Kickoff Party for BF3 10/25 @ 5PM PST/8PM EST

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Gaming
Hey guys - going to have a kickoff event for BF3 on our new server.

For now, plan on starting at 5PM PST/8PM EST. I won't be there to kick off the festivities until I get off work, but I expect to see you all ingame! I've added an event to the Steam calendar as a reminder, since Origin lacks community development stuff.

Be sure to squad up and support one another! Lets play this game the way it's meant to be played!:rockon:

Server Info:
32 Players Battlefield 3 [68.232.174.167:25200]
Dgicbf3.clanservers.com

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Balls. This conflicts with our synchtube :(

http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=805994&postcount=1079

As dumb as it sounds, this is going to be a conflict of interests for both sides.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    That's too bad :/

It's launch day for the game, though, so the party must go on!
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    Great to see some scheduled times already coming up.

8pm tomorrow night you say? I don't think I'd want to miss the inaugural playtime on our fresh new server.

I can shoot you a PM NiGHTS once I get the server info so we can keep in touch on the server admin side of things. As well as further dates.

Thanks.

boasist
    edited October 2011
    Server information added!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If you don't have BF3 yet, it's $51 on Amazon.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    I figured why not, lets give a shot. My first submission....no flames.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/looge/bf3_kickoff_party_on_our_32_slot_server_come_just/

.....realizes he should have put a link to the server in that.
    edited October 2011
    Friendly bump! I'll be late to the party (driving home from work) but I'll be there! Looking forward to gaming with you all!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Totally in tonight! Have you figured out rcon yet so we can kick people to make room for IC if needed?
    edited October 2011
    Yes, I'll have it running side by side.

If you guys have issues, please contact boasist for the first hour or so, he'll be your go-to guy until I get there. We'll be running all maps (Caspian Border twice) on the BF2 stalwart "conquest" to start - I'll sprinkle in some Rush later and maybe squad deathmatch towards the end of the night.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    I'll be in game and on the server playing the rotation that NiGHTS setup.

We also have a 35 slot Ventrillo server as well

Address: 68.232.167.202 Port: 4381

Currently totally available for use.

I'm not totally proficient at RCON yet, so we'll roll with this tonight. I'll get there.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I had trouble getting connected first time. Try closing and opening the origin client once (not restarting computer). I had not closed it since purchasing and was having issues. After restarting client, first login to server went perfectly.
    edited October 2011
    We really need to have it go Conquest->Rush->repeat

might help get more people in the server to have it switching up.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    No problem pigflipper, I can implement that and we'll see how she goes.

I appreciate the feedback, once we dial the server in, you won't be able to stay off. This, I can almost guarantee.
    edited October 2011
    Holy crap that was fun!

Too bad about the pony crew having to leave early, but I had a blast - hope you guys did too! The west coast crew (Church, Piggy, Me) +1 (Blackhawk) partied up later on in the night to continue battle and we did a hell of a job, MVPs and Ace Squad pins were had by all.

I'll be back on tonight, hopefully we can get some public blood on the server so we don't have to continue slaughtering ourselves.
    edited October 2011
    I look forward to playing this on full servers. Seems like it will be glorious madness
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    I look forward to playing this on our server with 32 people. Seems like it will be glorious madness
    ***Edited for content.

We've built it, now they will come.

Right?
    edited October 2011
    Yep yep
    edited October 2011
    Is there a way to make reserved slots for IC members? I couldn't get on the server earlier from all the pubs. Also, the map size is set to standard, not large; any particular reason?
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    pigflipper wrote:
    Is there a way to make reserved slots for IC members? I couldn't get on the server earlier from all the pubs. Also, the map size is set to standard, not large; any particular reason?

Yes I can set reserved slots up if neccesary. The server has been pretty full most of the day today.

The maps are standard as they are sized for 32 players, the large maps are sized for 64 players. So, for now we're using the standard sizes.

Thanks for being patient as we tweak this server to be the best.
    edited October 2011
    Has it really? That's awesome news!
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    pigflipper wrote:

I'll formally implement these once DICE has enabled them. For now, it's first come, first serve.