ICOK 2011

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So, some people have been asking me about Dunigan, so here's the deal.

I gave him a call yesterday just to catch up (and to maybe convince him to make it to Detroit). As you know, he's in the Navy these days, just finishing up navy school or something. His graduation is coming up, and he actually had plans + money saved up to surprise us all by showing up at ICOK.

Originally, his graduation was to be this past weekend. Then the next weekend was girlfriend and family time, then he would have been wide open for ICOK. It was going to happen.

Then they backed up his graduation to this past weekend (the 22nd). Then, one of our buddies from the TV studio bought him tickets to the Notre Dame vs Navy home game in South Bend on the Sat. of the ICOK costume party as a surprise gift.

So basically, there's no way he can pull it off without blowing off some friends that are very close to him. He sends his condolences, he really, REALLY wanted nothing more than to be hanging out with us in Detroit. He's hopeful for an event in the soon future, but for now, he has to bail out :(
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    HINT HINT- If anyone doesn't have a costume yet, Eli started a tradition last year of showing up as someone that showed up as someone the year before. If that tradition could be continued it would be hilarious. It should not be hard to pull off! :D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    HINT HINT- If anyone doesn't have a costume yet, Eli started a tradition last year of showing up as someone that showed up as someone the year before. If that tradition could be continued it would be hilarious. It should not be hard to pull off! :D

Double Eli? Amazing. Sign me up.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I have flight info for Shwaip, Marushka, Cannonfodder, Jimmeh, K, Cyclonite & Charity. I know other people are flying; I need your info if you want a pickup!

Charity and I are renting a car. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. No need for a pickup. :)
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make it :( Have fun guys.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ZenMode wrote:

DICK. :mad2:
    edited October 2011
    ZenMode wrote:

Whuuuuuut!!! Why not?!
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ZenMode wrote:

LAME :(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    You live locally. The party lasts for three days. This is lame.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    In for Friday afternoon/evening.

I'd stay longer, but I have a basement to finish and kids' halloween events to tend to.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Sorry guys, I thought I had everything worked out, but it looks like I can't cut class Friday to come join the party. I've got a test that I absolutely can't miss, and it's apparently impossible to take it any other time :(
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If I can make it on Saturday, am I going to be the only one without a costume? :p
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Jason wrote:
    If I can make it on Saturday, am I going to be the only one without a costume? :p
    Nope.. I have no costume because I am unsure if I will be there Saturday night.
    In for Friday afternoon/evening.

I'd stay longer, but I have a basement to finish and kids' halloween events to tend to.
    OMG, I actually get to shake your hand after meeting you once 2 years ago? :D
    edited October 2011
    Ryder wrote:
    OMG, I actually get to shake your hand after meeting you once 2 years ago? :D

Not if someone coerces you into a game of Edward 40hands. :)
    edited October 2011
    Not if someone coerces you into a game of Edward 40hands. :)
    no no no :shakehead
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    cola wrote:
    Sorry guys, I thought I had everything worked out, but it looks like I can't cut class Friday to come join the party. I've got a test that I absolutely can't miss, and it's apparently impossible to take it any other time :(

Not acceptable.
    edited October 2011
    Speaking of beer.

I'm trying to think of something to bring. The selection in Fenton is actually quite expansive (as some of you are aware).

I was thinking of grabbing a growler (or 2 or 3) from here: http://fentonwinery.com/WineList.html

Or maybe something interestingly obscure (and probably English) from The French Laundry.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2011
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Got it, Bobby.
    edited October 2011
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    cola wrote:

I am shocked, appalled, and nearly shed some manly tears. There has got to be another way to take the test at a different time, or procure a make-up time.

Soldier. This is your mission. Ponies are at stake. We are counting on you.

5xCGm.png
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    so sad I can't make the Icrontic event I created.

drink a toast my friends. raise those glasses high and be proud to be an Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    so sad I can't make the Icrontic event I created.

drink a toast my friends. raise those glasses high and be proud to be an Icrontian

Whaaaaat. Why not?!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Bandrik, if I hadn't already done everything I could to try to persuade him to let me do any other day I wouldn't have called it off, I'm so sorry guys.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Did you really do everything -_-
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ICOK: So good you'll take a shot in the mouth for it.
    edited October 2011
    Take a lesson from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back:

Jay (on trading sexual favors with truckers for rides)- Yeah... But don't they get pissed when you don't make with the head?
    Carlin - Sure... If you don't make with the head...
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Of course that then breaks with reality when they roll into Hollywood in a Jeep driven by a very attractive female... snoogins.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Whaaaaat. Why not?!

have to work
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    What if it were to rain or snow?