A dedicated Battlefield 3 server for Icrontic and Trinet's Division-G

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
  • Sp00nmanSp00nman Ferndale, MI
    edited October 2011
    We're very happy to promote the PC gaming experience. This is just the first of what I hope will be many team efforts to promote good gaming.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the server tomorrow!

EA ID: Sp00man72

~Neil
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Woo! Can't wait!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If you don't have Battlefield 3, you can get it for $51 on Amazon.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    is this 32vs32 or 16vs16?
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    32 max slots. So 16vs16.

If the demand approaches, we can upgrade to full on 64 player mayhem! ROFLCOPTR
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    boasist wrote:
    32 max slots. So 16vs16.

If the demand approaches, we can upgrade to full on 64 player mayhem! ROFLCOPTR

was just curious. allows platoon sized warfare. thanks for info

I would really love to see 64v64, with all the bells
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I had trouble getting connected first time. Try closing and opening the origin client once (not restarting computer). I had not closed it since purchasing and was having issues. After restarting client, login to server went perfectly.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I don't think I'll have it downloaded before the end of the night. :(
    edited October 2011
    I know we have the vent server from Division G for BF3, and I got into that one, but I can't seem to get into normal IC server. I have details from the minecraft sticky, but it doesn't seem to want to let me in. Anyone PM me something to make me feel dumb and get connected?
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Played with Tushon, Nights, Pigflipper and others. It was fun! Now I have to figure out how to play something other than MEEEDIC.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Oh, are folks on a different vent server than IC's?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    Oh, are folks on a different vent server than IC's?
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=806537&postcount=11
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So Jimmeh and I tried for at least 30 minutes tonight to play together on a public server. Origin is such a frigging mess that we've had no actual luck at playing in the same game at all so far. This is a total nightmare. Origin blows.

So basically, it's like this: If you don't have any friends, BF3 online rules. If you have friends, go f*k yourself.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but ur doin' it rong. Import your Origin friends to the Battlelog, then create a party. Find a server with open slots or let BF3 do it for you with a quick match.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but ur doin' it rong. Import your Origin friends to the Battlelog, then create a party. Find a server with open slots or let BF3 do it for you with a quick match.

Did that and done that.

Also:

s/origin/battlelog/
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:

Yeah, definitely not that simple. We partied up and it didn't make a difference - no matter which server we connected to, either Tiberius or I did not recieve the confirmation popup that the other sent out when trying to connect. It was a frigging mess.

We ended up just connecting to whatever server we wanted,and using the join feature from the other person's status page.

We spent an hour and a half tonight playing BF3, but we only played BF3 for 40 minutes. Battlelog blows.
    edited October 2011
    A couple shots from our first few games on the server:

bf32011-10-2518-45-57-96.png

bf32011-10-2518-45-22-77.png

bf32011-10-2518-33-16-82.png
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    "just like crabs"

That line caused me to die a few seconds later cause I was laughing too hard to pay attention
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Man that looks freaking gorgeous.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    What better man to take pictures than the Dean of Computer Graphics, great stuff UPSLynx.

It was a blast last night, I was mostly romping around getting familiar with the controls, maps, etc. But we all got along and once we were in the game it was awesome. Thanks again to all that showed up.

I've implemented the following changes to the server

Rotation is now - Conquest, Rush, then back again, I've also changed the map size to small, as that is setup for 32 players, last night we were on 64 player maps.
    Server will start a game with fewer people in it, allowing you to hop in when the server is slow and practice flying around.

Worst part for me was I realized my GTX285 doesn't cut the mustard. I was playing at 800x600, low res, in a window. That will have to change.
    edited October 2011
    That explains why you kept getting the tank stuck so much early on. :-p
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    Cyclonite wrote:
    That explains why you kept getting the tank stuck so much early on. :-p

Hahaha, yes, I was getting huge airtime in the tank going over those rubble piles, I was curious if it would kick you off when we went upside down. The answer is no and we can now be a full on multi-dimensional killing machine.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    boasist wrote:
    Worst part for me was I realized my GTX285 doesn't cut the mustard. I was playing at 800x600, low res, in a window. That will have to change.

I'm using a GTX260 and the game ran pretty well for me considering I didn't get around to changing any of the video options.
    edited October 2011
    boasist wrote:

It cuts the mustard, sort of, but the current GeForce drivers are fucking awful for BF3. Constant stuttering, hiccuping, etc. It's nasty.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    It cuts the mustard, sort of, but the current GeForce drivers are fucking awful for BF3. Constant stuttering, hiccuping, etc. It's nasty.

OK good, so it's a driver thing. I did update to the latest public release before playing last night. Patience it seems I need yes.
    edited October 2011
    boasist wrote:
    Hahaha, yes, I was getting huge airtime in the tank going over those rubble piles, I was curious if it would kick you off when we went upside down. The answer is no and we can now be a full on multi-dimensional killing machine.

Woo! I had a good time. Wish I could have stuck around longer.
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:

I was playing on latest release drivers and experience none of those things (on a GTX570 ... so if your comment was directed at 200 series cards, ignore this)
    edited October 2011
    It's any DX 8/9/10 NVIDIA cards, and select 500 Series cards, primarily 560/580 and SLI configs.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    For what it's worth, Lynx: Church, Pig, Blackhawk and I partied up mid-round and ended up spawning in the same squad for 3 games in a row on a 64 player server. We also had Cri1s89 and Church's gf in the server with us, too (they found us through Origin browser).

Don't be so quick to write the system off, it's the first day - who knows, you might have been trying to do it at a wonky time. All kinds of things were going on last night that prevented something from happening properly.