Dungeon Defenders creates a whole new genre of multiplayer gaming

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    They should patch the demo because the demo makes it really obvious the game is a crappy console port. The entire tutorial was for a 360 controller!
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2011
    Haters gonna hate.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    It still says Press Start whether it loads. It's obviously a console port.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I don't care what sort of port it is, the game is WTF fun.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Broke down and bought it. I'm gonna learn the basics this afternoon, who's playing tonight?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I am, gonna try and run through some stuff on easy. Tried playing online with 2 pubs and Tushon.....we got burned on medium because one dude sucked horribly.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    More players = more mobs per wave. If someone isn't pulling their weight, you will feel it. Then the inevitable trampling from the horde will commence.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    _k_ wrote:
    I am, gonna try and run through some stuff on easy. Tried playing online with 2 pubs and Tushon.....we got burned on medium because one dude sucked horribly.

horrible guy also ran around picking up every item on map, along with collecting the mana others had "earned". Keep a couple things in mind as you learn to play: first, if you don't need an item, i.e. can't use it, don't pick it up. The items all get sold and distributed equally at the end automatically if you don't need them. Two, don't overbuild your defense because you have a total number of defense "units" that can be built for your whole team, and over-building one section will make it harder for other sections.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Anyone else have their character disappear after closing the game? How fix?!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Questions:

When playing one player, and switching characters around, how do I keep XP balanced? Only the character who is in the room during combat phase gets XP, so the tower-focused characters never level.

Also: How do I access the special events? Like: It says that November is "Search for the eternia crystals, part 1" or whatever. What does that mean, how do I access that?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I adore this game. So much fun. Tonight we discovered jump man, slap chop, easy mode, and Christmas balls. Some shots:

Cola's Christmas Balls!
    Colas Christmas Balls.jpg

Spencer and I built the all time greatest tavern defense against Cherplunka!
    Tavern Defense.jpg
    edited November 2011
    I found that Steam cloud is probably responsible for my characters disappearing and causing various issues with other players. To disable it right click the game in your Steam library, go to properties, and uncheck enable Steam cloud sync in the updates tab or risk losing your characters 074f5075bdbcf9b17aadbe04946efcdb
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Characters are disappearing without Steam Cloud. That's not it.
    edited November 2011
    Weird, I turned it off and stopped losing my characters everytime I closed the game. If that wasn't it I'm worried again :eek3:.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Weird. I've never lost a character. Are you guys playing Ranked?
    edited November 2011
    I've had one character rollback, but it was timed with a weird disconnect issue after being logged in / idle for a really long time.
    TiberiusLazarus
    edited November 2011
    On a side note, our Icrontic DD group is nearing end-game and should be doing the new content / challenges very soon :D
    TiberiusLazarus
    edited November 2011
    Tonight, Cola, Cherplunka and I played the final level on medium. I don't think we realized it was the final level, but we played it anyways.

We did alright, and we managed to get to the boss wave, which is a giant flying dragon thing. We figured that we had to use the giant crossbow deals on the roof to hit him. So Cola and I ran around and tried to fire the crossbows at him while Cherplunka ran around repairing all of our defenses.

It wasn't going well. In fact, it was going terribly. Cola and I were having a horrible time actually dealing damage to the dragon (after hitting him with the arrows). Cherplunka was starting to panic a little bit about the crystals, which were taking heat, and I knew that at the incredibly slow rate we were damaging the dragon, there was absolutely no way we would win this fight. We had spend roughtly 35 minutes getting to this boss, and it was going to crash and burn at the end of it all.

But we didn't give up. We rallied. Cola and I started splitting the map, one covered one set of crossbows, the other had the opposite side. We let Cherplunka main all of the mana so she could repair. Back and forth. Back and forth. Slowly, we creeped away at the Dragon's health. At the half way point, I jokingly said "if we win this game, I'm buying all of you drinks. Cola, take a rain check for a few years."

And then it was over. We suffered a critical blow. A slap chop at a critical choke point went down. Cola and Cherplunka managed to hold off the baddies long enough for me to rebuild. Our success was short lived, however, when one crystal got focused by a huge leak. The crystal's health was down to 10%. It was surely over, as the Dragon still had a fourth of its health remaining.

But we persisted, we endured. At the pinnacle of teamwork and communication, we were running a very tight battle. Everyone was doing exactly what they needed to do. Cherplunka kept the fort held down while Cola and I systematically followed the dragon and did our worst.

And then we did it. With one final shot of the crossbow, we brought the dragon down. Skype broke out into cheers, clapping, and yelling as we lost it. We couldn't believe we had just won. A 25 minute long battle, resulting in one of the most intense and exciting gaming experiences I have ever had. It was incredible. I can't properly describe the event in words. I frigging LOVE this game.

2011-11-07_00002.jpg
    2011-11-07_00004.jpg
    A well deserved MVP for Cherplunka at the end of that battle.

If any of you aren't playing Dungeon Defenders yet, you need to be. This game is spectacular.
    edited November 2011
    Hell yes. I plowed through several missions with my son tonight. A fantastic father-son bonding time well spent :D
    edited November 2011
    Hell yes. I plowed through several missions with my son tonight. A fantastic father-son bonding time well spent :D

haha, dude the three of us were JUST talking about that on Skype. We were like "hmmm... Prime and Perry in DD. 4AM on a school night. What an awesome family."

This game, man. dat game.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, we rode into an ancient dragon's keep bringing new hero's justice.
    It's big, it's brutal, it's the boss
    "I just balista'd your eye out, made myself the champion"
    "Beating the final boss of a game, now that's 20 levels or two thousand mana"
    "Get your filthy balistas away from me, loser"
    "HE, HE JUST SHOT DOWN THE FINAL BOSS!"
    "While, we just thought that since you've been huntin us heros for so long, we just wanted to see what it would be like to hunt bosses for a while"
    "Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to infor..."
    "Excuse me, you are interrupting our victory celebration, we never discuss business while we're celebrating."
    Part ledgend, part devil, all man.

Ninjakingcola is: Boss slayer
    UPSLynx and Cherplunka, his deputies

They call him boss...BOSS SLAYAH!
    edited November 2011
    Does no one know the answer to this question, or did it just get lost in other discussion?
    How do I access the special events? Like: It says that November is "Search for the eternia crystals, part 1" or whatever. What does that mean, how do I access that?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    CB wrote:
    Does no one know the answer to this question, or did it just get lost in other discussion?

No idea. The halloween event is/was accessible from the challenges menu. Perhaps the November stuff isn't out yet?

I believe there is to be a patch tomorrow. Maybe then.
    edited November 2011
    I believe only the halloween content is available, others to come in what looks to be weekly / bi-weekly releases. I just hope they don't shut down the old content right away so we have a chance to capitalize on all of it.
    edited November 2011
    I LOVE THIS GAME FML
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    FIREBALL
    edited November 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    I believe only the halloween content is available, others to come in what looks to be weekly / bi-weekly releases. I just hope they don't shut down the old content right away so we have a chance to capitalize on all of it.

Well, some of the bonus stuff has specific dates on it, but this one just says 'November', so I figured it was a month-long thing...
    edited November 2011
    I've never seen any of the halloween content other than the costumes
    edited November 2011
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
    FIREBALL
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Oh, man. I've been so busy I haven't been able to play. I can't wait to get home from this trip!