Modern Warfare 3 and the art of violence

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Really great job on the interview. You handled yourself well
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Al Jazeera had a lack of total douchebag "expert" who actually was a worthless waste of time as the counterpoint.

CLEARLY NOT FAIR AND BALANCED

Good job as usual Brian.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Very well done Brian!
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Grats man! Glad to see you on a high quality news program like this!! ^_^
  • edited November 2011
    Nice work, as usual, Brian. How awesome is it you're bringing Detroit to the world by discussing something you love?

Hell yes.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Bravo Brian, bravo.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Maybe this is your calling.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I didn't know the news could be good. Well done, Brian!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    primesuspect - official unofficial pundit for the video game culture.

I have to ask though, why was your top button buttoned when you weren't wearing a tie? It's my understanding that doing so is a fashion no-no (also, IMO, it just plain looks silly).
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I have to ask though, why was your top button buttoned when you weren't wearing a tie? It's my understanding that doing so is a fashion no-no (also, IMO, it just plain looks silly).

I agree. Brian maybe pro when it comes to the violence of art and video games in education but a n00b when it comes to fashion.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    You should change your user title to "As seen on TV" :p
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2011
    So much happier with this video... however I am concerned... It seems we are completely avoiding one very important topic: Ping Pong. Is ping pong too violent?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Great job on this one. It was nice to see real questions, rather than loaded "Have you stopped beating your wife?" types like you got on Fox.

As to the topic addressed, I think there are really two draws to games like this (and by games like this, I mean high-quality, high production-value, well thought-out games like MW(n), the Battlefield series, etc): 1. It's cathartic. Like you said in the interview; there's so much going on in the world, it gives people a chance to experience (however limited) some of it. 2. People appreciate well-produced art. Games like this work very hard to give an immersive, realistic, and downright cinematic experience.

I hope other news organizations start realizing that people like you (and this community) have opinions worth hearing. Plus it's great to be able to say "I know that guy".
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I want to commission an official Primesuspect action figure with bullshit deflector action!

Nicely done.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I want to commission an official Primesuspect action figure with bullshit deflector action!

Nicely done.

It will have to be poorly dressed and have a three-mile-stare :p
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Oh my, I've been so racist. I thought Al Jazeera only showed beheadings and other cruel things...
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    On a serious note, Al Jazeera English is actually a pretty good news channel (and free).
  • edited November 2011
    Nice one dude! I would've completely clammed up and probably wouldn't be able to talk very well eg stumbling over my own words and junk. Plus my Canadian Accent would've reared its head.
    It will have to be poorly dressed and have a three-mile-stare
    Naww dude it's just the camera.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Fantastic interview, Brian. Sure was a refreshing change of atmosphere from HERP DERP PING PONG FOX NEWS.

You've said it yourself to me that Al Jazeera was a respectable global media network. I now see that to be true. I am impressed.

I was originally planning on picking up MW3 several months after its release date... but maybe...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Really good. This is definitely something I could see you doing more of fella! :)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    How in the hell did so many people think Al Jazeera was not a fantastic media network? It's been that way for over a decade and it's praises are sung all over the internet. It's one of the least-biased, has great international coverage, and reports on things other than the typical "check out this squirrel on a waterski!" fluff.

Is it the name?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Annes wrote:

Is it the name?

yes.
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, a lot of people think the name automatically means "TURRIST". Welcome to middle america.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I would have to put myself in the camp with those who were surprised on how good of an actual news program Al Jazeera English put out there. Definitely alot less biased than most of the US based networks. It was my first time watching Al Jazeera and I was pleasantly surprised.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Think you did really well in that interview mate! I can name a number of people (Myself included) that would've broken into a nervous, speechless sweat just being on tv in the first place.

That said on the topic of the actual game it seems, at least to myself that it hasn't changed since COD4, the story may be worth a rent or something but unless I find something (Or someone can show me something) absolutely ground-breaking in comparison to the other games I don't think CODMW3 will ever appear on my 'to buy' list.
    edited November 2011
    Welcome to middle america.

Not just 'Merica.
    edited November 2011
    Welcome to Northern Norway?
    edited November 2011
    Kinda like Texas, but without the sun and the heat.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    Kinda like Texas, but without the sun and the heat.

Don't mess with <strike>Texas</strike> Norway. They'll totally go viking on yer ass.

Now I want to see a version of Yosemite Sam, but donning a stereotypical viking hat instead of his trademark cowboy hat.

Tried to google search for it, but found Spartan Sam instead. Oh well.

Vtgsz.jpg
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    Don't mess with <strike>Texas</strike> Norway. They'll totally go viking on yer ass.

Now I want to see a version of Yosemite Sam, but donning a stereotypical viking hat instead of his trademark cowboy hat.

Tried to google search for it, but found Spartan Sam instead. Oh well.

Vtgsz.jpg

That's because it was Elmer Fudd in "What's Opera, Doc?" with his spear and magic helmet:

opera_.jpg