Why grown-ass men love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much

Comments

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-yo-dont-say-sht-bout-mah-ponies.jpg
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This just in - Scootaloo is a chicken.
    edited November 2011
    Basil, Cola and I are frigging DYING at that picture. Nice one.
  • edited November 2011
    Please heed my warning before it's too late.
  • edited November 2011
    Please, before it's to late. He must destroy this menace.
    edited November 2011
    can't stop won't stop.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011

^Dude just can't handle it.

Can't accept the magic of friendship into his heart.

Oh what a sad and lonely existence it must be.

Deal with it.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Stop feeding troll plz.
  • edited November 2011
    Pony fandom is best fandom.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    JUST TAKE THE ROOFIE!
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited November 2011
    primesuspect, yes you are a bad parent, those bronies most likely molested your kids.
    Children cannot be bronies, only 20+ year old men with an obsession over a little girls show can be. Also cats cannot be bronies because cats have good taste in TV shows.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Also when I first joined in on this thread I was listening to this
    BLAM
    |
    V

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppRugq3qV5Q&quot; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

but now I feel bad because it feels like it was an insult to my friends :'C
    edited November 2011
    Annes wrote:
    JUST TAKE THE ROOFIE!

Oh Lord, he's right.

Welp, party's over.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011

crazy_twilight_sparkle_by_easteu-d4cw2du.png

640px-Twilight_Sparkle_and_Scootaloo_S02E03.png
  • edited November 2011
    Hey, I warned you. When bronies start molesting kids everywhere it will be your own fault. They're nothing but a bunch of socially inept child molesters.
    edited November 2011
    Hey, I warned you. When bronies start molesting kids everywhere it will be your own fault. They're nothing but a bunch of socially inept child molesters.

1318701494968.png

DEAL WITH IT
  • edited November 2011
    Why should I have to deal with accepting child molesters. Maybe you should stop touching little kids.
    edited November 2011
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AM0IH1SUJa8&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And on a related note6ie6o8.png
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ok, I'm over this joke. *yawn*

Can we head on to the next one now?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    srsly, stop feeding troll plz.
  • edited November 2011
    I've only recently joined the 'Brony' herd thanks largely to a group of friends who bet me five bucks that I couldn't sit through an entire episode.

So they started me on episode 16 (Sonic Rainboom) and needless to say almost 5 minutes in I was hooked or hoofed whatever you want to call it.

Now to my point :P

This article is brilliant and it amazes me to find out how far the MLP:FiM fanbase extends past simply watching the show, I just have no idea where to start now that I've watched up to the latest episode.

Also I agree Rainbow Dash is best pony!
    edited November 2011
    Alright, SO! I was working on a flash based timeline for history but it was tardy! So what I decided (knowing my history prof was pretty chill) was I laced the project with "I'll/I'm tardy" quotes from episode 3 of season two. Needless to say he got all the references and later in the week showed it to class! (This was an extra curricular class as well so the teachers are normally quite uptight)
  • edited November 2011
    @TheAlertHusky

That actually sounds pretty awesome.

...Now if I can just learn how to work these post things properly.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    AHA finally...sorry for the double post I just have no idea how to delete those old posts and I only just now figured out how to PROPERLY reply on this forum :P
    edited November 2011
    Ilriyas wrote:
    AHA finally...sorry for the double post I just have no idea how to delete those old posts and I only just now figured out how to PROPERLY reply on this forum :P

Oh hello again friend, and you got this, the double posting problem happens to everyone so worry not. We're quite accepting here so yeah. Eh
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ilriyas wrote:

Don't worry, double posts happen. Welcome to the herd, Ilriyas!
    edited November 2011
    Glad you enjoyed the article Ilriyas. Welcome to Icrontic!
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for the article UPSLynx. Although MLP *isnt* my type of show, now I know that Faust actually made it(One of my fave creators when I was a bit younger.) I might get into the series itself. I'll stop being a Pony hater, although I'll keep away from the fanboys. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I like the show, but the fandom scares the shit out of me, KonVeger. I understand what you mean.
  • edited November 2011
    If you don't like MLP. Well. You're lose. You don't know what you're missing. The fandom is the best thing ever. I have only been a fan for 2 months. Never watched it before then... I was like many others.. But when I watched it, I fell in love with it. The community with its artwork, music videos, and everything else is amazing. Never before have I seen a community like this, unless you are counting a Star Trek or Star Wars fans. I am a 25 year old Brony.. I am also a Trekkie. I am also straight... Deal with it.