Dungeon Defenders creates a whole new genre of multiplayer gaming

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Don't think you can play the Halloween maps until you beat the game or something. We tried one last night, it was incredibly difficult. Failure multiple times.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Don't think you can play the Halloween maps until you beat the game or something. We tried one last night, it was incredibly difficult. Failure multiple times.

The recommended level is 60 for a reason.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Just purchased the game. Am I late to the party?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Well, we were 3 people lvl 30 and below and we made it up to the second to last wave without issue, then our maintenance slipped on one of our chokes and a bunch of suiciders ran in. I'm sure we could have held it if we'd been a bit more dillegant.

And Blackhawk, you're just in time, I only got the game 3 days ago myself XD
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The Halloween map appears in the challenges right away. I made it to the last wave of easy mode with my level 15 wizard alone. It was the first time I'd seen a level with more than one core.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    A lot of the levels have more than one core ?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    A lot of the levels have more than one core ?

First 4 levels have 1 core. Next 4 have 2. Next 4 have 3.
    edited November 2011
    Right, that's what I'm saying. I wasn't very far into the game, and I was able to play halloweeeeeeen level.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Well gentlemen. I caved in and bought this game. Feel free to all abandon it now :P
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Dungeon Defenders was so last week... This week, it's Skyrim!!
    edited November 2011
    We're all still playing the shit out of this game.

Going through the campaign with Perry. He and I just got to the ramparts tonight after getting hung up in the Throne Room for a while. It took us about six attempts to beat the throne room. He mains squire, and I main huntress.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    To those saying they've "done the halloween map and almost beat it, with low-level characters", if I may ask, what difficulty was the map set to? The unlocks come at Hard or Insane for that map, which are indeed pretty difficult.
    edited November 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    To those saying they've "done the halloween map and almost beat it, with low-level characters", if I may ask, what difficulty was the map set to? The unlocks come at Hard or Insane for that map, which are indeed pretty difficult.
    CB wrote:
    I made it to the last wave of easy mode with my level 15 wizard alone.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Whoops, I know I read that post CB, i just missed the difficulty part.
  • edited November 2011
    Seems like a must-have game to me. I was planning to buy it when it's on sale but... Steam says "Halloween DLC will be free to anyone who owns Dungeon Defenders BEFORE 11/11".

So, what do you think, which one will be the cheaper option:

- To buy now and get free Halloween DLC
    - Or to wait until the game is on sale and buy the DLC

So basically I'm asking what do you think the DLC will cost after 11/11?

Btw, I'm planning to buy the 4-pack.
    edited November 2011
    I don't think the Halloween DLC will be purchasable.

This game is too fun to not buy for $15/copy. I'd dive in :D
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Lynx, Cherp, and I made it to the second to last wave on the Halloween map on medium.
    edited November 2011
    I'm claiming contagion for this one. Deal with it.
    edited November 2011
    Patch 7.08
    * Added 16-player PvP CTF Pre-Alpha Season Pass "Frostdale Village" DLC support.

* Fixed return-to-tavern crash / map-transition crash
    * Fixed issue where Costumes would sometimes not be unlocked when completing Halloween Spooktacular!

* Fixed glitch where you could get "Unlocked New Mission / Costume" messages on every startup unless you did a local save

* Kobolds should no longer ever phase through blockades

* Raised cap on Monk weapon Ranged Damage stat per upgrade to 85

* Added Insta-Invest button to immediately dump in as much Mana as you can for the next Upgrade level

* Fixed bug where User Interface debug info could appear on-screen by pressing some obscure key combination

* Chain Lightning Tower now immediately retargets to new enemies after killing an enemy. Also its Attack Duration Ramp has been increased by 40%, now you get much longer-hitting lighting towers, and Lightning Tower AOE including max number of chains increased by 10%, and its Max Chain Length increased by 33%

* Uber-Chicken Pet's Damage now scales with Hero Damage and has a reasonable impact AoE, making it a fantastic boast-worthy reward for any Legendary Defender

* Fixed issue where DarkBot and Spanky pets weren't counting towards the "Gotta Catch Em All!" Achievement. If you already have those Pets, with this update you will simply need to drop those Pets from your Item Box or Hero, and pick them up or store them again, in order to have them count towards the Achievement.

* Fixed Ogres occasionally getting stuck in creep rooms on Glitterhelm

* Chicken Pet can no longer have poor number of upgrade levels

* Added simplified Monk Auras for low-quality graphics modes

* Enabled Guardians to boost multiple nearby Defenses! This is a new, upgradeable stat on all Guardians (only upgrades once every 10 levels so you need to be packing a high-level Guardian to get the most out of it). Increased Guardian boost-amount exponents by 100% so their Boost-stat value will have more of an effect as well. Enjoy it, it makes Guardians an incredibly powerful buff especially when used in team groupings!

* Auto-lock items picked up from tavern floors

* Reduced enemy ramp by over 60% for Survival Enemies (so a much quicker affair now), but now the Survival/Pure-Strat difficulty ramp vastly increased once you get past Wave 10. Moved Giraffe Pet earning to Wave 25 survival.
    edited November 2011
    Oh man! DAT LIGHTNING BUFF
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, as if I didn't dominate choke points with lightning towers before ... Those fixes listed are awesome and address pretty much everything that I've heard was wrong with the game.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to formally announce the creation of Petunia, the male-legged female Squire. Petunia wears a pink and purple set of armor ingame with a lovely pink feathered helm. A most fortuitous discovery, she happened across a giant pink sword during a powerlevel session with PrAnnesFodder last night. If you happen to bump into her ingame, please feel free to press "C" and announce your presence with a giant arrow.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    * Fixed return-to-tavern crash / map-transition crash

Yay! This was getting pretty bad. I am really enjoying this game and the fact that they are supporting it so well out of the gate.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    So does Icrontic still play this? I was on steam looking for deals when it jumped out at me (Well mostly the Black Mage character) but after watching the small trailers I couldn't stop laughing.

Got it now, hope it doesn't end up as one of my many untouched steam games.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    We haven't lately because of a host of reasons, (mainly Holiday madness and LoL for me), but I know a lot of IC still plays, and I have every intention to keep playing the crap out of this game.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I haven't played recently due to their being a ridiculous amount of games out and I've got a large backlog of tv episodes I want to watch. /firstworldproblems
    edited November 2011
    Yes, there are still people playing this. I'm still playing it, I saw prag playing two nights ago, etc.... It's just.. Skyrim...
    edited November 2011
    A group of us play every Thursday night lately, but we're not the official IC group. :P
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yes, there are still people playing this. I'm still playing it, I saw prag playing two nights ago, etc.... It's just.. Skyrim...

I know your pain Prime, why play anything else when there's Skyrim.

Ah well, maybe someone should just set up an event one day (Like we did with TF2) because I have no idea how to do that XD
    edited November 2011
    Events usually never work out; what almost always works is: Open up the game, invite three random people from {IC} and before you know it, you'll have a full group :)