Icrontic Squad

StarmanStarman Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming
Canti, Nights, Cannonfodder and I managed to get together in a party and successfully enter a squad together (after about 20 minutes trying to get it to work).

The result was hilarity and tremendous fun.

Highlights included yelling at Nights to tell us which point to go to, even while he was trying to tell us; jumping into a firefight to revive each other only to die and revive repeatedly in the span of a few seconds; driving a jeep into an AT mine and killing all of us; flipping a helicopter upside down and crashing it into me; and zapping Canti with the defibrillators while he was quite alive and trying to snipe.

Low points included: playing Rush on Metro.

All in all, it was blast and quite worth it. I can't wait to do it again! Who else has had success with an Icrontic squad, and what zany things did you do?

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Played again (and still playing, taking a break) tonight with Cannonfodder, Pigflipper, and Canti and used ridiculous teamwork. Canti would find a nice safe spot to camp and use the MAV to spot for us. He's earning about 1600pts/rd in spotting alone. He'll follow overhead and yell out where dudes are for killin' ... it works surprisingly well.

Cannon and I were flipflopping between driving and gunning for tanks, as well as finding new and exciting ways to cross Kharg island with a buggy to avoid landmines. A ton of spotting and moving between us, revives galore, and yelling for grenades to be thrown (that never come, alas, Cannon enjoys recon) as we roll our way to victory. I put a tank shell through a helicopter once. It escalated quick. We should lay low for a bit.

Pigflipper was patrolling the friendly skies, mowing down things left and right as well as spotting ahead for us on a few different maps. He also flew a chopper into the water after taking off from the carrier on Kharg Island and is kinda terrible at driving the buggie (on his own accord, honest).

We were averaging about 15,000pts/rd as a squad in search of the ace squad pin, but alas, it never came.

YOU NEED TO GET IN THIS GAME WITH US.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Starman wrote:
    Highlights included yelling at Nights to tell us which point to go to, even while he was trying to tell us; jumping into a firefight to revive each other only to die and revive repeatedly in the span of a few seconds; driving a jeep into an AT mine and killing all of us; flipping a helicopter upside down and crashing it into me; and zapping Canti with the defibrillators while he was quite alive and trying to snipe.

The botched helo quick-pickup was by far the dumbest thing I've ever experienced. Holding S on the keyboard, while piloting a chopper, should keep that thing glued to the ground. What it SHOULDN'T do is turn the damn thing on it's side and attempt to mince whatever is near it.

SCAR! Hold up! Wait...just one... turn around dude and hop in I'll taBOOM
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This game is living up to everything BF2 was and more.

They really did a good job with the vehicles.

AND most importantly, they did a good job of making squads very important. so much fun the past couple nights.