The tale of Telltale and the Jurassic Jeep

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I saw that Jeep and PAX and I would assume sitting out in the open like it was, it got a ton of wear from people just handling it.
  • edited November 2011
    You know why that's a stellar response that avoided a potential PR disaster? Because it's honest and genuine. You can tell Kevin isn't trying to dodge anything, and he's being sincere. There is no PR speak or jargon in that response. He's speaking from the heart.

I also think this story proves the power of communities on a site like Reddit. This whole situation could have blown up a lot more if Telltale didn't handle it the right way.

Thanks for sharing this. :)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Dodgson! We got Dodgson here!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I also think this story proves the power of communities on a site like Reddit. This whole situation could have blown up a lot more if Telltale didn't handle it the right way.

Conversely, I think this story blew up because of Reddit when it shouldn't have.
    Telltale used the shipping company that the owner asked us to use.

Tell me, then, how is Telltale on the hook for this one if that's indeed the case? This is a classic he-said-he-said with Reddit doing it's usual fire-from-the-hip anti-corporate (or anything that looks/smells/feels corporate) and fighting for 'a little guy' that could have just as easily BS'd the entire story to get someone else to pick up the bill for his mistakes.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    You're telling me no one during all of this thought about insuring the car for the trip?
  • tjensen626tjensen626 Smiths, AL
    edited November 2011
    I don't think whether Telltale is actually responsible is the point. The guy may likely be the one responsible for the damage because he was dumb enough to stick it on the back of a truck without insuring it. But after the guy whined, Telltale handled it really well by putting out a fire even though it wasn't of their making.

Unfortunate that it cost them money, but hooray that they're able to come out of it squeaky clean with a little good press. Worth it, and don't look like jerks trying to cover their buts
    edited November 2011
    I agree completely, it isn't the point of the story. The issue though, is that's how the greater weberspace (reddit) is reading it, which is unfortunate.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    edited November 2011
    Just about to post that exact link. This is what I was talking about - that's abusing the 'power' of reddit.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    WOW... Talk about reddit community going off the deep end.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You're telling me no one during all of this thought about insuring the car for the trip?

According to the threads, the car was insured for the trip. The problem was it was taking too long for the insurance company to handle the claim (allegedly)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    None of the brand new Acuras, VWs, or Toyotas on the same carrier were damaged at all? What a strange coincidence.

Also, the damage to the side looks like it could have come from the tarp cover on the jeep flapping in the wind.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Sounds to me like the guy was trying to scam Telltale and/or the insurance company. His side of the story just doesn't add up to me at all.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    That rock damage I can say is from a flapping piece of the tarp or cover(probably one of the edges with a metal or plastic piece for example)... I have the same damage on my truck from a road trip.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Wow. A virtual lynch mob.
  • tjensen626tjensen626 Smiths, AL
    edited November 2011
    That's pretty ridiculous. Shame on the guy for stirring up the mob in the first place, and kudos still to Telltale for handling it like responsible adults (a rarity in most companies)