War Stories and Pictures Home

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming
Alright boys/girls, might as well start a thread about it, because you know we're going to want to brag about it.

Post anything and everything related to game shenanigans, moments of glory, jaw-dropping/brick-pooping moments, etc. here so we can all ohh and ahh together.

Screenshots and video welcome, too!

Comments

• FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    http://youtu.be/_AlH-POYd9o

This is not me, but Sgt. Enigma is the best sniper i have seen in any of to be honest, hes BF:BC2 montages are insane. this is a Beta-Tage
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Some footage from kickoff night!

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="383" id="viddler_a55fc9bc"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/a55fc9bc/&quot; /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/a55fc9bc/&quot; width="545" height="383" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_a55fc9bc"></embed></object>

Language included, but this was the majority of Icrontic's BCT farting around together on the server. Special surprise (no surprise) ending included!

Shot with Ultra settings, but it looks like Viddler does a hell of a job compressing the video so a lot of the jaw-drop pant-wetting awesomeness of the game is lost.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Battlefield-3-the-barrel-of-a-flashlight.jpg

Flashlight.jpg
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited November 2011
    Canti - http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/133891163617898497

All in good time, all in good time.
    edited November 2011
    lol @ Flashlight time
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think it's hilarious how absurd the flashlight is and hope they never change it. But only when I'm not playing.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    XmlIQ.jpg
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I tried to read this thread, but I think Icrontic is broken...

NkGrsl.png
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    http://youtu.be/_AlH-POYd9o

This is not me, but Sgt. Enigma is the best sniper i have seen in any of to be honest, hes BF:BC2 montages are insane. this is a Beta-Tage

I hope they patch this crap. Quick-scoping BS is one of the many things that ruined CoD. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of this online (I would assume its more prevalent on Rush games, which I don't play), so hopefully it isn't really an issue.

It is a clear exploit. You can see at 2:14 how long that actual bolt reset time is after a shot, then immediately afterwards he quick swaps and that reset time is nullified.

His long range shots are indeed excellent, but this medium to low range quick scope stuff is garbage.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Not me, but cool

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dj_17Uvfwes&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edited November 2011
    Not a crazy moment, but definitely one of those hair-raising ones: Playing last night on Seine Crossing conquest, large (64 players)

Canti rolls as Recon, is hiding on the northern corner of the bridge behind a minivan on the opposing side of the lines. We (CannonFodder, Pigflipper and I) begin to spawn on him fairly regularly as medics and support. We're attempting to hug the wall while we push up and capture point B. We're doing fairly well, with a few half-caps before being swarmed, but we're attracting a lot of attention doing it.

We get wiped and spawn on Canti, our anchor, again. I was the first to spawn before Pig and Cannon and heard the faint whine and scream of incoming mortars. The first came down about 20 feet from Canti and I warned we needed to displace and move before they zeroed in. We'd gotten into another firefight at this point as troops started swarming down the avenue straight at Canti (who was firing away). He was unable to move, which is what set up one of the more awesome events I've experienced lately.

Two mortars had since gone up and zeroed in on the white minivan we were hiding behind. Canti was yelling not to spawn on him, but at that point we'd all already deployed. Cannon was yelling into the mic, but I had no idea what he was saying - we were getting hit with mortar rounds, RPGs, and small arms fire all at once. Revive Pig, turn the corner, pop a few suppressing rounds off in the hopes I hit something or buy some time to dive into the river, revive Cannon, repeat. It was absolute chaos ...the sound was deafening. A friendly LAV went up in flames to the right of us, spewing smoke into the air. The orange glow of shoulder mounted rockets were quickly moving through the cloud, as well as tracer rounds and the occasional grenade. I'd crossed the street, hoping to make a break for it, when Canti went down. As I turned to revive, a mortar exploded behind me and I was tossed forward, helpless, only able to reach my hand out towards my dying friend ( :( ).

It sounds kinda dumb reading it, but the whole :30 second experience was something straight out of a movie (one without the happy ending where the medals all go home to our families) that I really connected with. Crazy stuff.

Then we respawned and attempted to coordinate an attack on B, the other side of the bridge, which we did and eventually went on to win the round. So cool story broheim and happy endings for all, but it was still a badass experience.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    That sounds pretty great, Nights. I look forward to playing with you again.
    edited November 2011
    Hahaha! Gate that video is fantastic!

"If you are watching this at work.... I hear WalMart is hiring"
    edited November 2011
    "Cool guys never look at explosions" as he walks away from his kill. This video is hysterical.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Or last night on Tehran Highway...

I was the last one to load the map, spawned at home base and moved forward up the right side of the map to a place were I could break out my mortar and hit the two right side control points. Canti is with me, using a MAV up in the air spotting enemies for the team while Nights and CannonFodder moved up as infantry.

With Canti spotting, me dropping mortars like they were going out of style and the other two pushing forward, we managed to get a 4 cap (all points controlled) and push the other team FAR back in their base. Canti was 0-0 with over 2k points, I was 15-0 with almost 4k points. One of the best runs I've had in the game and by far the most fun.

Canti: "Tank incoming down right side, moving fast"
    Me: "What, the one I just disabled with my mortar?"
    Canti: "Yup, next target, bunch of infantry moving in behind the point..."

Was an excellent night of BF3 with good peeps.
    edited November 2011
    The teamwork we had on Tehran Highway was incredible, there were some ridiculous moments on that map and it felt good to steamroll them the way we did.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    :ninja:
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Canti calling all the shots was so pro. I have never had so much battlefield awareness as last night.

This game is so scary, hearing bullets whizzing by your head, mortars blasting... that terrifying sound of tank treads rolling up on the other side of your cover...

Such a game has never before had me think twice about moving around the map, zone control, and psychological warfare...
    edited November 2011
    Having played with Canti as UAV recon, I can confirm, he's quite pro as a squad leader. I can't recall having more fun in an FPS than last night. I think he deserves more points for his efforts than the game deigns to give him.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited November 2011
    Awesome stuff. I really need to get a headset it seems. Can't wait to jump in with you all ASAMFP.
    edited November 2011
    Tonight, Canti, Pigflipper and Bobby rolled through an entire map rotation.

It was epic, as always. We had some fun playing with helicopters, with Piggy flying and various people including myself gunning, we managed to hold down 2 points and stay alive longer than I ever have in a transport chopper.

I had my best ever round, 24-13 and MVP 3 when I was driving LAV on Bazaar. I'm figuring out how to be cautious, even in vehicles.

Bobby joined us about 6 games in, and we had some epic squad battles at Seine Crossing. Canti was doing his Recon thing, and Piggy and I were fighting a tank that just wouldn't die. Bobby shows up and is all "what's up tank?" and suddenly we're rolling the other team. Bobby wasn't done there though, about 3 minutes later we're being held down on a bridge by a couple of snipers. I don't know how the hell he got over there, but next thing I know Bobby is yelling over vent "Take that knife kill! oh, DOUBLE knife kill! No more snipers!"

After this point, we are steam rolling them. We're playing on Firestorm, and the tank battles are on. At one point, Canti was running the UAV while Bobby, Piggy and I all had tanks.

Then on Tehran highway we were rolling the other team again (the UAV thing REALLY helps, even the rest of the team). The other team was getting desperate and sending LAV's on suicide road kill missions. First Bobby got run over. About 40 seconds later, another one runs at me where I'm laying by a building. The tire aiming directly at my head hits a bit of broken wall just ahead of me, the whole right side of the LAV goes up, over my head, and the thing rolls over.

So much fun. Hopefully more people can get a chance to experience the epic times we're having in BF3. The more we have the merrier, you all should join us for a great time!
    edited November 2011
    I can't wait for when we are able to get 2-3 full squads of IC players in vent for a game. Other teams will fall by the dozens before our combined efforts.
    edited November 2011
    Bobby joined us about 6 games in, and we had some epic squad battles at Seine Crossing. Canti was doing his Recon thing, and Piggy and I were fighting a tank that just wouldn't die. Bobby shows up and is all "what's up tank?" and suddenly we're rolling the other team. Bobby wasn't done there though, about 3 minutes later we're being held down on a bridge by a couple of snipers. I don't know how the hell he got over there, but next thing I know Bobby is yelling over vent "Take that knife kill! oh, DOUBLE knife kill! No more snipers!"!

Hahaha! That was a wonderful moment. When the round ended, my "preferred weapon" was listed as the knife.

Pic of said knifing:

gY28Jl.jpg

Tonight was an absolute blast. I've finally managed to fix all of the problems that have ruined the experience for me, and for the first time I played a few hours of BF3 and enjoyed it the entire time.

Can't add much more to what Cannon said, we had a tight group that knew what they were doing, and Canti spotting was epic.

Here's a quick video of some of the action. The chopper you see immediately is Piggeh. Any of the green blobs that were names pre-compression are Icrontians.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dDYdXt4ZwmA&quot; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>
    edited November 2011
    Another shot from tonight's action:

Ymj9ml.jpg

GnvJ0l.jpg

hp8p0l.jpg
    edited November 2011
    We were rolling hardcore tonight, lots of fun. Three full Squads of IC, with all weapons unlocked, would be SICK
    edited November 2011
    Also, I did not crash that helo, I lost engine 2 and had to set down quickly and get out before the next missile hit and blew the damn thing apart. Least I got a kill with it before pancaking.
    edited November 2011
    This sounds like a great idea. Keep me informed. If nobody else can contact me, send Canti.
    edited November 2011
    Or just hang out in vent/battlelog if you're up for playing ;)
    edited November 2011
    Grr. I'm about to spend an entire week at home with a laptop incapable of BF3'ing. Very jealous.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'm going to start with this: Baddlelog (and many things in BF3) is still pretty damn terrible.

That said, I actually had a lot of fun with BF3 this past weekend.

Canti, Cannon, BH, and I spent hours in vent/skype. Ryan and I spent many a round topping the scoreboards in tanks. Ryan driving, me gunner/repairs. BH was awesome infantry support. Canti doing his spotting thing in the MAV, keeping all three of us informed of where the enemy was/what positions were open for attack. I think we came out Ace Squad 5 times in a row.

Yesterday we had a total of 8 of us on vent playing at once. Getting us all on the same team was pretty terrible. Getting us all in the same squads was worse.

Morals of the story: 1) Seine Crossing sucks. 2) If you are trying to get somewhere, it is faster to run than to have Canti drive you in a jeep.