Minecraft 1.0.0

edited December 2011 in Minecraft
It's here! Well, it's been here for a few days but I know we are waiting on bukkit to update.

In the meantime, I think we should use this lull to organize what is to be done about "The Ark" and such.

Here is the full change list from the wiki

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history#Minecraft

A few of us have been playing on my server but I'm looking forward to going large scale

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I need to make this short as I am at work but it seems I need to get it out there sooner then later:

No one offered to help with the ark idea so it is not happening. We will all start fresh on the new map. I will hopefully have more details for you all later today.

-Digi
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    What all did you need done for the ark. Is it somthing that can be slapped together quickly?
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    If it's something we can put together, I'd be more than happy to focus completely on it before bukkit updates. I didn't know we needed to offer help, I was always willing. Let me know if I can do anything.
    edited November 2011
    same here
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Whoa whoa whoa. No ark? I didn't realize we were waiting on someone to volunteer to do it. I don't recall there being any discussions about that.

Admittedly, I don't frequent this subforum with any sort of tenacity, but I figured a move like that would have been more visible.

What needs to be done?

**edit** Just saw your post from last month asking about the Ark. The 'removed from top posts' kicks me in the butt again. We definitely have interest in making the ark happen, how do we move forward with this?

We still have time till Bukkit gets going.
    edited November 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    The 'removed from top posts' kicks me in the butt again.

This.

I just found it as well, and definitely would have said something if I had seen it. We're all willing to help. What can we do to make it happen? Will we need it in a specific location? Certain size? Let us know, we're up for it.
    edited November 2011
    Let me try that again:
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    No one offered to help with the ark idea so it is not happening at launch. We will all start fresh on the new map. The linking of the worlds will have to come later.

I asked for help... here. What would need to be done at this point to use the arc idea:
    1. Put together some sort of structure (The Arc)
    2. Figure out software tool(s) that can pull a specific chunk out of one map and put it on the other, this must include permissions for the chests involved
    3. Actually use said tool(s) to do that
    4. Put map up on server
    5. Play at will / Will probably be land grab as soon as server starts

If there is the time and willingness for the above to happen, then it shall be done. I know if is the route you guys wanted but it more seemed like everyone was like "Yeah, cool idea" but no one acted on it. I am sorry I did not have the time to make it happen.

My personal thoughts: I might as well save the efforts of 1-3 above and give everyone a stack of whatever they want, full armor and tools. We might as well have a creative server. To me this completely defeats the purpose of the game.

What is going to happen in the mean time:
    I'm going to find us a seed with a sweet spawn
    We are going to set a date to start the server when a good percentage of us can make it (1.0 Bukkit pending)
    We work together to survive the first night and build a home base
    Then we find a Stronghold, head to the end and sleigh the F-Bombing Ender Dragon! :rockon:

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Brilliant. Simply Brilliant, Digi. If you need someone else to punch trees for wood, hit me up, I'll be more than happy to take a break from LoL to work with ya :D
  • edited November 2011
    At this point though I feel like a fresh start would be more fun, I know if I brought all the things I could think of I'd go back to my hermit lifestyle and build another mountain house all to myself.

4 of us have moved into a village and made it our own, we don't have tons of resources yet, but it's been so much fun I think all of us doing something similar would be great.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I was waiting for it to be announced that the software had been figured out, and that building could begin, but at this point, I'm also okay with just starting fresh.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I will punch sheep until I have all their wool! You can count on me, I shall build you a cave to rival all others!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I agree. As cool as Mount Icrontic, the Lighthouse and my house in the Icrontic Town and wilderness are I am definitely ok with starting fresh since there are a ton of updates to 1.0. Let me know when and where and I'm there. I was there for the layout of Icrontic Town from the very beginning and would love to see it happen again with all the new stuff.
    edited November 2011
    I think a new start would also ease on the shock factor, logged onto the Icrontic server when I grabbed my copy and there was just SO much that I had no idea what to do, just ended up staring in awe for a minute before making a solo world.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'm all for a new world as well... When I got into the IC server I was too scared to touch anything... that doesn't mean I didn't get slaughtered in someone's livestock-lava-killing-machine though...

Damn, ICMC server, you dangerous!!!
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I like starting fresh and helping shape a server, instead of having to just build my piddling little structure off to the side.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I am up for clean slate.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Uhm... woah woah woah.... moving permissions on the chests over from the old map to the new one is going to be nigh impossible unless we have someone with much better MySQL chops than I have. The LWC (and LogBlock) data is all stored in MySQL as bukkit doesn't offer any way to store that sort of data. As it is, I'm going to have to wipe out the LogBlock and LWC database tables when we start the new world to avoid unintended consequences. Trying to splice back in the relevant protection data and make it match up with wherever we edit the "ark" into the map would involve a lot of time (and probably frustration) which I don't have.
    edited November 2011
    Yeah Ardi I should have been in contact with you sooner. Sorry for not keeping you up to speed. Resolution below...

At this point what I see happening is:

1. Those of you who want to 'Ark' should designate an area, setup (at most) a large chest each and put a sign above it to tell me who's it is. Do this soon, we do not know when the map switch will take place at this point. I will give as much notice as possible so you can finalize your chests contents.
    3. Shortly before we start a new map I will go on and screenshot your ark chests
    2. We will start a new map as soon as possible, the 'ark' will not be there at start.
    3. We strive, as a group, to kill the Dragon. Legit.
    4. Once the new map has settled I will manually reconstruct the ark, chests and their contents.

On the new server we will be working together to craft a map that is Awesome and Inviting to new users. Don't expect to land grab as soon as we start the map. I'm still tossing around a few ideas on how to handle land management. To start we will focus on an awe inspiring strong hold around spawn.

-Digi
    edited November 2011
    As far as land management goes... Might I suggest modeling it after a feudal town?

Basically, have a big public works style castle whose courtyard is the spawn point. Then have plots of land surrounding that given out to the players (with maybe a public works thoroughfare that runs up to the castle gates). I'd suggest enforcing a building code on these parcels (such as not building higher than the castle walls, not making dicks, etc.). State flat out that everyone gets 1 parcel and if we run out we will annex more land to create more parcels, so make sure when you start building your non-ICtown structure you do it plenty far away.

I know we will probably want to build a rail system, so perhaps just have one line running from the castle, under the thoroughfare, a good distance away from the feudal town (ie - far enough that it shouldn't ever collide with annexes for the town) where we will build the new Grand Central Station.
    edited November 2011
    I love the feudal town idea adri!
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, the feudal town idea sounds great, I'm behind that and would love to help out.
    edited November 2011
    I found a video on how to make a functioning portcullis so we could also do that, I personally like the idea of a castle town.

I CALL THE BLACKSMITH!!!
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited November 2011
    Honestly I don't think we need the arc anymore. After playing from scratch again with Moustache and Lonestar, it's a ton of fun, and no hand-outs are needed at all, in fact I might dare to say it's more fun without them. And besides, if we are planning to eventually link our new world with our current one, that in itself will give us access to all the old world's chests if we choose to revisit them.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    As long as I get to build my highly-improbable tower.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    As far as land management goes... Might I suggest modeling it after a feudal town?

Basically, have a big public works style castle whose courtyard is the spawn point. Then have plots of land surrounding that given out to the players (with maybe a public works thoroughfare that runs up to the castle gates). I'd suggest enforcing a building code on these parcels (such as not building higher than the castle walls, not making dicks, etc.). State flat out that everyone gets 1 parcel and if we run out we will annex more land to create more parcels, so make sure when you start building your non-ICtown structure you do it plenty far away.

I know we will probably want to build a rail system, so perhaps just have one line running from the castle, under the thoroughfare, a good distance away from the feudal town (ie - far enough that it shouldn't ever collide with annexes for the town) where we will build the new Grand Central Station.

Does the building code include structural style or just dimensions?
    edited November 2011
    I Like the feudal town idea. I'm imagining a castle with many equal sized rooms, assigned to builders, a new Icrontic town of smaller plots the and plots surrounding it. Bigger plots beyond those and out.
    Does the building code include structural style or just dimensions?

Depending on where it is built. If it's within the castle it will probably just be limited bu height. On the plots outside the castle, you can do what ever you want within the normal rules.

I think I will draw up what I am thinkin. I'll post it when I do.

-Digi
    edited November 2011
    Digi where are we making the ark area for those of us that want to take stuff to the next server?
    edited November 2011
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    Digi where are we making the ark area for those of us that want to take stuff to the next server?

Has not been chosen yet as far as I know. It matters not to me. Pick an open place that is easily accessible and build a warehouse. Then just throw the coords in this thread so we don't end up with multiple places.

-Digi
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited November 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Has not been chosen yet as far as I know. It matters not to me. Pick an open place that is easily accessible and build a warehouse. Then just throw the coords in this thread so we don't end up with multiple places.

-Digi

That flat area we were going to use for the new spawn would probably work, neither travel there is simple enough.
    edited November 2011
    Chemriof wrote:
    That flat area we were going to use for the new spawn would probably work, neither travel there is simple enough.

That was before we decided on generating a new map. That flat area that was going to be new spawn will no longer exist.