Minecraft 1.0.0

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    That was before we decided on generating a new map. That flat area that was going to be new spawn will no longer exist.

He was referring to a possible location of the "Ark" on the current map that will eventually be copied over to the new map by myself.

-Digi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    That was before we decided on generating a new map. That flat area that was going to be new spawn will no longer exist.

Pretty sure he is talking about where they are going to build the "ark" aka drug warehouse.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'd love to help out. How do I get whitelisted?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    He was referring to a possible location of the "Ark" on the current map that will eventually be copied over to the new map by myself.

-Digi

Oops. My badposting habit is acting up.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone. Ryokyo and I have made an area for those of us that want to take a few items into the next world (Ark Carry Over). Here are the coords. X 239, Y 71.6, Z203, Its located at the mine cart hub right next to the IC main town that goes to Grand Central. Remember just make a large chest put the stuff in it that you want to take to the next world and don't forget to put a sign above it with your name on it. Digi knows the location as well to prevent confusion.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Thinking about popping in to my old fortress-in-progress and grabbing some stuff to potentially carry over.

What version do I need to be on at this point? I updated to 1.0 already.
    edited December 2011
    Server is still running the beta 1.8.1 version as bukkit has not completed their Gold release yet.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited December 2011
    Will we be updating the old server to 1.0 before the chance is over with to add items to these transfer chests for the new world? I mean, I'm okay to wait until the server has updated to 1.0 to log back in, gather my stuff to transfer, and put in these chests BEFORE any chests are taken to the brand new world we're planning? I wont 'miss out?'

I'd rather wait and do that if possible, rather than have to find an old 1.8.1 jar, downgrade, lose all of my meaningless (but earned dammit!) achievements which tends to happen when swapping jars, re-upgrade... Granted, it's not that big of a hassle, but I'd still prefer to avoid it if I can.
    edited December 2011
    I have access to a 1.8 if you need it
    edited December 2011
    So I was thinking about this over the weekend. There are some considerations we'll have to address once the new world goes live:

Ranching - Passive MOBs spawn once. After you've killed all the animals in a chunk, the only way to get more is if some wander in from another chunk, or you breed some. I'd like to see an area near/within the castle gates that have Sheep, Pig, Chicken, and Cow farms to keep a consistent food/leather/feather/wool supply for ICTown. Bonus points for segregating the sheep farms by color so we can harvest colors without needing to find dyes.

Farming - Breeding works best with wheat. Also, bread is easy to make and stacks well for long-term exploration. Additionally, pumpkins and melons (when seeds are found in dungeon chests) can be grown in the same areas. I've also seen some water and piston manipulated automated melon/pumpkin farms which are pretty neat.

Mining - Diamonds are REALLY rare in 1.9+. Much moreso than in previous versions. In my SP world, I have several mineshafts and caves that have been 100% exploited (including a massive ravine complex that took me more than a week to get through) and I've managed to come up with 6 diamonds. This isn't so much for group management, but as a note for individuals.
    edited December 2011
    Quick update: Bukkit is ready!

The almighty Ardi will be installing when he has some time to do so. Our current world should then be available in the current build 1.0.1. Once that looks good I will work with Ardi to set a time/date when we can do the fresh start. I've got a couple of seeds that look promising.

As for ADG's thought's above, I completely agree. IMO a centralized farm would benefit everyone. I would like to see everyone put their efforts towards a centralized home (place to sleep, mine, farm, ect...) at least at first and that will be the goal the first night. Those who want to go off an do their own thing will have their chance once we have settled Camp Icrontic.

Exciting stuff coming guys!

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Woot, looking forward to getting back into this game once the server is updated, terraria has gotten me waaaaaaaaay excited to start playing this on a regular basis again.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I wish I knew when people were actually on the server...I see little to no point in logging on when there's nobody else online.
    edited December 2011
    I actually kind of like exploring around when nobody else is there and checking out what people have come up with while I was gone.
    edited December 2011
    This is going to be awesome!
    edited December 2011
    Alright, I just wanted to post an update here for the curious. I know everyone is excited about getting 1.0 on the server, I am too. It's not going to be a simple upgrade though. Every plugin on the server needs to be updated, and I have to replace the permissions plugin with something else as it is no longer developed and won't work anymore. For these reasons, I will not be able to update the server until this weekend when I actually have some free time to spend on this.

Keep an eye on the changelog (stickied at the top of the Minecraft forum) as I will post the changes there once they are complete.

Oh, and one last note, the teleport plugin is going away temporarily when the upgrade is done. The current version of the plugin is somewhat old and apparently doesn't work properly with 1.0 yet. The developer has posted that he's working on updating it, so it should be coming back once he releases a working version.
    edited December 2011
    ^5 Ardichoke. Thank you for the update. With upgrade this weekend, and then Christmas and New Years the next two weekends, looks like we are probably looking at early to mid January for the restart.

Just a note on the TP plugin, Admins will have TP when it is available. I will gauge if builders need it as we go along based on how well MineCarts and Nether travel work out.

-Digi
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ardi!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    The land rush is almost here!
    edited December 2011
    Zanthian wrote:
    The land rush is almost here!

FALSE

dwight-schrute.jpg

We will work together to build the new Icrontia. There will be no land grabs.

-Digi
    edited December 2011
    Anytime I see anything "The Office" related, I always think of Kevin:

The-Office-Kevin-counting-69-e1317987492713.jpg
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    We should make The Office out of Minecraft.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    FALSE

We will work together to build the new Icrontia. There will be no land grabs.

-Digi

I don't think it's something we'll be able to avoid. People will want to build things, and they will want control over the land they build it on.
    edited December 2011
    CB wrote:
    I don't think it's something we'll be able to avoid. People will want to build things, and they will want control over the land they build it on.

Perhaps, but still, the land grab is not almost here. I'm upgrading the server, but the world reset won't be until after New Years (most likely). Until then, we will have a 1.0.1 server running with the current world.
    edited December 2011
    CB wrote:

People will want to build things, yes. They will want control over the land they build on, yes. Does this have to require a land rush? no. Can and will it be done in an organized manner with assigned predetermined land plots? yes.

-Digi
    edited December 2011
    I imagine he is referring to the fortresses far off, not the ICastle plots, but you may have plans for that, too.
    edited December 2011
    We are now on Version 1.0.1, still the current world.

Do to some syntax issues on conversion, some Build Listed players may have been removed. If you had build perms and can not build, shoot me a PM so I can fix ya up.

-Digi
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. I don't think we ever had an issue with someone taking the time to strike off on their own to build/farm/whatever out into the wilderness.

What we don't want is people scrambling for plots in ICTown central and building massive dicks.

Digi, have we started building a schematic for ICTown, laying out farming, grinding areas, etc?
    edited December 2011
    Digi, have we started building a schematic for ICTown, laying out farming, grinding areas, etc?

In my head yes. Will post a schematic when I can.

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    So the estimated time of launch is like...mid-January, right?

Will we all be gathering together in Vent while this is going on?

And would someone be willing to message me on STEAM when this is about to happen? Just in case I have some kind of massive brain fart and forget (because my brain forgets things like this).