[BLOG] Games

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Gaming the Final Frontier! The one aspect that can hold a mans attention that doesn't have boobs. yet the Men in charge of the gamin companies choose to charge an outrageous amount for games. They know better! I mean come on L4D is 49.99 on steam I refuse to pay 50 bucks of my hard earned cash on a game especially with this economic situation. I have bills and a kid to take care of. NOW id pay 35 no doubt and tons more people would but 50? thanks for sticking it too the little guy! I mean i know of at least 10 people who will buy the game at 35 but refuse to pay 50 So if they would drop the price to 35 imagine how many more copy's they would sell? Just me blowing off steam ( no pun intended ) Its just money is tight on everybody but the game companies still gotta screw us over

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    I have bills and a kid to take care of

So do game developers and their employees.

Wait 6-8 months, it'll be $35 and you can buy it. If they could make more money by launching at $35 they would do so. Hardware, software, whatever: Launch high to recoup costs ASAP, then lower the price as demand drops.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    If you checked gaming.icrontic.com, you would have seen this-

http://gaming.icrontic.com/news/black-friday-deals-at-gogamercom

Gogamer.com had L4D for $34.50 on black friday. I'm not quite sure if that offer still stands, but I would suggest you get over there and look!!

Beyond that, part of the reason why games are so expensive is because gamers continue to buy them. The video game industry is larger than tv, movie, radio, or magazines now, and it's one of the few industries that is still growing besides the economic downturn. (Or at least it is so far) The price clearly isn't a detraction, so why bring it down? Besides, I'm surprised that you're accusing Valve of being greedy considering how generous they often are to gamers- see The Orange Box, which for only $50 you get like five games, or the L4D deal which allowed you to get the game for only $37 if you bought it with four friends. I'm a big Valve fan, myself.

Games ARE expensive, but there often seems to be good reason for it. You can also do what mason has suggested, and just wait a few months. :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    $50 for hours upon hours upon hours of fun is pretty dirt cheap to me.

NFL Football game costs over $100, and its done in 4 hours

Concerts cost anywhere from $25-$1000 and they're done in 2/3 hours.

And have you gone to a club/bar lately thats playing live music? I'm not even gonna go into strip clubs...

$50 is a good bargain for a good game. Just look at TF2, Half-Life, and any Blizzard game.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I'm not even gonna go into strip clubs...
    I'm proud of you fatcat.

But anyways, at least recognize that $50 is a good ten bucks cheaper than most new releases on console. Also you could be cool and pre-order like me for a cool $45.

You have valid complaints sir! The high price of games is what usually makes me do my research and find what game is can't miss and what game is bargain bin material months down the road.

In other words if you don't got the dough, you must have the know.