[BLOG] Switched from 7 to vista and back again!

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Well I switched from 7 to vista last night to try something, it didn't work and I just couldn't stand how clunky Vista felt to 7. It was slow things just didn't work and I was truly disgusted! So i installed 7 this morning and am truly amazed at how this beta is better than a final version of a OS that's been out for two years

Comments

• I hear ya man. It's a huge difference. It's even noticeable when you just browse the internet. Win7 for the win.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    Haven't used Vista too much TBH, but I am liking it more than XP already. My only complaints are all based on the computer sleeping, I can't seem to set my standby/hibernate options, such as closing my lid puts it to sleep(even though I've changed the option many times but applying the setting doesn't actually do it). But also when it sleeps it doesn't come back, it'll turn on but not responsive and no screen ever. It doesn't do that in XP but it hasn't bothered me enough to look into it, I just shut down anytime I go away for a bit.

Other than that though it seems well polished and so much the few things I've installed have had no problems. EvE Online, Firefox, uTorrent. The media player plays all movies I have so no codecs yet. "It just works"

OHH!! But I gotta admit I am digging IE8, or was... I just don't trust it yet. You guys think it's any good? I've not read a thing yet on it, been kinda under a rock ;)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    IE??/ Naaaa I still use Firefox
  • I'm bouncing back and forth on IE8 and firefox. Maybe I'm wrong but IE8 seems faster than Firefox. The only thing that is annoying me on IE8 is I keep hitting the delete button in my browser history. I may just switch over to IE8.