[BLOG] A kiss in the rain

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
This has been the best night thus far. It started out normal enough, in that I absolutely did not want to go. I'm tired and grumpy, lonely, and generally in a bad mood. My stomach was bothering me a bit, and I was pretty much ready for bed.

After I bitched and moaned a bit, I just said "**** it" and got my jacket on and left.

Every night I take a different route so I don't get bored; tonight I chose to walk right out of my driveway instead of left, and that led me on a grand tour of the main roads (normally I walk through the neighborhood).

This time there were people around; the regional restaurant warehouse near me was hopping with trucks and loaders and stuff. People were piled in to the Burger King drive-thru. The 24 hour CVS was busy. I got some odd looks: Why would you be walking around, you dumbass? It's freezing cold.

Yeah, yeah. Onward I trudged.

I was lost in reverie when I looked up and realized that a mile had gone by already. I couldn't believe it. Yesterday, by the one mile mark, I was exhausted and beginning to doubt not only my sanity, but my ability to actually walk back. Today I didn't even notice; my legs didn't hurt, my back didn't hurt, I wasn't breathing like a dying elephant, and I wasn't talking to myself.

For a moment my resolve wavered and I thought, "I should be dying right about now," but I wasn't. Shrugging, I kept on.

By 1.5 miles, I was feeling really good.

It's a funny thing, walking through the neighborhood you sorta grew up in. I walked by an old friends' parents house, and that led me down a chain of memories that led me to the motivational moment of the evening.

Tonight, it wasn't a sexual fantasy that drove me on, it was a romantic one. I'm going to tell you about my first kiss with Jenny, when I was 16.

Jenny was my second girlfriend in high school. She was a very cute, petite blonde, and I was totally hot for her. She was the best flute player in our high school band, and I was a bass player. I was in a garage band at the time, and since we were recording tracks in a studio, I had a brilliant idea. Suddenly, I found myself convincing my bandmates that we needed a flute track on one of our songs.

There were wranglings and shenanigans. I'll spare you; suffice to say after the studio her and I ended up back at my house, on my back porch talking until 2 in the morning. It was in the spring, warm, and it was absolutely pouring rain.

Neither of us wanted the night to end, but she had to go home or face the wrath of her parents. I walked her to her car, then we stopped in front of her door and faced each other, in that awkward teenager way, neither of us sure of what to do next.

The rain was intense, and lightning and thunder boomed all around us. She being shorter than me, she stared up at me, raindrops dripping from her lashes. Finally we moved in for the long hug. We started to pull away, but we couldn't break contact. I continued to stare into her gorgeous eyes.

"You are so beautiful. I could kiss you right now," I began to say, even as our lips locked in the most romantic, sweet, and achingly wonderful kiss I've ever had.

Songs burst into my head, I felt the world spinning around us, the rain drenching our locked forms, even as the lightning and thunder continued on. I will never forget it.

Anyways, that was the memory that drove me on. I want that again. I want a sweet, agonizing, wonderful, beautiful, intensely romantic moment like that again, and I won't get it while I'm in this shape.

So onward I march.

KissInTheRain.jpg

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    Sounds like your body is adjusting to the whole thing. You'll get what you want if you make it happen; just keep on pushing. ^5
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    Damn, I had a moment sort of like that last year. Walking a good friend home from a party in the rain and then kissed. But wasn't quite as grandiose since we'd previously kissed.

I never have hollywood moments.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    The first thing that can to my mind when I read the post title:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Naked_in_the_Rain/7583435

Dangit, fell asleep before this post hit. I konked out kinda early last night.

This is great progress. Now don't expect to have every day from here on out be perfect, some days you're on, some day's you're not. It's an odd thing, really. But if it does in fact continue to be easy without pain and struggle, then that's definitely the cue to step it up. Just don't get cocky and step up TOO much, that hurst. A lot.

Are you drinking more water? I drink tons of water, rather constantly through the day. Keep a filled waterbottle with you, and just drink away at it. It definitely helps you in the physical parts of your day.

Keep on walkin' man.