[BLOG] The Pied Piper, Drunk Dials, and Pigtails

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I walked only 2 miles tonight, but I upped the intensity (walked faster, harder, whatever you want to call it).

I am definitely going to have to figure out wtf is up with my diet; every night during my walk I am having some sort of gas pains or cramping. For once, I'll actually ask for advice: Being that my "workout" time is 1:30am or so, what/when should I eat for the last meal before I work out?

I received several drunken texts from a friend of mine whose name rhymes with SiberiusMazarus. I'll say no more, except that they helped keep me entertained and distracted while I tromped through the frigid cold.

Speaking of which, when will it get warmer? It's so damned cold out.

At mile 1.5, ANOTHER CAT STARTED FOLLOWING ME. This one was all black, not like the one that I have now adopted. This one didn't seem as intent as yesterdays, and soon trailed off after better prey. I started wondering if I had tuna fish smell, or cat pheromone on me somewhere, or something equally bizarre.

Anyways, on to the thought that warmed my cold journey.

Tonight I paid mental homage to the one hairstyle a woman can choose that basically says "I'm ready for sex", the venerable pigtails.

pigtails1.jpg

The braided pigtails are nice, but my personal favorite are the "big curly hair" pigtails. My brotha Thrax knows what I mean.

pigtails2.jpg

For all your crazy sexy girls who put your hair up into pigtails for sexytime, I commend you, I applaud you, and I cannot wait to help you do your hair :rarr:

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    lawl SiberiusMazarus. I see New Amsterdam treated him well this night.

On diet: Perhaps it's not so much what you ate, but when you ate. When I run I get bad cramps rather regularly, and I've been trying to narrow it's source down for awhile. I'm almost certain it has more to do with when I ate rather than what. My daily routine typically consists of lunch around 11:3o, and then running at 1:30. I try to give my stomach at least 2 hours to settle (with the exception of drinking water the whole time). This usually solves to problem for me, but I guess the results are hardly conclusive.

And since you walk at around 1am, you probably haven't eaten for quite awhile - disproving my theory altogether.

But I know what you mean, and it absolutely sucks. I typically try to run through the pain, but it always effects my performance, and I've even had to bail out of some runs because of how bad it sucks.

Glad to see you're upping intensity. Keep at that. And keep a kitteh.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    keep a kitteh.
    You shut your face! :rant:
  • MochanMochan Philippines
    I don't think your diet is the problem here, Prime. Assuming you ate dinner at like 10am that's more than enough time for you to not have cramps or gas pains by the time you start walking. Your body is probably still just adjusting to all the walking you are doing. Just keep at it and it will get better
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I think the last thing I ate last night was around 10:30 or 11pm, then I walked at 2am
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    This post is highly relevant to my interests.
  • Sounds like your run of the mill cramps. You could try not drinking anything an hour or so before your walk. If you are bringing a bottle of water with you, I'd leave it at home.

Walking also uses a lot of your core muscles. You may have pulled an abdominal muscle or one of those anoying muscles around your ribs, which acts up during your walk. I know I ran into a similar problem playing tennis. It would creep up on me after about 30 to 40 minutes in. I know it stopped happening after a few weeks. Not a Dr. or anything, but I'd say push on.

The one in red gets my vote for the best picture to date.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I would also like to file a notice of kink infringement for this post.