[BLOG] Grooveshark rocking my morning

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Having forgotten my jump drive at home with the albums I wanted to listen to today, I was in an audio funk. Snarkasm recommended Grooveshark to fill the void. I have no idea if this service is legit or where they're streaming this music from, but it strikes me as nothing but upside for everyone. I get to listen to the music I want to, and I find new stuff along the way.

For instance, I wanted to listen to Rusted Roots' Remember. Instead, I stumbled into their album When I Woke. I instantly said "wow! I forgot about this album!" and it's immediately at the top of my iTunes to-buy list. I get to rock out to full albums, Grooveshark gets traffic to display its ads, and Rusted Root and their label, Polygram, just banked a sale.

As an aside, Grooveshark also features a pretty darn slick UI that requires zero thinking to use. I went from homepage to grooving in about 30 seconds. The stream is quality too; working in a place where iTunes radio frequently buffers, I appreciate that so far I've had no issues with the consistency of the signal.

Awesomesauce all around.

Update: Thrax points out his November news post on Grooveshark. Sometimes it takes necessity for you to listen.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    <object width="250" height="40"> <param name="movie" value="http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf"></param&gt; <param name="wmode" value="window"></param> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param> <param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=7490630&style=metal&p=0"></param> <embed src="http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="40" flashvars="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=7490630&style=metal&p=0" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="window"></embed></object>

Best White Stripes song ever! Thanks Grooveshark.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    John The Revelator is also a cover of an old blues song. Great cover though!
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    I'm still more of a fan of Lala for several reasons, including that I know the artisits are getting paid. Either way, sites like these are the future of the music business IMO.