[BLOG] Friends with benefits

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
First, the boring stuff:

I did not drink enough water today. I paid the price on my walk; intense muscle pain in the calves. Yippee.

However, I was feeling quite energetic when I left the house. I just felt like running, so I did. I didn't run far, but I ran.

Then I saw him. The skunk. Now, avid reader, as you know, I have only seen a live skunk two times in my life. Both of them were about what you would expect for a skunk, size-wise.

This one was a ****ing huge monster skunk. I did not know they got that big. Before you ask—yes, I am positive it was a skunk. You cannot mistake a skunk. At first I thought it was a beaver or something (certainly rare, but not unheard of around here), because it couldn't possibly have been a skunk at that size. Of course, black and white beavers with huge bushy tails are unheard of. He was crossing the street, coming towards me and then froze when he saw me. His tail went up like a ****ing peacock and then I froze. I do not want to get into that situation, ever. He waddled away from me as fast as his fat ass could go, and made it into the shadows between houses. I turned around and crossed the street, to get as far away from him as possible and continued my trek. I just wanted to see my rabbits, and I knew everything would be okay.

Here's the thought that kept me going tonight: friends with benefits. **** buddies. I think every non-committed person should have one.

It's really an ideal relationship, if you can find it. No hurt feelings, no crazy entanglements, no emotional cock-ups. Just friends, someone you can goof off with, see once in a while, get a drink, and have crazy awesome sex with.

It would be great to have that with someone; to be able to laugh about it, joke about it, and generally have fun with the whole thing. If things got really hot and you really were friends, maybe it could even be a turn-on to hear about their adventures with others.

I know I make it sound so ideal; perhaps part of my idealization of that relationship comes from having been married for so long and having been hurt so bad; you can psychoanalyze all you want (and some will, I'm sure), but that's okay; I've never tried this side of things, I've never had a ****buddy, and I want to. Variety is the spice of life, right?

I would actually like to hear from those who have had friends with benefits before. How did it work out?

If, on the other hand, you want to offer up your opinion of how I'm wrong and I'm a dick, please spare us all. I don't think those people would be reading this blog anyway.

(PS: I'm currently accepting applications)

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    Friends with benefits ended in probably the worst pain and heartbreak ever. Sorry. Maybe you could make it work; I was really young at the time.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    A friend of mine had a bed buddy... she came over once or twice a week and left an hour or so later. They claimed it was working out with a friend (or working out a friend).

They both found someone after almost a year and the "bed buddy" thing didn't stop right away until one of them (not sure which) began the physical side with their new partner. Seemed to work out for them... I was jealous of them... she was hot and, from the stories, she'd try anything twice and I mean ANYTHING.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Never seen FwB work for anything longer than a couple months. Not that I've had FwB. I've only observed others.

And since you brought it up, I think it's great that you're making changes in your life to be fitter, happier and more productive, but I'm concerned that you'll end up hurt (or worse) by placing such an emphasis on sexual fantasy. I'm only concerned because I care. And that's all I'll say.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I had two. Neither worked out. They would always add an emotional element into the mix, even after we agreed it was going to be purely physical. One told me that I should have told her I loved her because we were now having sex, which meant we were in love. So I did what any self-respecting man would do- I got the **** out of Dodge.

On a side note, thanks for chatting with me last night. I felt a ton better. Unfortunately I was so over-tired I didn't conk out until around 4:30.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I've had a few friends that have had FWBs. I've been the one to clean up their shitstorm of drama. It doesn't work.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Just for historical purposes:

It worked. Fantastically well.