The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    http://icrontic.com/categories/members-only

A subforum linked beneath the off-topic section.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Well guys I dig it for the most part, but mainly because I respect the amount of work put in to it. Great work, I love the dedication.
    Is the members only category gone or am I just too tarded to find it?
    Discussion Categories>General Banter child categories>members only

http://icrontic.com/categories/members-only
  • Trader Ratings and Completed Trades are showing up as child categories of Folding@Home as well as the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

Is there a way to re-follow a category that you unfollowed?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    Im sure this is on the check just, but just in case ;)

- Sub pages such as /about or /history do no show properly (looks like a float isn't being cleared or something)
    - Search is dead

Considering everything that was moved over I'd say things went well!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Oh XD this already exists... I set up my own cause I didn't know if we had one or not.

Also I've noticed a problem with some of the quotes not appearing properly (Like with the /Quote still being visible and some of the text being moved around strangely)

Also, still Icrontic's resident mage.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    What about signatures?
    Those are never coming back.

Bless you, @primesuspect and @lincoln. Bless you so hard.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    On the mobile theme, the reply and sign in buttons are nearly on top of each other. I'm using Android's stock browser.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I'm probably missing something really obvious, but how do I get into WordPress?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Gotta say, really enjoying the little popup windows informing me of thread updates.

Oh! I also really like the bookmarked threads section, my first problem with the new software was that surfing was a little awkward but now that I can find all of my favourite threads just by looking at the sidebar it's actually simpler than before!

Perhaps the new software isn't as much a sign of the apocalypse as I thought.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Is there a way to re-follow a category that you unfollowed?
    Yes, go to the Categories tab, then see "Category Management" in the sidebar.

Should be at the same spot, just minus the subdomain: http://icrontic.com/wp-admin/

It's possible Brian hasn't given out permissions again yet. All permissions got reset during the migration so I fixed the forum and he's responsible for WordPress :p
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    Well this is indeed a surprise to log into this morning.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Loving the new setup. The one thing I can't figure out right now is how to get to the first new item in a discussion I've got bookmarked. I only see links on the name of the thread and the people involved (poster and last-commented).
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    I was on the fence before about converting my own forum over. This settles it, I really like this software from a user perspective. Now I just have to debate on starting things from scratch or trying to do a data migration from webwiz to this. I'm leaning towards clean slate with reference to the old locked forum. It's a good time to do a user clean-up also.
    The one thing I can't figure out right now is how to get to the first new item in a discussion I've got bookmarked.
    This is a bug. The link should always jump you to the newest comment you haven't read. It looks like it's only working on single-page discussions. I probably goofed our theme.
    It looks like the individual post anchor's not getting placed properly, or it's not getting fed to the browser to see to skip to. I see the anchor for the item number called out in the URL linked, but it just doesn't go there.

No biggie, just something I noticed.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Should be at the same spot, just minus the subdomain: http://icrontic.com/wp-admin/

It's possible Brian hasn't given out permissions again yet. All permissions got reset during the migration so I fixed the forum and he's responsible for WordPress :p
    Yeah, that could be. Tried going to the wp-admin page and it asks for my login, then dumps me to the main site page when my credentials are entered.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    What's up with the black box next to the logo at the top? image

Also, what does the number next to the username signify? Edit: realized the number is for amount of 'notifications'. What does a notification mean?

Also, also, why list a person's roles under their username? Are there going to be more roles? What determines if someone is a 'gamer'?

Don't mind me, just asking because I can.
  • Pretty sure the black box is where the ads go (but you're a supporter so you don't see ads)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Heh, they should make the black box say something like "Thank you for supporting Icrontic. We love you <3" if you're a supporter..
    Heh, they should make the black box say something like "Thank you for supporting Icrontic. We love you <3" if you're a supporter..</p>
    I will as soon as there's a way to become a supported again. :) It's closed until I finish that part (very soon).
    edited December 2011
    What's up with the black box next to the logo at the top?
    I was lazy and didn't finish the ad placements. :D
    What does a notification mean?
    A notification is the things on your main profile tab: someone replied to your discussion or bookmark, someone messaged you, etc. That number clears after you view your notifications list on your profile.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    FWIW the notifications don't clear merely by going to the page. You have to click on the notification tab on that page to reset the counter.
  • Actually, from what I've observed you need to click on the number specifically to get it to go away.
  • Editing a post? Or am I just not seeing it when viewing a thread?
    Editing a post? Or am I just not seeing it when viewing a thread?
    I see it on mine.
    I see it on mine.
    OK, I probably should just be patient as the permissions are given back. Thanks!
    I see it on mine.
    OK, I probably should just be patient as the permissions are given back. Thanks!
    I also don't have edit perms, not too big of a deal.

One recommendation: the navigation is going to be so much easier if we have pagination on the top and bottom of posts.

One general observation: everything loads lightning fast now, holy crap.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Pagination fixes will be coming soon. He's working his little fingers off :)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Brian, make sure he get's enough food and dring, and make sure he goes to bed. Wouldn't want our little smithy to wear himself out would we?