The Icrontic switch to Vanilla forums

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Community

Comments

• JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    Impressive, sir. You're kind of incredible.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    When Matt stands up at his computer, hold on to your butts.
  • Or he'll do it for you.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, I can't imagine the number of coding hours that had to go into this. Gotta feel good to see it actually come to life.
  • Matt you are fucking crazy, and so amazing!!! :) Congrats on getting this project off the ground~
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Congratulations Linc. You're the man.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Congrats man, and thanks! I know you've been working hard on this, and now it'll finally pay off!
  • When Matt stands up at his computer, hold on to your butts.
    Especially when he does it so ardichoke can sit down... to deploy max sed-fu
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Other than some minor stuff, what appears here looks good. VERY good. The minor stuff has already been mentioned for the most part, will leave well enough alone. :D
  • Can we make the new Icrontic look EXACTLY like the old one, but run on this new Vanilla stuff?
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    This is odd. But perhaps I'll get used to it like I did with Reddit.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Tim's status as guest made me lol.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Can we make the new Icrontic look EXACTLY like the old one, but run on this new Vanilla stuff?
    Yep! We'll get right on it.

• Oh sh--- Tim is posting from the future somehow. That's amusing considering he lives in the past.
    (Wordpress comments are afflicted by the timestamp bug)
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Montreal Member
    I think this draft autosaving feature exposes some SERIOUS privacy concerns. I don't know where these drafts are being saved, or how they are secured, and I find it very disconcerting that the, probably corrupt, administration can likely read my posts before I have decided to even send them.

Please remove this functionality immediately.
  • Can't tell if serious... or just stupid troll.
  • This goes without saying, but I will say it anyway: switching from vBulletin to Vanilla makes Icrontic feel new. From the notification popups to the clean navigation, this is an amazing transformation.

Thank you for your years of dedication and hard work, Lincoln.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @ardichoke That Tim is one of the Vanilla devs. He is wearing his finest trollface.

@GHoosdum Cheers :)
  • Well, I guess that's better than someone actually being that dense.
  • @Lincoln Did you implement the Networks feature in WordPress (the one that replaced WordPressMU) in order to share codebase, or did you do something custom for that? Also, does Vanilla have a similar feature that you implemented?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    @Lincoln Did you implement the Networks feature in WordPress (the one that replaced WordPressMU) in order to share codebase, or did you do something custom for that? Also, does Vanilla have a similar feature that you implemented?
    You mean for the integration? I rolled my own. It basically bootstraps Vanilla into WordPress. I can code in my WordPress template as if I were writing a Vanilla plugin. We no longer use WordPress MU or its offshoot functionality.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Are you going back to the 3 "tabs" on the articles "front page"?

No. The content stream has been unified.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

That makes me a sad panda somewhat. Does that mean we'll have no way of determining what type of article is for what? I liked the ability to tell them apart outside the forums.

That makes me a sad panda somewhat. Does that mean we'll have no way of determining what type of article is for what? I liked the ability to tell them apart outside the forums.
    Dustin, EVERYTHING we do makes you a sad panda :p

• LINLIN Tri_State Area
    Blown away, I am.

Dustin, EVERYTHING we do makes you a sad panda :p
    It's possible. I just like customization/tailoring to my personal preferences. It's why I've stuck with reddit.

Maybe with time I'll get over it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I can see what type of article it is from looking on the right side where it has the classification. Right by the time of last posting.

I can see what type of article it is from looking on the right side where it has the classification. Right by the time of last posting.
    On the home page? That's what I'm talking about.