The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I'm open for deleting all my bookmarks...
  • Same. I haven't really found a use for why to use them yet.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Heh. What do you do when you have 1303 pages instead of 14?

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Heh. What do you do when you have 1303 pages instead of 14?

Click 20000 times or write a script that does it for you??? :D

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm not so good at noticing bugs but I will suggest an eventual return of a post counter and "who's in this thread".
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    The first day was fun, If I hadn't known of the change over prior, my inbox sure told me in the morning.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Done. And for Jimmy.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Done. And for Jimmy.
    Thanks Matt. And to make my stance public.

I hear by proclaim the vB to Vanilla a success and I fully support the conversion. Matt is a god of coding and I am amazed that there are no major bugs and we didn't lose anything. This speaks to the hard work and dedication to his family... ICRONTIC.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Like the dark theme, gentler on my eyes.... :D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Can I have my bookmarks cleared plz :D

-Digi
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    How do delete poast?
    @TiberiusLazarus Kinda of a bug. I believe I have a ticket filed for it.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Edit: Whoops, never mind. Good work!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It still only sometimes actually takes me to the new posts when I click a thread, but I had heard-tell this was fixed. Am I doing something wrong? I don't notice a pattern in when it does and does not work any more.

Also. Still can't find attachment button.
  • I think it depends on when you have looked at the thread. It seems to jump to the right post for me if I have already viewed the thread since the forum software upgrade, but if it is the first time the thread is bumped since vbulletin, vanilla thinks you have never seen the thread before, so it jumps you to the beginning... I think.
    It still only sometimes actually takes me to the new posts when I click a thread, but I had heard-tell this was fixed. Am I doing something wrong? I don't notice a pattern in when it does and does not work any more.

1) if the discussion has more than a single page, it will not jump

2) there is no attachment button, that's why you can't find it
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

1) if the discussion has more than a single page, it will not jump

2) there is no attachment button, that's why you can't find it
    1. That's what I noticed before, but it doesn't seem consistent anymore. Is this at top of the list of things to fix? It seems like a big usability issue, and it's honestly bugging the hell out of me.

2. Then how do we attach things?
    I'll let @lincoln answer what's at the top of his list :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Dark theme quirk: the page numbers at the bottom of threads don't change color appropriately to indicate what page you're on. They all look like active hyperlinks to me as opposed to the light gray of the normal theme.
    @Snarkasm The gray one is probably the exact same color as the background. :/
  • This thread has officially reached my TLDR threshold, so I'm sorry if these have been previously addressed.

1. The review writer and Icrontic 4 Life badge seem to need repair.

2. The pop up notifications are a great feature but they seem very fleeting. Mine pop up for a second and automaticlly disapear. Is there a way to adjust your settings so pop ups stay until I address them?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Names overlapping thread titles for people with no avatar. image
  • I take back what I said earlier - in the mobile theme, it seemed to be jumping to the latest post, but in the full site theme it is still operating as before.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Some weird $%^& is going on with some of the new articles, some of the posts aren't showing up in the discussion section but are on the actual article page.

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Some weird $%^& is going on with some of the new articles, some of the posts aren't showing up in the discussion section but are on the actual article page.

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B
    I'm seeing the same.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    It has to do with the timestamps, same bug since the move.
    No, I think this is a separate problem. @lincoln is aware of it.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    Is there a way to set category view as default? I searched but couldn't find it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Is there a way to set category view as default? I searched but couldn't find it.
    i think the answer was set your bookmark to http://icrontic.com/categories/all
    The case of the missing comments is due to our new caching interacting with the timestamp problem. I've manually fixed any out-of-sync comments (again).