War Stories and Pictures Home

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    What's this about Canti being bad karma for vehicles?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Canti is a worse jeep driver than me.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    If you are trying to get somewhere, it is faster to run than to have Canti drive you in a jeep.

Faster? Probably.
    More fun? I THINK NOT

Besides, just think how many more power poles you'll get to help kill if you ride with me.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Sucks I missed you guys yesterday. Skype took a dump on me, kept crashing when I tried to connect to calls.

Took me nearly three hours to fix it, and it still isn't stable. Apparently the latest patch nuked the program for everyone.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ah, that would explain why we couldn't play D&D last night; Skype was crashing for everyone.
    edited November 2011
    Ah, that would explain why we couldn't play D&D last night; Skype was crashing for everyone.

Yeah, practically everyone I know and game with over Skype have experienced some sort of crashing problems since Saturday. Tushon, Cherplunka, Cola, Kingpin, you, myself, AAlonz, ugh. Frigging mess. Someone at Skype effed up big.
    edited November 2011
    # Player Skill Kills Rank Score SPM W/L Ratio Time played
    Pigflippeh 420 3,429 41 1,345,260 376 1.42 59h 37m

I am a beast. Who wants to play tonight?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'm going to start with this: Baddlelog (and many things in BF3) is still pretty damn terrible.

That said, I actually had a lot of fun with BF3 this past weekend.

Canti, Cannon, BH, and I spent hours in vent/skype. Ryan and I spent many a round topping the scoreboards in tanks. Ryan driving, me gunner/repairs. BH was awesome infantry support. Canti doing his spotting thing in the MAV, keeping all three of us informed of where the enemy was/what positions were open for attack. I think we came out Ace Squad 5 times in a row.

Yesterday we had a total of 8 of us on vent playing at once. Getting us all on the same team was pretty terrible. Getting us all in the same squads was worse.

Morals of the story: 1) Seine Crossing sucks. 2) If you are trying to get somewhere, it is faster to run than to have Canti drive you in a jeep.

Hey Jimmy remember that time when we killed a tank from a jeep??

AT in a jeep > Truck = WIN!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Grrr....
    edited December 2011
    Want to do this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8m4N6OMe5_o&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edited December 2011
    I'm your huckleberry. Let's roll this weekend.
    edited December 2011
    I will be in the air, keepin ya clear of jets and other helos
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    That was the most fun I ever had in BF2. I remember several games finding another who would swap in and out of pilot/gunner for hours.
    edited December 2011
    DO IT AGAIN IN BF3 WITH US!
    edited December 2011
    I like how the AS VAL is sooooooooo damn overpowered that it shows up on that chart. Love the AS VAL, though it is seriously hampered by its rate of fire (extremely high) and its small magazine (21 rounds with one up the spout).

Also from that chart, which I find extremely interesting is this observation:
    The hitbox for headshots may possibly increase in size the longer you stand still. There were numerous moments where we were getting headshots despite aiming for the lower torso or crotch. If this is true, it is a very interesting "secret" measure developed by DICE to discourage camping.
    edited December 2011
    ...or just the hitbox catching up with the lag?
    edited December 2011
    I spy with my little eye, no less than 6 Icrontians on the top of the leaderboard (with a few just below the screen as well).

You really need to get in this game with us. Ace Squad pin 5 times tonight... we're all gunning for the medal.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29579&stc=1&d=1323676236
    edited December 2011
    We were really rockin it yesterday for a while; the difference between this game with voice com/friends and not having those things is night and day. If you are not enjoying the game, try playing with us, you will love it!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Nice 10-0 there Pigflipper.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely agree with pigflipper. Being in a squad with friends and using voice makes all the difference. Coordinating tactics, spotting incoming enemies, having people you can rely on to revive you or spawn on, etc. It makes the game much more worthwhile.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Way to invite me you dicks. :grumble:
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    They never invite me either. I just kinda muscle my way into their games. :P

Also, am I on your friends list? If not, add ScarboroghJones. I'll invite you next time I play.
    edited December 2011
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Way to invite me you dicks. :grumble:

I don't even think you were listed as 'online' last night on battlelog. Sorry man!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I can haz invite?
    edited December 2011
    So many quality movies from tonight. I'll start encoding them and uploading them for you guys. Some are really hilarious.
    edited December 2011

Video of Kenkel and I flying ;) I had to add subtitles since my voice was so quiet.

Edit: Embed did not work:
    Edit: OK, so Vanilla is way smarter than I'm used to - no more searching for embed links in YouTube! AWESOME.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    <3 Video
    I have two more videos to make - Epic tank with guided shells and the first transport chopper tanking run.

The first is Jimmy, Canti, Bobby and I rolling around firestorm killing choppers and tanks like no ones business.

The second is us flying the transport chopper around taking so much fire and living to tell stories about it.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    this helicopter video is awesome! nice.
    Great video.

Jimmy- "I don't want to be Russian. I'm stuck."
    Canti- "If you were born Russian, you'll always be Russian."

Fighting at the point under you guys towards the end of that video was so intense. What a great game.

Dangit, Two weeks until I can get home and start playing this again :/