Minecraft 1.0.0

13»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    So the estimated time of launch is like...mid-January, right?

Will we all be gathering together in Vent while this is going on?

And would someone be willing to message me on STEAM when this is about to happen? Just in case I have some kind of massive brain fart and forget (because my brain forgets things like this).
    Yes, I pushed back the new map change over for two reasons. To first make sure that the game was stable and second to get a time when most players will most likely to be able to attend (ie: After the holidays).

Vent will indeed be hosting the audio for the event.

I'll make sure Steam Announcements are sent out.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Thanks for pushing this back to after the Holidays. I want in on this, and Lord knows when I'll be able to sit at a PC and game in the next two weeks.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    We will work together to build the new Icrontia. There will be no land grabs.

-Digi
    Can we still forcibly remove the natives under authority of manifest destiny?

• We will work together to build the new Icrontia. There will be no land grabs.

-Digi
    Can we still forcibly remove the natives under authority of manifest destiny?

Obviously. They're not civilized like us. They don't count.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    They're just savages. Kill them, drive them out, it doesn't matter. It's not like they're people.

Hey, it worked for the U.S. Gov't
    I would personally like to see the Testificates kept alive (even if in cells) so that if/when they are updated to do something, we don't have to artificially regenerate them.

My current advice would be if you find a village, don't let the ones in houses out. We should build a wall around the village so that they can be let free to roam at a later time.

As always I would like everyone's opinions on this.

-Digi
    I think that's a sound rule. Having hostages could be fun, anyways.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Amnesty International and Red Cross will be in touch to ensure you abide by the Geneva Convention.... :D
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I would personally like to see the Testificates kept alive (even if in cells) so that if/when they are updated to do something, we don't have to artificially regenerate them.

My current advice would be if you find a village, don't let the ones in houses out. We should build a wall around the village so that they can be let free to roam at a later time.

As always I would like everyone's opinions on this.

-Digi
    I am all for this idea!
    Quick aside, where is the current whitelist request thread? I can't find it without a search, and the link seems to be broken.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Quick aside, where is the current whitelist request thread? I can't find it without a search, and the link seems to be broken.
    Last thing I could find through a "minecraft whitelist site:icrontic.com" search was to PM bobby.
    Yup, new builders should just PM me with how they found us and request build perms.

-Digi
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Any Update on the Date?
    We are almost to Mid Jan already.
  • edited January 2012
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    now we probably have to wait longer for bukkit again... le sigh
    We will not go back into "Waiting for X" mode. I am working on a Date and will make an official announcement when it is set and that will be that, whatever 1.x is at the time. I am sorry for the delays, I was indeed shooting for Mid Jan but Life happened and that just is not happening. I'm shooting for as early in Feb as possible.

More to come soon I promise.

Mine on!

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Bukkit has released a recommended 1.1 build. I will be updating the server sometime this weekend. Hold on to your butts.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...
  • Well... I didn't exactly handle it over the weekend, but it's updated now.