War Stories and Pictures Home

13»

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    "Roto-rape" commences after 3min in that movie.

It's weird watching video of yourself, you really learn a lot about your play after reviewing it. I was painfully unaware of proper timing with flares at the time of this video (confused with all the various lock noises) but have since learned.

It's also cool to see the quick, concise messaging back and forth between pilot and gunner - hard to say "LOL JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!" but...it kinda is. The game's way more enjoyable when you've got people who know what they're doing around you.

Agreed Lynx, overwatch is easily the best part of the squad-based gaming - Canti excels at it with his MAV. It's scary being under it with "...ahhh, Kenkel...two guys on the other side of the low wall coming toward you..."

If you aren't playing with us ingame, you're missing out!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Seriously, BF3 with Icrontic is top tier fun. It seriously SUCKS that I can't play it here at home. Having some of the most fun times gaming with IC since Minecraft or TF2 before it.

Cannon - how are you able to record your voice output in addition to the audio of everything else in that video? Of all the footage I've recorded with FRAPS over the years, the biggest issue I've had is no way to record outbound communications, which makes sense because outbound audio is not fed through the sound card to become audible. What's the trick?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Fraps gave me the option to record microphone input. Wish I'd played with it to get the volume right though.

If you thought that video was intense, you have to see the tank one. I'm upset that I messed it up last night and didn't get it uploaded...
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If the tank video is from Kirkland Sunday night (Monday night?) I demands it now.
    I think I have the view from the gunner position of that same video, come to think of it.

I've got 4 videos back in SD that I still have to encode and upload. I'm not sure my m11x can play BF3 here, but I'll try. Out of commission for a few days if it doesn't work... :(
    I have videos from karkand and firestorm. The one from karkand shows the diffidence of mav and no mav very well...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    UGGG! Do want to PLAY! But like several other people, I am without a capable machine until next week when I go home to LA.
    First of two tank videos:

edited December 2011
    Bobby, for your reference:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    JIMMEH TAKE THE WHEEEEEL!
    If the tank video is from Kirkland Sunday night (Monday night?) I demands it now.
    And here it is!

Jesus H. Christ that is some serious pwnage goin on in that video.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Tonight... Nights and I are messing around before the official start of our Wednesday BF3 session. I am in a tank, him in a jet. I have zoomed in on his jet with my main and it get closer, and closer, and BOOM, right into me. And I am just screaming... it was so funny.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    So, I meant to be there ... but then I cleaned my apartment (mostly) and went running. Sad day.
    So, I wanted to play, but then we got hit by surprise visit from the Health Department and I had to remake everything that had to be thrown out due to retarded servers...so angry I missed BF3
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I need to get FRAPS on my rig so I can capture some of these moments...
    So, went diving through my fraps recordings and found a few gems (apologies for low-def, was still playing with optimal fraps settings at the time)...

My first lesson with C4...

Repair Tool animation on player models

My thought process, captured on film