In Game Admins

boasistboasist Troy
edited December 2011 in Gaming
Just to update you all that we're working on a proper solution for this. Currently our biggest issue is the ping time when running our plugins and admin tools. So hopefully this will fade, and all will be glorious in time.

I'll start this off with in game admins. So with the help of Nights, I can get you setup and then you can kick off commands in game to switch rounds, maps, kick players, etc.

What is needed is the EXACT name you use in BF3. Once active, you'll be notified here and you should be able to execute the commands below.

Kicking / Banning
@kick [playername] [optional: reason]
  • Kicks a player from your server
  • The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu
  • Requirements: Minimum of kick privileges
@tban [playername] [time in minutes] [optional: reason]
  • Temporarily bans a player from your server for a set time in minutes
  • The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu
  • By default procon will not allow users with only temporary ban privileges to ban for longer than an hour
  • Requirements: Minimum of temporary ban privileges
@ban [playername] [optional: reason]
  • Permanently bans a player from your server
  • Requirements: Permanent ban privileges
Killing
@kill [playername] [optional: reason]
  • Kills a player
  • The reason will appear in the response and message sent to the player
  • Requirements: Minimum of kill privileges
@nuke [optional: team]
  • Kills every player in the server, or if a team is specified will kill every player on that team
  • Has a 10 seconds countdown that can be canceled with the @cancel command
  • Requirements: Minimum of kill privileges
Communication
@say [text]
  • Says [text] for everyone to see from the Server
  • Requirements: Must hold an account with procon
@psay [playername] [text]
  • Says [text] to a specific player from the Server
  • Requirements: Must hold an account with procon
Map controls
@restart [optional: timer]
  • Restarts the current map
  • If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command
  • Requirements: Must have "Use Map Functions" privileges
@nextlevel [optional: timer]
  • Forwards to the next level
  • If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command
  • Requirements: Must have "Use Map Functions" privileges
Player control
@move [playername]
  • Moves a player to another team. Swaps them in Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush and will cycle through the 4 teams in Squad Deathmatch
  • Queues the player and will move them when the next die
  • Requirements: Must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Would a PM to you or I be the best way for individuals to contact us for the password?
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    For starters this is just direct in game admin and, I've tested the commands above in the game to work good. And no password is needed for these items.

To run a shared full on RCON system, that will require a password, but it isn't ready for primetime yet.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    No password needed? Thats a BAD IDEA
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I am not really involved in this, yet, but I was going to add that what you just posted could be used by anyone who decides to find this website and then jump on our server to kick and ban people.

Not a good combo.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Did you guys read it: You have to be granted access.
    edited December 2011
    For starters this is just direct in game admin and, I've tested the commands above in the game to work good. And no password is needed for these items.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    Did you guys read it: You have to be granted access.

Precisely, as also stated, I need your EXACT name used in BF3. I thought this sent the message there is control. But let me assure you there is and our server is NOT the wild west.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    boasist wrote:
    Once active, you'll be notified here and you should be able to execute the commands below.
    edited December 2011
    Have you visited my scheduled time to play thread, Prime? It's a great example of reading comprehension.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Have you visited my scheduled time to play thread, Prime? It's a great example of reading comprehension.

That makes absolutely no sense. That thread is a terrible example of how well Prime can write cooking recipes.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to pick some from my friends list on BF3, I'll post back here with the names I've chosen. I'd then ask that you hop on the DG IC server and try a few commands out.

Thanks!
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    OK I went ahead and added NiGHTS_SD.

You should be good to hop on our server and test what you can. Let me know how it goes.

Have fun!
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    How is it going for you Nights?
    edited December 2011
    Server is almost always empty, no one plays on it :-(
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    It is sad I know. The scheduled times thread is going to have to get the admin smackdown.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    ICannonFodder

You should hop in Vent ;)
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    CannonFodder, I've added you as an admin, so on our server you can run the commands.

Sorry I missed you all last night, Was tied up when I saw this post come through. You can always PM or email me if something is critically wrong or just want to talk.
    edited December 2011
    We're having trouble running admin commands on the server, boasist.

I'm even having difficulty doing it in Pro...whatever that third party program you recommended. Perhaps we can set up a Skype call or something and you can show me proper use of the commands.

I DID, however, add as many as I could to our reserved slot listing last night...so that was a plus.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    I see your additions to the reserved list, so the changes came through. Did you send those commands through the in game chat?

Just a note though, reserved slots are not live yet. But when they are, we'll be ready. Good work.

My time may be limited in the immediate days, but get in touch with me via email and I'll get some availability.
    edited December 2011
    Ah, no, I tried sending them through the console commandline. I'll try again tonight with ingame chat only and see if it works.

Sounds good, I'll let you know. Holidays are always crazy.
    Is there a way to change to a specific map?
  • I see you issued the @nextlevel command....did that not do anything for you then? I already had granted you the map control options. Did your other commands work?
    The next level worked, but it just loads the next map in rotation. I'm curious if this can be a specific map.
  • OK good.

Full on map control will come in 2012.

:p
    Being able to select the game type would be awesome as well. Part of the rotation goes through rush maps. People usually want to play conquest... or rush... not both.

Also, as a note - we had a full server tonight.

• Roger that, I'll be getting the actual command console up and running this week.

Then you'll have the ability to edit that stuff and more via a GUI.
  • Alright @CannonFodder and @NiGHTS

I have it all nice and ready for you all now for remote management.

Go ahead and download Procon http://phogue.net/procon-frostbite

Then PM me when you have that installed, and I will give you the remote login info as well as your personal login info.

WooHoo!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Nice work... Who else is an admin? Just Cannon and Nights?
    Nice work... Who else is an admin? Just Cannon and Nights?
    I think so and I think we should leave it as only those two having full rcon. Other admins should only have force move, map change, admin say, and kick. I include myself in the "other" if I am given any type of rcon.

Maybe give full rcon (or at least ban abilities) to one or two other regulars so that we can get rid of repeat offenders without too much hassle.
  • Cannon, Nights, and myself are for now.

Others can be defined with in game only capabilites, or they can use procon with specifically defined rights.

We have a good bit of control all around now.