mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• :D you got the love that style.
  • quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    This is truly impressive!

Side note, who the heck transcodes video while playing games! LOL
  • GargGargoyle Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    So, the graphics in the Trinity APU are considerably more powerful than those in the 7600M?
  • The 7600M is a pretty remarkable mobile chip. 1080P ultra settings may push it on some DX 11 titles, but I'm willing to bet 1600X900 or so, running medium to high will run darn near perfect at 60FPS on most games, and at that low of a TDP its going to change everything.

In a couple years, we may all leave our desktop at home when we travel to a lan. I welcome it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Garg, we were a bit confused about some of the numbers too; Nick and I had a discussion last night about Trinity pushing more FPS than mobile Radeon and something's not stacking up. I'll try to get more info.
  • I approve this troll.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Bloody brilliant marketing on their part.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Maybe they just emphasized performance at 1366×768 res on the mobile Radeons because that godawful resolution is spreading like a cancer on anything less than enthusiast-class laptops.
  • @primesuspect maybe a 7600m + trinity? I don't know about the laptop counterparts but in the desktop you can have an APU + a discrete card to get better performance.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Maybe they just emphasized performance at 1366×768 res on the mobile Radeons because that godawful resolution is spreading like a cancer on anything less than enthusiast-class laptops.
    agreed. 1920x1080 should be the MINIMUM resoulution for ANY electronic these days. Including your cell phone ;)

why, because the world needs 4k resolution sooner than latter
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    ^Now I feel like my 1650x1080 isn't good enough for anything.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    ^Now I feel like my 1650x1080 isn't good enough for anything.
    Because it isn't. Eyefinity or GTFO
  • If only intel didnt have the punters scared () dont work in china it seems - they love amd) amd has intel on the hop in consumer mainstream pcS & mobiles for years to come.

bet they wish they bought ATI for $10b (amd got it for $5b)

not many crunch big numbers on lappies but almost all want light, cool & good battery life & a movie or a game on a trip. No matter what they pull out of a hat re graphics - amd can stomp on them at short notice

intel is left w/ a few peripheral markets, suckers & sadly - servers which is where the money is

BD flunks in the hi end cpu market - lets hope it can find a niche in servers

c/gpu is also lucrative - hard to see nvidia dominating much longer when amd gpuS so superior - open standards always win in the end.

analyst bang on about the declining pc market - but anything from a kindle up is still x86 - its a big market & amd only has 80%~ & edging up - amd dont care - they grow from stealing market share from intel - which it seems they have done for ~3yrs

hate to think how many unassailable dominant companies have been topples in last ~30 years - cpm - wordstar/calcstar lotus - wordperfect hotmail - maybe microsoft - u get the idea - amd dominance may be a watershed

maybe they added a memory channel - llano dramatically improves up to 1600 speed ram (duh - is using shared memory) but then it gets incremental
  • OK AMD, you pissed me off with bulldozer but looks like you got me back with trinity :)
  • _k_k_ P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Did they bother to mention anything about Interlagos at all? Feels like they brushed everything under the table with the new lines. Funny how Interlagos dropped and have seen where people have passed and stuck with their MCs.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Server stuff doesn't make an appearance at CES. Wrong type of show.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Yup but would have been a great time to ask them "Whats the deal bro, whats the deal?".
  • Here is what I want, a Trinity APU in a uATX case with two x16 PCIe3.0 slots (at x8,x8 if need be). And let Trinity xfire to two 7770s that have zero power state (or 8770s if zero power state is only on new core GPUs). So I got two cards drawing 2 watts or less waiting idly by while my APU tackles everything it can by itself. But if FPS drop below 60, then xfire kicks in on slot 1, and if fps drops below 60 again xfire slot 2 kicks in. This is my perfect end state, power efficient but extremely capable, and in a portable box (with a handle of course).
  • r u sure the game wasn't playing on VLC ? =P