Inaugural BF3: League of Manly Men

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I left my opinion on server rules over on the other discussion.

Voice... I don't mind Vent but I cannot stand that I cannot dual key bind. I have a standard mouse key for voice but when I'm flying I cannot go to the mouse to talk. I like the idea of squad based channels though. It would be awesome to bind one key to squad, one key to team, and one for the server... Dream, I know.

Overall, I was very pleased with last night. I wish folks would be a bit more even keeled on the game. Threatening to leave because of not liking how the game/players are playing is a bit harsh. Hopefully we can get the rules set and then we can all have fun.
  • I had a blast last night, even though I lost consistently. I wasn't butt hurt at all about the teams, but I do like poking fun. I do think clan stacking and having all of us work together on a team would be a blast, but it's just my own opinion and I'm totally fine if it never happens.

As far as the com thing, why don't we just setup 2 subchannels in vent: One for US and one for Russia. I doubt we ever have 4 squads going at once ... in all likelihood we have 4-5 players on each time sort of like we did last night. In which case 2 vent channels is purfecto.

I also think it's a bit brash to want to quit over the occasional spawn camper, but I understand how that could get to someone if the part they enjoy most about the game is being ruined. Still there is AA, and S2A weapons and so many other places to spawn and so many things to do.

The best part of last night, I thought, was how close the last game was. We lost by a hair, and as the pressure was mounting I started a killing spree. I think I got 8 kills in the last few minutes of that round because I so disparately wanted to win for the squad. I don't get that feeling playing with strangers. It was a blast. <4 I'm ready to do this once per week.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Looks like I may have to purchase a new game...
    I tried to tell you over break dude! Get it! Better than MW3!
    edited January 2012
    So is Wednesday the official time moving forward? I went ahead and added it to the Icrontic Google Calendar for posterity:

The Icrontic Calendar
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    ...wat? ...It should have already been there?

Edit: Nevermind, I was holding off on adding the official event until I was sure everyone was happy with Wednesday. Now that you're back from CES @UPSLynx, do you plan on doing ICMLP on Thursday, still?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    TONIGHT, GENTLEMEN!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    GET ON SERVER MAGGOTS!
    Life got in the way... sorry. I was looking forward to playing tonight. :(
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Good night for me. Got ace squad and had an 18-9 game that felt good. Won several times through great squad/team work. Enjoyed it!
    Great night again, tonight, guys! Had a ton of fun - a lot of you guys are getting too good at this game :(
    a lot of you guys are getting too good at this game
    I wasn't there so don't worry, I'll bring down the average. :)

Q don't sell yourself short - you're incredibly annoying because you're the most patient guy I've ever seen in a tank. Most cat-and-mouse games end with one or the other sprinting off with the terrain, but you positioned yourself twice so that couldn't happen in week one. Trying to wait you out or act like I'd been killed was fruitless.
    Oh tanks for the compliment. :D

I do love my tanks... or AA for that matter.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Really need to update my PC so that I can play BF3...people on Xbox just don't get the whole 'team' idea.
    Pissed I missed this, I was in San Francisco with Prime all day for a THQ event.

I might be up for some BF3 tonight or some time this weekend, been awhile since I dug into a good game.
    I hope to be online tonight... I haven't played since Monday. WAY to long!
    I will be on tonight as well

Transport chopper flag capping team?
    TONIGHT!

Ok, lets try to get at least two full squads going again, maybe 3 now that we've added some people to our playing list.

GO! GO! GO!

PS. I want Canti as my jeep driver tonight
    FYI... Vent is fine but I am leaning towards the built in party voice chat since I can do voice activation. I have mine set up to allow for me to talk quietly to my kids without broadcasting... I speak louder (which is normal when I see something that is gonna kill me) and then it picks it up. I am really not fond on Vent's inability to bind two keys (mouse and joystick) and I cannot find voice activation.

Oh, and YES, I'll be on for at least an hour or so starting after 7:00 PM Central.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm going to a talk later tonight, but maybe ~845 or 9P CST for me.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    @QCH

Multiple PTT keys (Have not tried this myself):
    http://www.thehoboclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2735

Voice Activated (First red arrow on the left):
  • Tested the above for multiple ptt keys. Result: works.

There is also many other uses for the bindings section. Such as: change to specific channel, PTT to channel X and all sub channels.
    Definitely a good idea - we have squads set up, and with this command, you can talk to the entire BF3 channel. (see attach)
    Sorry I was only able to pop in for a few... Kids and wife all needed me. :(
    No action this week, hopefully we have a better turnout next Wednesday!
    Everyone needs to stop playing SWTOR for a night to play BF3 ;)
  • Sorry guys I've just been stupid busy. Last week I only managed two rounds. I had all intentions of playing last night but work happened.
    edited January 2012
    On a positive note, FUZZY-CWM, the guy who we reached out to the second week, ended up playing with me for most of the night.

Left me a message on my battlelog wall saying it was the first time he/she'd ever played with a friend before and had a blast - I had to explain how it only gets better when we have 2 full squads running.

Let's not disappoint next week!
    Sorry about last night, I was participating in a paid Alpha Test for some new open world game thingy thats really the best explanation of it I can provide.
    Everyone needs to stop playing SWTOR for a night to play BF3 ;)
    Sorry - new game effect. I would have dropped down if you guys had enough for a couple squads to get the server started, though.