Nook stopped seeing Wi-fi networks

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Science & Tech
I've got this Nook Color running Cyanogen 7, which @Thrax put together for me.

Last Friday morning, it inexplicably stopped detecting any wi-fi networks. It's not just not connecting, it cant even see any networks. When I'm at home it was only ever able to connect to the one in my house, but it could still see about ten other networks in my neighborhood. Now it can see zero (and all the saved ones say "not in range"), same when I'm at work.

I checked all the settings, unless there is a place I don't know to check (the Wi-fi options under 'wireless & networking' are all set properly. 'Background data' under 'accounts & sync' is also still active).

I didn't change any other settings or install any new software at the time it stopped working.

Googling hasn't helped, and otherwise I don't know where to begin troubleshooting this issue.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Of course...

After playing with it and being frustrated with troubleshooting since Friday morning, as soon as I give up on trying to do it myself and post this discussion, I think of something else to try, and it works.

I'll leave this here for others, in case someone searches for the same issue. I don't know if it's a Nook thing or a Cyanogen thing, but I decided to try telling the nook to 'forget' all of the networks in memory (rather than just the ones I'm trying to connect to currently).

As soon as I 'forgot' the last network on the list, it started picking them all up again, so now it's back to normal (though I'll have to reenter the passwords for some of the networks I use).

:D