The Keto diet

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The only thing I can recommend is to just kill all the temptation that you can. You realize that unless you're drinking black coffee with cream, Starbucks and all those flavored drinks are out.

The whole "Dessert" mindset has to go. You're just giving up dessert entirely. I found that if I wanted to compromise, cheat, or indulge once in a while, I would fail entirely. The only way this is working for me is by shutting off the temptation entirely. Pretend you're diabetic AND celiac and then get 'er done :D
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian
    What I usually get at starbucks is 'nonfat sugar free hazelnut latte' which is easily substituted (here) with coffee and a shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup.

Cam sits and munches on frosted cereal right now...I'm having water.

Brian, you're my hero!
    trying a low carb chicken recipe from a free kindle slow cooker low carb cookbook...it looks kinda scary. cream of chicken, shredded chicken and chicken broth. Smells good. :)

I need more water, but I've been good today! YAY! I love you guys here for pointers and support too. Thank you! :)
    edited January 2012
    <3 Keep it up and we'll all be trim and hot before you know it. Sexy times!
    Sweet!

Almost broke down at school. Forgot I was going to be there over 7 hours, and only made one wrap.

No vending machines had jerky or pork rinds...gotta feel sorry for the guy next to me, because my stomach was growling. BUT...I was good! Grabbed pork rinds at the store for my drive home. :)

Day 2 down! Many to go.
    I guarantee you that any jerky you get from a vending machine is going to be soaked in sugar. The only no/low carb jerky you can get is homemade or from a boutique shop.
    Maybe I should hit the OH border? I heard there's some good jerky there. (and it's about 30 min away. :)
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    A little more tired today than I've been since Thursday's "Holy crap I'm so tired I'm gonna die", but I think that's more because child #1 was having a rough night, keeping us both up.

Something's working, since I was down 9lb this morning. Gotta love it.

Still working on tuning my ratios. I've got myself almost perfectly down to 65/30/5, but my fat:protein ratio keeps getting a little bit out of whack.

As things tend to go, i'll probably hit that 'perfect balance' right around the time I'm ready to quit.
    edited January 2012
    day three...addicted to avocado and lettuce wraps. got sf jello in case i really have to kill someone during pms.

got pork chops, chicken and hamburger at the store. Grilling chicken for 'chicken parm' with avocado later. My coworker and her husband started keto with me this week too. She's finding low carb stuff on pinterest or things that can be keto'ed (?) Crammed two bags of pork rinds in the car for emergency snacks.

down 4.2! YAY!

I'll probably just start noting this in some blog so I don't bore you all to death.
    it's great! please continue to bore us because someone else may be reading all of these posts and be inspired to lose weight. keep it up!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I don't need to lose weight but I am reading these posts and have been for awhile. Keep making them, I'm interested in the progress people are making.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I don't need to lose weight but I am reading these posts and have been for awhile. Keep making them, I'm interested in the progress people are making.
    I've been doing this too.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Me also-- ahem, me too....
    edited January 2012
    My friend that I work with and her fiancee are Keto-ing with me, and she found this video of a gal who nuked deli sliced provolone cheese and made it into a taco shell.

I used shredded mexican cheese...and.. well, look. :)

BACONIZED..
    I showed Joe, of course it's hungry dude style. LOL He asked me to blog it. :)
    Here's the video of the taco shell from cheese. I used shredded mexican
    Fantastic :D
    blog: http://thehungrydudes.com of course. :)

and my friend sent me the thing for her pulled pork butt she put in her tacos. It's a huge link with a ton of pics attached as one huge pic. Didn't seem right to post that because it's so big (yes, that's what she said. LOL)
    Official weigh-in-day #2 is coming up quickly (tomorrow). But I sneaked a peek at the scale on sunday: 272.4. 12lb even in 11 days. Can't beat that.

I'm loving the not being hungry and not snacking thing (which I think was 80% of my problem). I figured this would be the reason I'd like Keto better, and it looks like I'm right.
    WTG!

Down 9 again as before. I know I'm going to screw up today, but I know it won't be horrid. I made chili with only meat and tomatoes, I'll dump cheese and sour cream in it for dinner. The cornbread I made for the fam is killing me...Maybe I'll melt some cheese to have 'crackers' with it? That'll be later though.

Off to get ready for class.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    I don't know if 4g of carbs per "muffin" is too much for y'all on this diet, but I saw this recipe and thought of you :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm
    Down 17lb this morning (23 days). I've got my menus pretty well set up now so I don't track anywhere nearly as pedantically as I did the first week and a half.

I haven't seen a number less than 270 in a VERY long time.

Energy levels are up and stable (no post-meal crashies), and I can see my intake dropping overall on an almost daily basis.

My only "complaint" right now is that I don't get hungry quickly enough. I find myself going at least 6 hours between meals because I'm just plain not hungry most of the time. This was what I was hoping would come out of a diet like this: eating foods I love, and automatic portion-control.
    Congrats!

I had a crap week (not food wise, I did ok there) but had a FML day this morning and went "screw it. I'm going to Frita's" today.

Tried their garlic cilantro fries and a cuban sandwich. Ate half of the bread on half of the sandwich and some fries. (as in, about a dozen.) SOOO DAMN GOOD! But..I wanted to die shortly after. Overdose...seriously. Pain. Sick..uggggh..

I'm having the other half of the sandwich for dinner as the guys are at a tech award thing, and tossing the bread. Meat, cheese, bacon, and chipotle mayo.

Scale today was 186.8. So, a little under 10, so I'm happy.
    Progress.

At my fattest, around 285lb:

Right now: 242lb:

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Congrats on the progress. :)

John.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    I would narrate Brian's pose in the second picture as, "I'm sexy and I know it."

So proud of you, Brian. You look really great.
    You look incredible B! I know youre feelin pretty doggone good too. :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Brian, my wife says you look sexy. Had she known that you were going to be such a stud, she would have kicked my ass to the curb and shacked up with you (before you met Nicole, of course).
    We would have had such awesome Polish babies too

• BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Congrats! Looking great :)
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    We would have had such awesome Polish babies too
    And your home would always smell of cabbage and kishka. :) By the way, I bet that would be a good keto diet meal...