"Let's make Psychonauts 2 happen"

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• Tim Schafer specializes in making great games that connect with a niche audience. In other words, critically acclaimed flops. He is brilliant, but he is not in touch with the sensibility's of the core gamer, and if he were, he would not care to make that type of game. I don't think anyone interested in making money would finance another big budget studio production for him, and that's a shame, he has allot to offer. He really needs to consider smaller independent projects that require less risk and financing, ones that his niche audience can make profitable. Multi Million dollar Studio games are not his thing.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Bit of a fangasm here: I would just utterly die if Psychonauts 2 was made. All my love.

Psychonauts had it's share of issues, but it's a game that you HAVE to experience from beginning to end, and with as many ways these days for you to have access to it, there's really no excuse.

Personally, I'm really interested to see how a Tim/Notch business relationship would go. Notch continues to utterly astound me with how he goes out of his way to promote folks and boost good games that otherwise might not have a chance. So if there was anyone I'd want to put faith behind funding Psychonauts 2, it'd certainly be him.