NZXT's new flagship full-tower case: The Switch 810 reviewed.

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• djmephNorm Witte III Detroit Icrontian
    <3<3<3 My NZXT Phantom. I remember for a while I thought that the positioning of the power supply was a bit wonky, causing me to stretch out the CPU power cable too much. Then I realized that it was supposed to be routed behind the motherboard and fit perfectly into the socket. Always discovering new tricks and they never cease to amaze me with their new products.
  • Outstanding product? With fit and finish problems? I'd give it a 6, but certainly not a thumbs up. And it is pretty expensive too!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Outstanding product? With fit and finish problems? I'd give it a 6, but certainly not a thumbs up. And it is pretty expensive too!
    The Outstanding Product award doesn't mean a reviewed item is without flaw. As stated in the review, aside from the breakage (which was caused by my lack of attention to what I was doing), the complaints were minor.

The price entirely appropriate. Find a case with the same features for less.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    so much plastic.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    so much plastic.
    Seriously. The internals are very nice, but the exterior just looks like cheap shit.
  • nice review!
  • _k_k_ P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    When can I get one?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Ordered. Now we wait.
    Got it today and slapped my asus dp gear into it. Took me way long that expected simply because of the freaking hard drive tray system. The top vent should of had a slide lock on it since any time you bump it one of the releases releases and you have to undo the second one to connect the top back on. I need to go out and buy an extender for the 24-pin so I can route that behind but it is going to look sexy when I am done.

PUT MORE STANDOFFS IN WITH THE CASE. There is enough for ATX but not enough to cover the larger form factors the case supports.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Man, that's clean as hell. Nice!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Purty!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    still like.... hmmm