ICMC: ICTown and Build Plot Requests

Comments

• doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian
    Requesting a 21x21 plot. I'm good friends with Ghoosdom irl. Maybe near his plot?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Requesting a 21x21 plot. I'm good friends with Ghoosdom irl. Maybe near his plot?
    Hello doabarrollroll and Welcome to Icrontic! Any friend of a fellow Icrontian is a Friend of our community. Please take some time to read and understand the
    Server Rules thread and about our recent Restart. What is your Minecraft username and I will get you on the build list.

Plot D2 is available and right next to GH. It is now yours please make sure you read and understand the OP of this thread for rules and regs regarding building limits.

-Digi
  • sweet. Kris finally joins Icrontic!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I would like to request the area of the map that I have highlighted in black here to build Icrontic Stadium. I am planning on building a 1:1 scale baseball stadium.
    edited February 2012
    It's terrible so I'll just put it here, it's at least a try at a visualization of the current claims:

Not showing: MBK has a small slice between spawn and Mitey Worriers land. GH has the small islands on the north side of the ocean outside the Industrial plots. The other larger island between the industrial plots and the western claims is reserved.

CrazyJoe, I can't wait to see that! Let me know if you need any help, materials or labor.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Would appreciate if expansion happened toward the desert and not the opposite direction. My corner with a lakeview would be sad to lose it.

I realize it's a bit barren atm, but I've been busy digging a hole.

And, since I'm not certain if this thread is where road names are being suggested or not (these newfangled interwebs forum thingers confuse and frighten me) I'll just suggest here that one be called either Rainbow Road or Toad's Turnpike.
  • doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian
    Oh, my username is doabarrelroll21. I'll read through the server rules and everything.
    CrazyJoe, I can't wait to see that! Let me know if you need any help, materials or labor.

-Digi
    It is a huge project and from what I've come up with I think I am going to use brown wool to make the infield dirt (so that the grass doesn't grow if I use real dirt) and white wool for the foul lines. So I'll need a ton of brown and white wool, as well as some green and yellow wool for the outfield wall. If anyone wants to drop them off in the chest in my house in town that'd be great. I spent about an hour harvesting the sheep in the farm across the street from my place but I still only came away with about a stack or two of each color I need. I don't have the exact numbers right now as the planning sheet is on my PC at home but I know it's easily in the multiple hundreds of each color. I am using Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati as a template and it's 328 feet down the left field line and 325 feet down the right so that's 100 meters and 99 meters. So the field itself is almost a 100x100 square.
  • In order to represent a scale parking lot for the stadium, we're going to have to level the entire MW Land and we'll need a massive amount of black or dark grey wool to represent the asphalt. ;)
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I would like to request a 40x40 plot. Near trees and sand if possible.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    For the subway system how are we getting down to it?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ALIENS!

Currently there is an entrance/exit on the west exit from spawn. Look for a trap door and pressure plate. There will be these entrances on each side of spawn. For your plots you can plan a sub entrance out to the sub road if you wish. If we can come up with a non-intrusive way to put those type of access hatches in intersections then we will do that also.

-Digi
    In order to represent a scale parking lot for the stadium, we're going to have to level the entire MW Land and we'll need a massive amount of black or dark grey wool to represent the asphalt. ;)
    Yea, that's ok too right guys?
    I would like to request a 40x40 plot. Near trees and sand if possible.
    We can do that. Take a look at the map. There are a few places that meet your needs. Head out there in game, find a place you like, stand in the middle and give me the coords and I'll get you down for a 40x40 around that point.

-Digi
  • Is the industrial zone road project complete? I don't want to start using my industrial plot until I'm sure I know where it is.
    Yes, the layout is complete. :D

-Digi
  • Okay, cool. So, a couple questions. I've attached a screen shot from the map. Am I correct in assuming that everything inside the pink lines I drew is my actual industrial plot? I ask because it looks like someone built roads inside my plot. Also, is the size of the road bordering the ocean correct? In other words, it doesn't have to be 10 wide?

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!
    Okay, cool. So, a couple questions. I've attached a screen shot from the map. Am I correct in assuming that everything inside the pink lines I drew is my actual industrial plot? I ask because it looks like someone built roads inside my plot. Also, is the size of the road bordering the ocean correct? In other words, it doesn't have to be 10 wide?

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!
    Yes, everything inside the pink line looks right. Should be 35x35 including the cornerstone pillars. The road between the last row of plots (your plot) and the water is indeed only 5 wide, not 10.

What looks like roads inside your plot was a side effect of my original miscalculated layout.

-Digi

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Has A1 been spoken for? If not, I will take it. May not play much but would like to be able to play now and then.

I will check the other threads for rules on where to get my materials.
    Has A1 been spoken for? If not, I will take it. May not play much but would like to be able to play now and then.

I will check the other threads for rules on where to get my materials.
    I believe that is indeed available. I will double check when I get home tonight and confirm. That would put you right next to Grand Central and The Castle build :-)

It would be our pleasure to have you :-D

-Digi

A1 has a sign that says "A1 Unclaimed" however, someone did start there it appears. They left a forge and a crafting table.
    A1 has a sign that says "A1 Unclaimed" however, someone did start there it appears. They left a forge and a crafting table.
    Yes we had a member who claimed A1, started to build and then moved. If I verify that it is still unclaimed and you would like assistance removing said building, that can certainly be arranged.

-Digi
    That should not be an issue (removing what was started) it is very small, just a wall around it and a bit below. Already a darn spider in there too... just about killed me.

I am going to have to read the Minecraft Wiki, I don't even know what the icons are. I have some bottles of booze or something by the hearts, dunno what those mean LOL.
    Yeah, start by reading about hunger. then you will understand the "food" chest at spawn. :D

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    mmmfff, don't want to do this but I've been looking at my Industrial Plot and with the build projects I have in mine (Notably recreating the Rumford Manor from Thief the Metal Age which would take, just from the sheer size of it 2-3 Industrial plots worth of real estate)

So I will regrettably (Regrettably only because I made a stint about plot registration earlier in the thread and now I feel like a dick for doing this) be releasing Industrial H10 back into the registration table.

I've been looking about and if x120, z161 to x295, z316 is available I'd like to request that. (Terribly sorry again, should've thought about how much land I'd need before I requested the plot)
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I'd like a reasonable size plot around x-750, z-215 (atleast 40x40)
    edited February 2012
    Oh, my username is doabarrelroll21. I'll read through the server rules and everything.
    You should be good to go. Let me know if there are any issues.
    I'd like a reasonable size plot around x-750, z-215 (atleast 40x40)
    Let's call it 50x50 corners -725, -190 x -775, -240?
    Has A1 been spoken for?
    A1 is Yours

-Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    A lot of people have built their basements to large or have used part of the community area as a wall. This means when I have been making the undercity paths around plots I end up in someone's basement and have to try and repair some or have to work around user placed blocks when opening the walk ways.

I think B2 is an example of this. There are the stone bricks under the sandstone outline for the plot which is not part of the plot, that would make all plots 23x23 instead of 21x21. If people could double check their basements and fix this I could keep me a tunneling but I keep running into this. I was going around mine and had to move my wall in because I was using the blocks outside my plot as a wall for my basement.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I ran into a couple of these situations, myself. In fact, until I had a good grasp of the lay of the land, my own walls were extended into the road area, as well.
This discussion has been closed.