A call to communication: Valve Software and the Half-Life series

2»

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Not likely but here's an idea. Considering what they did with Portal 2 and the ARG. Could it be possible that releasing any information at all might somehow ruin some secret marketing idea they want to use for the next game in the Half-Life series? I think it's much more likely that they simply aren't working on it but rather than simply officially saying "Lol sorry guys we don't care, have more TF2 hats." They tend to pretend like they don't even hear the questions. This seems slightly suspicious coming from a company known to have their company leaders respond to small time emails from customers about nothing.
  • My theory, HL3 will happen after Valve completely overhauls the Source engine.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    HAHAHAHA! Brilliant!
  • First thing that popped into my head.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    ^ Best movie.
    Best enemy in the best movie.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Why is this Spartan's armor made from Lite Brite? What the hell is this?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @canti please, please tell me you've seen the Running Man. It's one of Arnold's best movies.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    @canti please, please tell me you've seen the Running Man. It's one of Arnold's only good movies.
    FTFY.
    >9 months later

Nope, haven't seen it. Maybe over winter break.
    Valve can eat a dick. You guys enjoying DOTA 2 and its hats? Yeah? Super fun times?

Episode 3 is dead.
    Requit
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    You saying that because of the recent news?
    JBoogaloo
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    well, dota2 is the most played game on steam...
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    He just mad.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I don't think he's mad. Just very, very disappointed....
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Well I was referring to what Gabe told 4Chan. But then again, it's Gabe telling 4Chan so I don't know how reliable that is.
    Ya never know with Valve, hence your irritation?
  • Episode 3 is dead.
    All their fluff about 'blah blah we want to do fun stuff' is a load of shit. Gabe is the majority owner and it's a privately held company. That means 'fun' is 'separate people from their money in exchange for crap we can take away at any time if they displease us.'
    Same as how he's been screaming about Windows 8 being 'death for games' and that's why they're now doing Linux. Complete and utter bullshit. Microsoft has the potential to dent if not cripple Steam's market share by offering publishers a better deal (which ain't hard.)