5.1 sound problems

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited February 2012 in Hardware
Hi im running Realtek sound in window 7

my issue for 5,1 Speakers some speakers has 2 high sounds and the 3 other speakers has low Sounds "with Speaker Fill Options"

with no Speaker Fill Option 3 speakers has no Sound

the speakers dont even sound like 5.1 and it is set to 5.1 sound

any ideas how to fix this???

Comments

• That's because whatever audio you're using isn't a 5.1 mix. The Speaker Fill option takes a 2.0 mix and upmixes it to pseudo-5.1. If you want real 5.1, you need to have a 5.1 source (and play it using software that properly handles 5.1).
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    so what do i have to do ? any suggestion?

im using the RealTek Driver from the Onborad Sound
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You need to have a source with 5.1 that is actually outputting 5.1
    is there like any Adapter 5.1 making it to 2.1??

like 5.1 has 3 Plugs i want a Adapter connecting 3 to 1
    oh and i dont get it what you mean by source 8-/
    edited February 2012
    Wut? If you have the hardware setup correctly:

Then have the software setup correctly (for example, but make sure you have actually set your speakers to 5.1 in Windows) with a source that is known to have 5.1 audio and I don't see what would be wrong. Source means the file you are playing, like a movie or other recording done in 5.1

EDIT: and no, there is no 3>1 adapter ... that would render them unable to transmit the audio correctly. Use SPDIF if you want a single cord.
    yes i got every thing set up right even the speakers

im not the only people with this issue with this realtek Driver seems like there alot of people having it....

and sadly my speaker dont support SPDIF

logitech x 540 <-- speaker
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    By source they mean source material, i.e., Blu-ray or game that is mastered in 5.1 or greater as well as a source device which for a pc is going to be your sound card. Are you using a desktop or laptop? Desktop, what motherboard? Laptop, which one?

edited February 2012
    Desktop
    asus p6x58d-e Motherborad Onborad sound card

even in games i get odd sounds

should i just buy a new sound card?
    I mean, I don't have access to your exact setup, but it seems like it isn't working for you and if you found others having similar issues with that driver/hardware combo, perhaps a dedicated sound card is a good solution.
    so how do i choose a good sound card around 60$?
    Here is a good sampling from Newegg and Amazon. You'll have to decide what additional features you want and if you are willing to bump that price point any and what connector you want (PCI-E x1 or PCI)
    i got 1 PCI-E 1 slot and 1 PCI they both work

i just need help finder a good product im not good at sound Specs sure ill be willing to go up more
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    The p6x58d-e motherboard supports 5.1 audio out. You do not need a sound card.

1) make sure you have the cables from your speaker correctly plugged into your motherboard. They should be color coordinated but make sure they are correct based on what the motherboard and speaker manuals say they should be.
    2) if your audio drivers have an interface (look for it on your system tray), make sure it has 5.1 enabled.
    3) go into the audio settings in windows, make sure 5.1 is enabled.
    5) again, if your source material isnt mastered for 5.1 your system wont produce anything in the other channels or it may try to upmix it as ardi said. Make sure whatever media player youre using or game you are playing has 5.1 audio enabled.

If everything is correct, and you're sure your source material should be 5.1, try purging and reinstalling your audio driver.
    Sorry for the Mega late Reply MAGIC

ALL the Cables are connected onto Motherborad and Connected all right
    Reinstalling Audio Driver Tryed Didnt work
    On System Tray Sound is on 5.1

5.1 dont even work im not the only people with this issue i think its the Realtek issue

5.1 dont even work on Games nothing