The Keto diet

Comments

• WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian
    I've been on a break. (suck it...whatever. winter 'blues' have struck. It is what it is.) I haven't gained any back though. Still at 9 down. So, no. I haven't gained it back with my first, second, third meals.

Congrats guys. You're doing a great job.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Weighed in today. 238. That puts me 47 down and I'm now lighter than when I met Nicole. One more pound and I'll be at the size I was in 2007, when we did the 30 pound challenge that I failed miserably at.

Now, I don't think I'll have any trouble with the 30 pound challenge :)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I was down to 180 (5lbs) before I left for Cali. Goal for vacation... Not gain that back.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    You did a pretty good job of sticking to it last night, at least up until the point that I left; there were talks of In-and-Out, did you go bunless or did y'all end up somewhere else.
    Bunless
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I commend you, its not easy to pass up a fully loaded Double Double after a few drinks.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Had one of those wonderful moments this morning.

Put on a pair of jeans fresh out of the dryer and didn't have to suck in/squeeze myself into them. There was actually some room to spare. My belt is currently AWOL and it's been giving me fits all day trying to keep my stupid pants up.
    Good story @AlexDeGruven! Keep it up!
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    nice job guys! i cant wait to see brian's belt once he retires it. display it as art/motivation in the new ichq.
    Had to share this.

My employer does a healthy rewards program. I can get $100 in my check for completing a wellness survey and a wellness consultation (Weight, cholesterol, consultation, BMI, etc).

I did the wellness survey today and got flagged as "High Risk" on the diet portion because I don't eat 5 servings of whole grains every day.

Even when I'm not on full keto, I couldn't imagine eating that much carbohydrates.
    Aye aye aye....
    It will be interesting when I do the consult. I set it for the first Monday in April (I targeted my keto plan through the end of March). By that point, I should be around the 255 range, which is almost my end goal (240-245).

That's still a BMI of 30.9, which is considered obese. To get to "normal", I'd have to get down to 210 (24.9 BMI), which is patently ridiculous quite frankly.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    That's because BMI is bullshit, and you should be going by your body fat percentage. Fit is 6-15ish % for an adult male.
    That's why I give it no credence. I think it breaks down even further when you start getting into people built like me or Sledgehammer. When you're tall and big-framed like us, there is a LOT of bone mass that BMI doesn't account for, not to mention the basic fact that volumes don't scale linearly.

When I first reached this height, I was 180lb, which is considered perfect by BMI (21.3). At that time, if I turned sideways, I'd disappear.

When I'm getting toward my numerical goals, then I'll start looking at fat% goals. Even if I hit my current target (245 by 3/31), I'll still be at 29ish, which is right on the edge of overweight and obese.

Man. @Wattyz did a before-and-after TV appearance pic for me. Sheesh. Normally I don't feel like I look that much different, but wow.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Who's the serial killer in the right photograph? And why are they taking mugshots in front of cityscapes?

AND OH GOD WHY IS HE WEARING BRIAN'S SKIN AS A SUIT???
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    I want there to be a like button on that pic. :)
    This forum is in dire need of like buttons.
    I want the old comic that someone drew after your interview to be side by side with a Wolverine pic...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Wolverine looks good on you, bro. Do it.
    Like this, @Wattyz?

@RyanMM Close! LOL
    Posted this on G+ this morning:

I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks. gasp

I haven't needed to. I've just been keeping track of the fact that I keep getting smaller.

This week, I noticed that my wedding band (which was a little snug when I got married) is almost loose enough to shake off my hand.

This morning, I put on pants that were a little snug on our honeymoon (11 years ago), and they fit perfectly. I even went down to the last notch in my belt.

Seriously loving this.
    Dear Keto people - Please invent a taco shell that is not made of cheese. Love, Me.
    Dear Keto people - Please invent a taco shell that is not made of cheese. Love, Me.
    I made one with bacon :) Or use a lettuce leaf and make it a taco wrap. :)

Bacon. This is a good idea. Here I was thinking, "I guess you could try and make a keto crepe somehow, and scorch it till its crispy," but crispy eggs doesn't exactly sound like a good idea.
    Dear RyanMM: It's time to stop being seven years old about cheese. Love, Me. :p
    lol. <3 you too. ;)
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    A taco without cheese is hardly a taco at all.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    You're not really on Keto, are you Ryan? Weight-loss diets are for people who are, you know, fat.