Dem City Roads

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I6-8 will be Hells Highway.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    After getting lost in the Nether and running out of tools, then tunneling through a mountain by hand. I was eventually found by a helpful member and led to a portal back to normal land. The portal ended up stranding me over 6,000 blocks from town. After several (game) days, passing packs of wild dogs, crossing the frozen wilderness, sailing across an ocean, and fighting off hordes of monsters the entire way I managed to get back to town. The result of this journey is that all street signs now have a block of glowstone on top of them. This means that all street signs are complete and all they need are the names of the streets printed on them. Problem is, we have named very few streets. y u no suggest names guys?
  • I still think that A should be Mortin Ave and 1 should be Snuffie Ln
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I still think that A should be Mortin Ave and 1 should be Snuffie Ln
    As there has been no opposed. It shall be done.

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Throwing these out there, use them as you see fit.

Beierman Ave
    Avery Ln.
    ICHQ Blvd.
    Bourbon Pkwy.
    ICOK Ln.
    EPIC ave.
    Ambrozy Hwy.
    Russell Way

More as they come to me.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I can't believe I hadn't thought of Beierman. I'll change the signs tonight.

A - Mortin Avenue
    1 - Snuffie Lane
    8-9 - Beierman Ave
  • I'm just full of herp and derp.

Mortin is the correct spelling (according to the About Icrontic page anyway)
  • Yep, Keith's handle was spelled "Mortin".
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I suggested in-game, naming B-C after JediHobbit. IIRC, he never played, but was a big part of the IC community.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Let's discuss Lane 9-10 in an official manner. I'll start since nobody else is yet to bring it up.

It's one of the "unnamed" roads. For fun, a few of us named it Rarity Lane, which follows the guidelines above of Lanes and Avenues. It was mostly as a joke, but I've now heard several people voice that they would like it to stay.

But I've heard a few others speak hesitation that it may be too many "brony" names.

If someone has a better name for it, I have no qualms about it changing, at all. But I would like to see it change to -something-, as I happen to live on that street. "unnamed" was an eyesore, so I welcome it to be named at last.

Lets hear some votes, people. Especially if you live on that road. If people don't mind (or even want it) to be named Rarity Lane, let's just keep it. Why not?

My personal vote? Keep it. I like it. And I argue that just 2 pony-named roads isn't overwhelming ICTown with brony propaganda. It's just a name, not giant pixelart. But I won't be butthurt if it changes, either.

Discuss.
    Here is the discussion. It will not be officially named Rarity Lane because I say so. The reason for this is not up for discussion. As always feel free to PM me with any concern.

All neighbors on the said street are free to throw out options on the name and discuss.

-Digi
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    Too many pony names....
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    It will not be officially named Rarity Lane because I say so. The reason for this is not up for discussion.
    Look, I don't know much about ponies, but what is sounds like you're saying is that Rarity is not best pony.

FWIW, I appreciate the bronies, but as Mr-TRiot said and Bandrik alluded to, the server is already significantly brony-friendly.
    A little part of me dies inside when I say this, but I have to agree.

The MC and Brony population in IC overlap significantly. Provided the whole place doesn't become Bronyville, I can't see a reason why one street can't be named after a pony, particularly when that street runs smack through the middle of Brony Central in ICTown.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Here's my idea for what to actually name the road:

Rainbow Lane

A few reasons:
    1. Homage to Rainbow Road in Mario Kart
    2. That was an actual bowling alley in my hometown, Rainbow Lane
    3. Homage to the pony, Rainbow Dash, who I know Ilriyas will appreciate (we both live on this unnamed street)

It's not obviously brony-ish (it's only #3 on my list), so that shouldn't be an issue. And no, I don't want to actually colorize the road, just give it the name Rainbow Lane.

That's my vote. Thoughts?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    A thought about road names in general:

The roads are wide enough that we could spell out the name of each road (in obsidian or something equally cool and durable) in the road itself, so that it can be seen on the world map. It would also be a fun community project to gather and place the bricks required.
    edited February 2012
    A little part of me dies inside when I say this, but I have to agree.

The MC and Brony population in IC overlap significantly. Provided the whole place doesn't become Bronyville, I can't see a reason why one street can't be named after a pony, particularly when that street runs smack through the middle of Brony Central in ICTown.
    There is already a road named for the ponies, Equestria Ave. I worked with another player to rename it this because almost every player that has ever been to multiple pony streams has a plot on that road.

It seems my attempt to prevent drama has only created more so I will say this: The street names will never become official if I have multiple players disagreeing with the name. Past that is 100% my business and 0% anyone else.
    A thought about road names in general:

The roads are wide enough that we could spell out the name of each road (in obsidian or something equally cool and durable) in the road itself, so that it can be seen on the world map. It would also be a fun community project to gather and place the bricks required.
    I LOVE this idea. Unless someone PMs me a really good reason not to do this, we'll make this happen.
    Rainbow Lane
    If we have a Rainbow road it would be criminal not to model it after the Mario Kart track. 9-10 is up for naming Rainbow Avenue. Anyone who 'lives' on that road speak now or forever hold your peace.
    I suggested in-game, naming B-C after JediHobbit. IIRC, he never played, but was a big part of the IC community.
    I like this idea though I know there are other Icrontians that we have lost that I would like to honor also and we probably don't have enough roads. I propose Memorial Ave and on each sign (there will be 20+) we have a members forum name that we have Rad Icrontic Memories of. Thoughts?

All other names that have gone uncontested have now been added to the OP and will be official if no one further contests.

-Digi
    I like this idea though I know there are other Icrontians that we have lost that I would like to honor also and we probably don't have enough roads. I propose Memorial Ave and on each sign (there will be 20+) we have a members forum name that we have Rad Icrontic Memories of. Thoughts?
    I like this idea even better. He was just the most recent I remember.
    With Memorial Lane official maybe we should put A Avenue back up for suggestion and move Mortin over to B-C. Or Change A to Memorial Lane since it is the first road in town.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Why don't we make one of the highways into Memorial Drive (or Ave or Ln or w/e), like the one going out past the treefarms. That way we've got more room to work with to pretty it up, and it's something that most MC Icrontians will traverse fairly regularly.

Also, on a previous note, I'm down with the Rainbow Lane, though I'd prefer it be called Rainbow Road :P I actually suggested that in the Plot Request thread a while back...
    And while I'd love to have that street remain Rarity Ln, I understand that some people will just be kermudgeony ;)
    Besides, that doesn't mean it won't exist :3
  • With Memorial Lane official maybe we should put A Avenue back up for suggestion and move Mortin over to B-C. Or Change A to Memorial Lane since it is the first road in town.
    Since Mortin founded Icrontic, I'd argue he should have his own street.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    2nd for Rainbow Road. The way it's meant to be.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Rainbow Lane
    If we have a Rainbow road it would be criminal not to model it after the Mario Kart track. 9-10 is up for naming Rainbow Avenue. Anyone who 'lives' on that road speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Does Linc live on that road?
    Actually, I believe he does.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    RAINBOW ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we make it all sparkly and magical like the Mario Kart track then even better!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I would like to humbly request that the unreserved road running adjacent to my property, parallel to the road reserved for the Mitey Worriers, be named "Victory Road."
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Who am I to oppose Rainbow Road?

Dicks. :p
    Still waiting for you to sign on and do something with that empty lot next to mine, @lincoln
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Victory Road must happen.
  • Still waiting for you to sign on and do something with that empty lot next to mine, @lincoln
    Based on his other post, you're going to be waiting a loooooong time.