If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

MrsD told me to: May I have your vote?

AdrestiaAdrestia Cincinnati, OH Member
edited Feb 2012 in The Pub
*DEEP BREATH*
Hello everyone! I would love for you to go http://www.facebook.com/GothicLolitaWigs?v=app_204169126292521&app_data=cid_16702 and vote me to win this competition.

I don't expect you all to bend to Betsy's elite powers of "I will stare at you with my menace until you do the thing that I want you to do" so I will attempt an introduction worthy of your endorsement... *ahem*

My name is Amanda and I'm a nerd (duh) and I nerd hard for the following things:
SC2, anthropology, languages, fashion, dance, politics, cooking, knitting, console (fighting games, RPGs, Playstations 1 &2, Xbox, Wii), roleplaying, Fantasy genre, Japanese, economics, and science (biology and space, more specifically), anime, manga, gardening

I will talk with enthusiasm (gregariously) about those topics. I tend to be a very passionate person but I do try to respect other people because I think being nice and respectful will get me more knowledge than being mean and harsh. But I'm also ultra competitive so I can be a bit harsh if I have a "I must win" mindset (omg, all the time, I need to probably tell my therapist this...*willfully forgets*).

Which brings me toooooo STARCRAFT! I and a friend started the Cincinnati Barcraft. I'm a member of the casual team femFx and after I finish this post I'm going to go do my ladder practice before we do the MLG Winter Qualifiers Barcraft tonight (I almost feel like an adult organizing something like this).

I am a pretty good word of mouth marketer so if you need someone to pimp your wares or cause, I will probably happily do so. I like to see people happy and successful.

So, if all of that hasn't earned your vote then feel free to ask me some questions and make me work for it! I don't mind putting in effort to earn something like a victory in this competition.

~Amanda

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    edited Feb 2012
    I don't think the Icrontic community at large is as familiar with Betsy's staring powers as you and I are. :P

Also: these chuckleheads will be more likely to click your link if you let them know that doing so will give them access to you and other pretty girls (and some dudes? I think?) sporting fun wigs and steampunk/gothic costumes. ;)

Good luck. :)
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Indeed, saying something more along the lines of "when I win ill show up to the next IC event in Lolita" also works here ;)

But seriously, I've told her to come over here bc everyone is awesome and will love her kookiness ... So don't prove me wrong :)
  • AdrestiaAdrestia Cincinnati, OH Member
    OH! I could probably do that (as long as it doesn't conflict with Starcraft!) :P
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Welcome Adrestia :) Any friend of Betsy's is a friend of ours. I mean, she married CB, so she's already an... excellent judge.. of character (help, I'm stretching here. Guys?)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I have only met Amanda a few times since I don't live in Ohio any more but I can definitely say every time I've met her she's been wearing a colored wig. So she should fit right in since there are quite a few members around here that love that type of look on a woman. Welcome to Icrontic, it's a fantastic place and the best community on the interwebs!!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I know some of the people on femfx, femfxnudge and also a guy that goes by Trumpetmcool who does website work for femfx. Starcraft is awesome!

Welcome to Icrontic :)
  • AdrestiaAdrestia Cincinnati, OH Member
    TrumpetMcool! He's my primary coach!!! :D!!!!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'd love to vote, but I'm not installing a Facebook app just to do it :( I wish they made these contests a bit less intrusive for those that want to help :(