Giant Catan needs help with funding

13»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Betsy snapped this photo of me while I was working in the garage yesterday.image
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Why is Eddie Vedder doing crafts?

Sorry, that's the best I could do for a flannel-themed joke.
    Well, if that photo wasn't compelling enough, here's another.

There are enough pieces close enough to finished condition that I could finally lay them out and see how they all look on the pavement together:

Honda Insight bumper for scale. :)
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Awesomesauce!
    The glue is drying on the last component (if I didn't forget anything), and a live test will commence this Saturday (to make sure I didn't forget anything).

Still accepting donations however, as the cost of the project far outspent donations. :D I'll post some photos of the finished set this weekend.
    The live test went well. There are only a few kinks that need to be worked out, and just a couple components which were discovered to be partly unfinished.

Here's some photos:

The full set (Garrik for scale):

The opening moves of game one:

@Zanthian trying to get some of Garrik's wood while @Sharkydart gets a text message:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Where are the giant dice? :D
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    This is awesome guys, I have not had the opportunity to play Catan yet, but I am a big fan of boardgames. Can't wait to get to play, the game, with you all. (was going to leave off ",the game," and then I thought better... lols