ICMC: The Restart

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Spider Spawner

Had a record in it. "13" we already have at spawn so it goes into the Digi collection.

-Digi
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    speaking of records, lonestar and I have been doing some record hunting and have extra copies of "Cat" and "Far" to deliver - where is the community disc collection so that I can drop off our duplicates we find from our creeper disc hunts?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Right at spawn, near the pig pen, across the path.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    oooh Far is awesome could I get permission to play it in my house music box?
    I monitor the music box to make sure that the records that are taken are put back. If you want to play a disk elsewhere then spawn, just please make sure to put it back when finished.

Thank you for the donations Gorzo and Loanstarr. As Ryder stated the chest is literally right next to the center of spawn.

We are also collecting saddles with the plan of pig battles. Thanks Android for the idea.

-Digi
    Spider Spawner found at
    X: -269
    Y: 12
    Z: -273
    edited February 2012
    Android and I found a skeleton spawner inside the Stronghold at

Edit: Removed for Community Reserve

I grabbed the mossy cobble, in exchange the 2 pig saddles will make their way to community chests
    edited February 2012
    We have changed Furnaces to be public by default when they are placed. If you want a private furnace, simply run a /cremove then /cprivate on it.

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I found a worldgen mineshaft. Upon exploration I found rails to take up for the rail projects, but even more I found TWO THREE FOUR cave spider spawners.

The co-ords for the Spawners are (standing on TOP of the spawner)~

x:-322
    y:32
    z:341

And

x:-349
    y:36
    x:342

Also

x:-355
    y:35
    z:374

AND

x:-346
    y:33
    z:380

I saw a slime down here too, but it didn't drop anything when I killed it, sadly.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I found a pair of very active spider spawners at -889, 18, 171. Not exactly close to town, but there they are.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Wow, those spider spawners are pretty closely clustered. I wonder if they'd be close enough to create some sort of mega-grinder generating 4 spiders at once.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    More spawners found under the skittle farm.

skeleton

spider

spider
    We figured out there was a setting causing everyone not to be able to run /help. Thank you everyone that reported the issue and we've now changed it so everyone should now be able to run /help

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    What is this?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Community library a few of us have been working on.

Piston operated bookshelves and all that fancy stuff, should be finished sometime soon(ish).

• Why is there lava in a library? that seems like a bad idea.
    Why is there lava in a library? that seems like a bad idea.
    Indeed, take it from the voice of personal experience placing lava ANYWHERE near a wooden object is asking for a massive fire.

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Rule of cool.

Lava is at a minimum 5 blocks from anything flammable so it won't spontaneous ignite, I've overtorched the area around so short of people actively leading creepers inside it'll be fine.

Also digging out the plot so leaks are contained.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Question- Jens said that they plan on releasing 1.2 tomorrow. Do we update, or hold off on that?
    Question- Jens said that they plan on releasing 1.2 tomorrow. Do we update, or hold off on that?
    Minecraft updating and Bukkit (The server software) updating is 2 different things. So the answer is probably not tomorrow. But once a stable Bukkit 1.2 is released, yes.

-Digi
  • But bukkit and minecraft are of 1 now! I know it will take time, but soon enough we won't be waiting on bukkit to update anymore after a minecraft release!
    This is relevant to @Canti

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Oh man, I can't WAIT FOR CATS.
    We may be waiting longer than we would like.

A LOT has changed in 1.2, particularly the save format, which doesn't convert in the server version (this is from what i'm reading).

If that's the case, then the great stuff from 1.2 will never arrive in our world.

There is, however, a theory that one could take the SMP world, load it up in single-player (which will convert to the new format) and then put it back in SMP, allowing ALL of the new features (jungles, cats, etc) to function.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Cat fountain

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Minecraft [...] 1.2 will automatically convert worlds to the new format. World files in previous formats will remain untouched, allowing the player to use them in older game versions. The world generator has not been changed, so there will be an additional 128 blocks of air above the usual terrain. Which means 192 blocks from sea level to the height limit.
    tl;dr version: new stuff will exist in new chunks, but existing chunks will not be regenerated with new terrain content like jungle biomes.
    skeleton spawner found in an abandoned mine at

There's a cave spider spawner down there too, but they're so common in mines that I didn't bother writing down the coords. Most of the mine is unexplored still for anyone who wants to have at it.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Seems the server's down. I've been getting timeouts for the last half hour or so, no response at all.

DigiEdit: Y U No PM?!
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Confirmed

DigiEdit: Paraphrased that for you
    edited March 2012
    Please report issues to me via PM. Posting to a random thread is indeed the slowest way to get the message to the people who need it.

Edit: Also, Should be up now

Thanks,

-Digi