An Intimate Request

2»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Sodium is where it's at.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Any of the alkali metals really. They'd definitely leave an impression :P
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Because Prag is a badass and can climb walls with HIS BARE HANDS, I'd suggest getting a more traditional softer metal like gold, silver, or platinum. Something that can get resized should he bugger up his finger, or do something crazy like take the ring off while he's climbing walls WITH HIS BARE HANDS.

I'm in the same boat Annes. I'm looking for a cool ring that's not a total douchecanoe blingy fingerweight. There are lots of cool designs in these more exotic materials, but none of them I've found can account for the physical changes the human body goes through as it ages. I want a ring I can wear when I'm 80. I figure my hands will either get fat or I'll get all arthritic and boney so either way my finger size will change. :/
  • I used to work for a guy who had a really simple solution to what you just described: his wedding band was a tattoo around his left ring finger.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I used to work for a guy who had a really simple solution to what you just described: his wedding band was a tattoo around his left ring finger.
    Not to be crass, but let's just say I'm glad I didn't go and do something like that when I got married.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I think a tattoo kills the symbolism and is a bit dramatic anyway.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2012

Not to be crass, but let's just say I'm glad I didn't go and do something like that when I got married.
    I'm right there with ya. But these guys are looking for something that will stick with them for life, not lose fitment when their fingers change and age, and not be a danger to their manly hands if fingers start swelling.

I've seen the tattoo solution, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    This is what I bought my fiancee for an engagement ring. The wedding ring is similar, but the diamond isn't raised. The stones on either side are our birthstones. I guess I could get into symbolism and say the birthstones represent each of us, and the diamond being be hardest naturally forming mineral represents our bond together won't be easy to break. But really I didn't put that much thought into it, I just wanted our birthstones on it.

As for the wedding band, I like most of us got Tungsten Carbine. Personally I wanted something heavy like Platinum, but as mentioned it is a bit squishy for a metal. I would have loved something like depleted uranium or anything else that might weigh about 2 pounds, but radioactivity and all...

Anyways, mine looks a lot like the one Cyclonite posted, only mine is black instead of silver, and the brushed section in the middle is actually carbon fiber.