If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic in Maximum PC

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Mar 2012 in Community

Comments

• Bobby MillerBobby Miller Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    ·
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    So. Freaking. Cool.
    ·
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    can we bring back short-media for the tech now that IC will forever be a MLP hub
    ·
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    can we bring back short-media for the tech now that IC will forever be a MLP hub
    Don't hate, tolerate.
    ·
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    Convert Icrontic into MLP fan site. Revive Short Media. Nuke Icrontic from space.

It's the only way to be sure.
    ·
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    *head desk*
    ·
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    Well, at least they got the Rainbow Dash part correct, since she is best pony.
    ·
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Excellent progress here, I think Fatcat just reached stage 3 of the Kubler Ross model and acceptance is not far off.
    ·
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I always knew icrontic would receive the respect and attention it deserved.
    ·
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I always knew icrontic would receive the respect and attention it deserved.
    And for all the right reasons too.
    ·
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    Amazing. Well, I must admit it was UPSLynx's pony article that brought me back to Icrontic after so many years, I just had to find out what the hell it was all about.

Ponies = good PR for Icrontic
    ·
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Uh, congrats?
    ·
  • JengoJengo Sedro-Woolley, WA | USA
    But I love ponies :)
    ·
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    So much hate for something that can be ignored.
    ·
  • ]UPS[ Lynx]UPS[ Lynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    This thread is delicious.
    ·
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    If it brings in more viewers, I'm all for it. And this is coming from a known MLP does-not-enjoyer.
    ·
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Milford, OH Icrontian
    <- Does not understand the ponies, but nice to get the IC name out there.
    ·
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Royal Oak MI.
    OMG PONIES!!
    ·
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Where the hell did they even get that screenshot?
    ·
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I am so happy right now.

Best part about all this? It's Derpy Day.
    ·
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
    haxx.
    ·
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    None of the people who hate on Icrontic for being popular for ponies do anything to change that perception; create the kind of content YOU want Icrontic to be. BE THE CHANGE.
    ·
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Excellent progress here, I think Fatcat just reached stage 3 of the Kubler Ross model and acceptance is not far off.
    yea but I started with stage 5, so I guess anger is next followed by denial
    ·
  • ]UPS[ Lynx]UPS[ Lynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    It was just before one of our streams. I remember it, might have been a Saturday one, but I remember talking to the 'unnamed' person, who would turn out to be an editor from Max PC...
    ·
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Did they ask permission to print your logo?
    ·
  • As I said on The Facebook (Yes Thrax. Get off my lawn!) it's better than being known for ManTouch. I believe we had Mondi to thank for that one.
    ·
  • {IC}HIDDEN{IC}HIDDEN Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    As I said on The Facebook (Yes Thrax. Get off my lawn!) it's better than being known for ManTouch. I believe we had Mondi to thank for that one.
    He has a point... :D

·
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Did they ask permission to print your logo?
    Probably from Synctube, who got permission from Lynx, who presumably had permission from IC.

I can't wait to buy a copy.

-Digi
    ·
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    They don't need permission to print the logo anymore than we need permission to put company logos on our news articles.
    ·
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    As I said on The Facebook (Yes Thrax. Get off my lawn!) it's better than being known for ManTouch. I believe we had Mondi to thank for that one.
    Why was my name invoked for this?
    ·
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Clearly because ManTouch.
    ·
    edited Mar 2012
    Mantouch was a -tk original
    ·
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    This is awesome. That is all.... As you were Bronies.
    ·
    Bought my copy of Maximum earlier today. It's glorious.
    ·
    I should go out and find one.
    ·
  • LightningRunnerLightningRunner NovaTheBro Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario Member
    edited Mar 2012
    This is just epic >w< been a follower of Maximum PC for ages, and now this? Too much win to contain excitement *squeeee*..... ok I'm done, I think lol
    Aside from that, I shall go grab a copy when I embark on my quest to get a pony (yeah, still gotta do that), and read the now 20% cooler issue XD
    ·
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    *helpless laughter* SO EXCELLENT
    ·
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    This site was in Maximum PC? Cool. I'll have to look for it at the store. Did they specifically mention me and all my opinions? :D
    ·
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    I was at work when I read this, so I ran from the break room and went flying down the escalator to see if I could find the magazine. It wasn't out on the shelf yet... which was disappointing considering I'd just run down an escalator while wearing a skirt to see it.

Icrontic: It gets people flashed.
    ·
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    So much hate for something that can be ignored.
    ^

·
    I will buy this, and then encase it in dolomite so that it will be in pristine condition forever.
    ·
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    Turn Icrontic into a front for a glue factory. Nobody will know.
    ·
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    hahahaha
    ·
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    You, sir, win the thread.
    ·
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    /thread
    ·
  • My quest to stop ponygeddon, has failed. New quest accepted DESTROY ALL BRONIES
    ·
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    <- Does not understand the ponies, but nice to get the IC name out there.
    I do concur sir!
    ·
  • {IC} cola{IC} cola part legend, part devil... all man Right behind you Icrontian
    My quest to stop ponygeddon, has failed. New quest accepted DESTROY ALL BRONIES
    ·
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I love how there are the people who actively go out of their way to bash on ponies. It's like they're so insecure that they believe people will think they like it if they don't lash out against it at every opportunity. It's cute really.

As for the article in the magazine, they were going do a bit on Synchtube and ponies or not I think it's good publicity that they happened to stumble into our channel. Especially considering there are much more active and well known Synchtube channels going they could have used.
    ·
    edited Mar 2012
    I love how there are the people who actively go out of their way to bash on ponies. It's like they're so insecure that they believe people will think they like it if they don't lash out against it at every opportunity. It's cute really.

As for the article in the magazine, they were going do a bit on Synchtube and ponies or not I think it's good publicity that they happened to stumble into our channel. Especially considering there are much more active and well known Synchtube channels going they could have used.
    ^This

Also on Rainbow Dash being associated with Icrontic, that can't possibly be a bad thing. Think about it the best, most awesome pony in the whole show is being associated with the best, most awesome internet community in the world.
    ·