Fight for America in Assassins Creed 3

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I am seriously so goddamn pumped. AC is my favorite series in gaming, bar none.

I am going to MURDER me some redcoats.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Since I know someone has to say it eventually: AMERICA!
    I was not expecting Late 18th Century. Not that that's problem. Looks to be tons o' fun. I wonder what historical figures we'll meet.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    What.
    American revolution.
    What.

Actually, this sounds really awesome.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    So, Washington stole the apple from the Brits. Fkkin haxx man.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    Wow, this sounds incredible. I just realized that I haven't beaten Revelations yet! D-:
  • ChoochBinh Nguyen K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    To be honest, I still need to pick up Revelations! D=
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    same here.
  • I never thought a bloodthirsty assasin would look so Patriotic, I just hope he has a wrist blade and a tomahawk to switch between
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    This game has officially gotten to the point where I have no idea what's going on.

Why is there an Assassin fighting Redcoats? Are they affiliated with the Templars? Why is an organization dedicated to maintaining balance and whatnot picking sides in a war?

Still going to play it though I can't help but feel that they're milking the series far too much and far too quickly.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    Given the native American trends in the assassin's clothing my feel is that he's going to be neutral in the war, and/or both parties are going to be made to look as bad as the other. 3 parties warring over items of Eden sounds plausible to me.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Alright here's another problem that just popped into my mind.

If the Pieces of Eden were created by the 'First Civilization' and in this world are pieces of religious (Or simply crazy as in the case of the Crystals Skulls, which don't ask me why are apparently Pieces of Eden) significance such as the Apple, Excalibur, the Ankh, Shroud of Turin etc. then why is the Declaration of Independence a Piece of Eden? Unless they do some weird wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff then it can't work as the Pieces of Eden were created by the 'First Civilization' whereas the Declaration of Independence wasn't itself created until 1776 which if the extinction of the 'First Civilization' and the loss of the knowledge of how to make Pieces of Eden is to be believed then it can't possibly work within the framework of their own story.

Also this so that my comment isn't purely a rant.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Who said the DoI was a PoE? Did I miss something?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    And even if it was, the first few games of the series have used images from a variety of time periods to show 'hidden' messages in them. My take is that this stuff stretches across a rather large expanse of time.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    And even if it was, the first few games of the series have used images from a variety of time periods to show 'hidden' messages in them. My take is that this stuff stretches across a rather large expanse of time.
    This is my understanding as well. At least, that's what I got from all of Subject 16's puzzles in AC2.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Alright here's another problem that just popped into my mind.

If the Pieces of Eden were created by the 'First Civilization' and in this world are pieces of religious significance such as the Apple, Excalibur, the Ankh, Shroud of Turin etc. then why is the Declaration of Independence a Piece of Eden?
    Becauese Uhmurica was the first country! You must be a commie if'n you don know it.

Also coming next Assassin's Creed 4: Modern Warfare
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    Looks like this one is going to give Ezio a run for his money.
  • BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I feel a sudden burst of clairvoyance. I see the following games parading into our future...

Assassin's Creed 4: Ezio vs. Nazi Germany
    Assassin's Creed 5: Ezio vs. Taliban
    Assassin's Creed 6: Star Wars Edition