Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O. 7 mouse review

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Damn. By the time I finished editing this review, I wanted one. I got to see it at CES and I had an idea that it was pretty groundbreaking, but damn...
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Holy Freaking Crap! If I didn't already have my Logitech gaming mouse I'd totally go and grab that.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Brought to you by Michael Bay. Nice review, Bobby.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    It looks like they took the top part of a joystick and made that their mouse.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    It's funny, we had this mouse pre-release, and it didn't ship with a manual of any type. I couldn't find any digital documentation online, either. So the more I played with it, the more I realized what I could do with it. Once I learned how to configure the modes, and then the frigging MODE SHIFT button came into play, game over. This beats the hell out of my old Logitech G5. I'll never look back.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    "A few Icrontic members tried using this mouse with my settings, and not a single one of them found it comfortable. I can’t blame them, they don’t know what it’s like to be giant."

I could have used it :)
  • UPSLynxBobby Miller :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    You're the only one, sledge!

The more I think about it, the more I want to try to play a game entirely with this mouse.
  • Looks like a transformer...
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Scares me a bit. Sounds amazing though.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    I've actually been wanting one of these for a while, I really wish I had the money for one of these :C
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    That mouse is freaking sweet!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I've been looking for this for near 4 months now. I can't find it at all over here.

le sigh
    Well, the M.M.O. 7 specifically only launched like a week ago. The R.A.T. has been out for a couple years though.
    Man, did they really news it up that far in advance? I never checked the release date. Well, here's hoping I see some stock soon.
  • BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I loves me some Razer mice, but... hmmm... I'll keep this one in mind. I will happily splurge on peripherals if they make using my computer more fun or practical.
    Man, did they really news it up that far in advance? I never checked the release date. Well, here's hoping I see some stock soon.
    They did hype it early, though I think this mouse was delayed for a bit. When I got this at CES, there was still no announced release date.
  • Great review - glad to hear you're liking it. Just want to add that you can set a profile to load at startup.

Just click the M.M.O.7 icon in your systray, right click the profile you want to set and then click Set As Startup Profile
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Great review - glad to hear you're liking it. Just want to add that you can set a profile to load at startup.

Just click the M.M.O.7 icon in your systray, right click the profile you want to set and then click Set As Startup Profile
    Sweet! Mad Catz Reprezentin'!

I was all like :rolleyes: when I started this article, but when I got to the "... plus a small button in the center that acts as both a 4-way directional pad, ..." my brain exploded and now I'm going to have to get one and use the extra pinky rests to plug up the grey matter leaking out my ears. I was seriously just thinking about how nice it'd be to have that functionality in a mouse a week ago. Mostly so I can Minecraft without a keyboard. I might try setting it up for my 360 controller just for gits and shiggles, though.

Anyway, awesome thorough review, that has probably sold me on it since my gaming mouse recently stopped mousing. Dropped off the arm of my chair one-too-many times. Speaking of, is this thing fairly robust?
    Geez, I somehow completely missed your post, Rich. Thank you so much for stopping by and clarifying that!
    Speaking of, is this thing fairly robust?
    It certainly feels the part. Every piece of this mouse is either metal (aluminum I believe) or sturdy plastic. Nothing feels hollow or cheap. Of course, with so many buttons on the edges of surfaces, they might take damage with heavy impact, but as an entire unit the mouse feels more robust than my Logitech G5
  • primesuspectBrian Ambrozy Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    This is now available
  • I own this mouse. It took me 5 hours to set it up for WoW. After I did it was amazing. but thats a lot of work to set it up
  • Blech, Mad Catz... Sorry but that company lost my loyalty after I purchased a few of their products. Namely Xbox controllers and a few other things. After a few months of gentle use, one controller began to carry a steady electric current straight into my flesh. The other one fell apart into its component pieces. And the third simply refused to work. The other Mad Catz items I purchased all just seemed to fall apart at the seams, no matter how careful I was.

As such... despite how good you may or may not think this mouse is, I'll never buy another Mad Catz product in my life. It is shit tier equipment, to be quite honest.
    I appreciate your sentiment - it was definitely true of lots of their console peripherals - but the Cyborg line is a much higher tier, and can be considered quality gear.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yeah, I've actually had hands-on with this mouse. The fit and finish are undeniable. It's solid.
  • Hmm well, I suppose every company has to do one thing right, else they wouldn't stick around. I'll have to take your word for it. My past experiences for close to a decade with Mad Catz has been entirely negative. I don't think I can ever overcome that.
  • Hi all. I recently purchased this mouse and am planning on setting up my buttons for my characters on SWTOR. That being said, I really need to have some conversations with people about programming it. If anyone has experience doing this I would love to chat. As a heads up I have downloaded the one SWTOR downloadable profile I could find. This helped me get started with programming it but I have run into a few issues and I know someone out there can help. I just have not been able to get in contact with them. please help
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    What's your trouble?
  • Hi all, I'm having some trouble with my (precsion aim)! I'm not sure how to create a macro for it. The game I want to use it for is BattleField3 Please I need help!....