If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Icrontic Pony Streams!

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Rainbow Dash IS THE BEST PONY and you can all take that to the fucking bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    Actually I'll send it to the MOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooonnnnnnaaaaaa!
    Also do you all not like that clip? Every time it was in the playlist it was either skipped all together or as it begin, so I stopped trying to add it.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Which clip? I didn't mean to skip it, I can't think of many clips that are disliked enough for me to remove them (GG ALLIN, maybe......) Things get chaotic when everyone is dumping in clips though, so I very well may have passed it over.
    I'll link it on the image thread. When I get the time.
    A poll from last night on the status of @cola:

• colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    Two of you can suck mah nuts.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Mountains Icrontian
    Present them.
    Anyone up for a stream tomorrow? I just realized that next week, I have Icrontic visitors for the most of the week. I don't want to keep you guys waiting for three weeks.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    You're not gonna believe this shit- the new episode got leaked early.

Lynx is taking the necessary measures. We're doing this TOMORROW. We'll all see the episode for the first time AT THE SAME TIME.

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #21 brought to you in
    part by CAPRI SUN, MINECRAFT, and iTUNES' EFF UP!

iTunes done GOOFED!

Holy balls you guys, iTunes messed up in the worst way. They leaked this Saturday's upcoming episode early! So now, we have two new episodes to watch before the world gets the second one. I've downloaded a copy of the episode, so we're certain to have the chance to watch the new one, no matter how many takedowns happen.

It's going to have to be tomorrow (Thursday) because of tight schedules. Hopefully you all can make it, this is going to be a special chance for ALL of us to see a new episode at the same time.

Day: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9th
    Time: 7:00PM PST (10:00PM EST)
    URL: http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx
    Place: Ventrillo
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

I can't wait. What an awesome bit of happenstance. Bring out your WODKA!

This is going to be SO AWESOME
    I know the harm (lol) has already been done, and my involvement won't matter, but I would still feel bad about watching it. So I'll probably skip that when you play it. Other then that looking forward to it.
    For the record, I'm STILL getting up on Saturday to watch the episode/Mare-A-Thon with everyone else. Saturday ponytime is still a special time, and I won't let this put me off of it.

...and you're welcome, Lynx. :p
    Oh yeah, I should have mentioned - Thanks to @BHHammy for making notice of this to me.

(happy now :P)
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    That is amazing, simply amazing this will be a stream to remember.

Big Mac x Cheerilee here we come
    The Dickclown Valentine's Weed-Smoking Day pony stream starts in an hour! Be there!
    I said I was going to relax on the insta-stream requests except for episodes that deserve it, and I'm following it.

Which is why I'm putting it out now. Today's episode was "The Last Roundup" tier. Pinkie Pie was at her absolute best in this episode. And there is no less than 4 songs- one huge one (the leaked song, finally!), one middle-sized, and two minis in the whole thing.

I REALLY think this calls for....A PARTY SATURDAY STREAM!
    I'd rather have a party but it's a Pinkie episode so I suppose they go hand in hand.

I'm totally up for it but I think Lynx is still out of town which raises the question of who'll host the stream.
    Are you serious? Well...I guess I could make my own Stream room or whatever, if that's how you host it, I guess.

I have no idea how to post an announcement to the STEAM group, though. Would anyone else be able to handle that?
    Can we do a stream tomorrow evening (Sunday)? I am finally back in town, but I'm grabbing dinner tonight with @Church4252 in San Francisco. No clue when I'll be back.

I need time to unwind and catch up, but I don't want to miss this one.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'll get in on a pony stream tomorrow as long as we don't start too late. :D
    edited Feb 2012
    Can we do a stream tomorrow evening (Sunday)? I am finally back in town, but I'm grabbing dinner tonight with @Church4252 in San Francisco. No clue when I'll be back.

I need time to unwind and catch up, but I don't want to miss this one.
    Ohhh, alright.

Am I still running it, or are you? Still got a whole slew of new videos to unleash on the unsuspecting Icrontian public.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Ohhh, alright.

Am I still running it, or are you? Still got a whole slew of new videos to unleash on the unsuspecting Icrontian public.
    Unsuspecting? Lawl.

Ohhh, alright.

Unsuspecting? Lawl.

Well you're not able to suspect which insane, weird videos I'm gonna be pulling out next, are you?
    So yep, stream in two hours, roughly (7PM PST/ 10PM EST) Won't be a massive stream like normal, we'll watch the awesome new episode and eff around for about 2 hours. Same place as usual: http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #22 brought to you in
    part by CAPRI SUN, EXPO ICRONTIC 2012, and SANIC HEGEHOG

GOTTA GO FAST

It's been awhile (heh, it's been, like, two weeks). There is no new pone to watch, but we should have a stream anyways for all the right reasons. Thursday, March 1st is Derpy Hooves Day. Derpy has had a bad couple of weeks, so we should celebrate with a stream and forget all the dumb drama that goes on around this stuff. (Yamino is a jerk!)

Day: THURSDAY, March 1st
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

I'd suggest gettin' crunk and then some WHISKEY LANE after the stream, but eff League of Legends. That game is a jerk :/

...it'll probably happen anyways.
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Am I still allowed to come to these?
    Am I still allowed to come to these?
    Why wouldn't you be allowed to come to a stream?

Hrm Stream then league...I can dig it.
    Absolutely @Annes, but only if you get belligerent every time sad pony is on screen.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Guess you guys aren't going to the stronghold with us eh?

-Digi
    BALLS.

Yeah, we gotta reschedule this stream. Might have to happen Wednesday instead.
  • LightningRunnerLightningRunner NovaTheBro Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario Member
    Think I'll be joining this stream, hopefully. Here's to hoping I don't have to baby sit my three nephews =p
    edited Feb 2012
    I need your input, everyone. Stream tomorrow evening, or early next week (Monday possibly)?

Next week we'll have a new episode, where this week we have nothing new to watch.
    Well I know I can make both dates, so whatever works with most is ok with me. Granted that doesn't mean I should attend cause I have midterms next week and a lot of work this week. Again whatever works.
    edited Feb 2012
    Aside from the fact that I can "pony up" content myself if necessary to make this work, we still have yet to watch "Rainbow Dash Presents: Captain Hook the Biker Gorilla" which is actually longer than a full MLP episode.

It's not like if we have a stream tonight that we can't still have a stream next week.

Remember, part of this is for remembering the good times with Derpy and celebrating the life of our favorite mailmare, even if they decided to correct her for ONE EPISODE. One of the requirements for the stream will be watching the UNEDITED version of The Last Roundup, along with whatever Derpy-related things we can find.

Oh, and maybe we'll watch a bit of that crazy stuff Hammy finds around the internet. It's all good.

If it ends up being a smaller stream, then that's perfectly fine with me. I may run one tonight even if we don't have an official stream. Scratch that, I may not be able to, due to multitasking.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Should the synchtube room be looping nothing but this crap?
    Should the synchtube room be looping nothing this crap?
    How to into English?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    (also fixt)

When's the next stream anyways?
    I quite like it been listening to it for oh about 5 min now.

Still why is this on the stream all of a sudden?
  • oni_delsoni_dels M.I.A. Icrontian
    like i said on the last LOEI (tf2), my lesbian friend is tryin to convince me to watch this, and i mean i can't say no to a lesbian, nor can i to icrontic... curently downloading all episodes released so far... guess i'll see you ladies an gents thursday?
    edited Mar 2012
    and i mean i can't say no to a lesbian,
    *takes out of context* Oni has serious swag.

On a more related note Thursday would be the next best day for me cause I will have finished all my midterm obligations AND I will lose access to a computer till a few days later.
    Next stream is Thursday. Will update the post soon.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Next stream is Thursday. Will update the post soon.

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #22 brought to you in
    part by CAPRI SUN, DAT ASS EFFECT 3, and SANIC HEGEHOG

GOTTA GO FAST

It's been awhile (heh, it's been, like, two weeks). There is no new pone to watch, but we should have a stream anyways for all the right reasons. We were supposed to have this stream in honor of Derpy Day, but stuff got effed. Anyways, Tomorrow!

Day: THURSDAY, March 8th

I'd suggest gettin' crunk and then some WHISKEY LANE after the stream, but eff League of Legends. That game is a jerk :/

...it'll probably happen anyways.
    I'd say "Holy copy-pasta batman!" but you did actually change a few things, except there is a new episode to watch. Sorta
    Just a heads up - something seems wrong with my synchtube room. Cola and I are working on it, but we may need to pull a last minute audible. Be here or in vent for futher info.

Basil's anime loop might have broke it o.O
    Ok, we think it's working. Let me know if any of you have issues.

synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx
    edited Mar 2012
    man. That was a fun stream. Some of the most fun I've had in a stream for a long time. We saw some old faces ( @thracks, @primesuspect, @BuddyJ), Jimmeh hung out the entire time, and we actually got to the end of a playlist. And, of course, Maximum PC showed up early on for a few minutes! The legend lives on. Five and a half hours of pony. So much fun.

I'm.... I'm so sorry for that Derpy video :( I feel sad just thinking about it.
    I'll once again state for the record that Tim and Eric DO NOT hold the copyright/monopoly on Camp and Absurdist humor. Therefore, these things DO NOT automatically equal Tim and Eric.

I'm already sick to death of seeing things being compared to....-that- when they're not, but The Aquabats are barely even close. Most of what you saw on the stream that night has been The Aquabats' schtick since they first started out in the late 90's. The made-up commercials and a couple of other things are actually holdovers from their live shows (which are awesome). The jump from them being on stage to this show wasn't a terribly far jump- they'd actually fight costumed super-villains on stage and everything.

Most of you probably haven't really heard about/looked into the band. I get that. And I figured not all of the humor might be your cup of tea. I understand. But don't be drawing parallels as drastic as freaking TIM AND ERIC on things you don't understand. That's just insulting.

I'd figure at least the most basic clue would be that The Aquabats actually have -jokes-. With a -punchline-. Not "OH HEY. Look how crazy/weird/gross/awkward this is! There's supposed to be a joke here but SURPRISE, there is none! Isn't the lack of a joke FUNNY you guys?" (PS: That's ANTI-HUMOR. It actually is a thing. Be educated.)

I don't hate Tim and Eric, the people (they directed those freaky-ass Old Spice commercials, which are great, plus a few other good things), but that show of their's....I'd wonder how in the hell it stays on the air, but then I remember it's on Adult Swim.

If you don't like something, that's ok. But THINK before you go tossing something in the same boat as that show. Especially around folks who might not know what exactly's going on.

(Also keep in mind that last night was a Pilot Episode. New shows tend to need a couple of episodes before they hit their stride anyways. Just look at MLP:FiM.)
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    This was a great pony stream. It was awesome to return to such a good one. :)