Taco Bell and ICHQ Detroit

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Taco Bell giveth and taketh away.
    Am I the only one who thinks Taco Bell is some sort of crazy taco-based cult?

• I can't believe you guys like Taco Bell so much, but seeing as you do I'm sorry that this is an issue. I could always make you guys tacos when I visit if you want something authentic and delicious.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The new house is only a couple of miles away from Mexicantown, which has a massive concentration of Mexican people, touristy Mexican restaurants, and so-authentic-it-hurts Mexican restaurants for the locals.

It's definitely not even remotely at ALL about authenticity. It has nothing to do with tacos or Mexican food. It's about super salty, totally American fast food.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    When you want Taco Bell you most certainly do not want Mexcian. You want Taco Bell. Nothing else in the world tastes like that Taco Bell meat. Sometimes you just gotta have it.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Also, for those of you who don't know, you can buy taco bell seasoning packets for making your own tacos. It's definitely not exactly the same as getting real taco bell, but it's my favorite mix by far:

http://www.amazon.com/Taco-Bell-Seasoning-1-25-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B000E1FZJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331233849&sr=8-1
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    so-authentic-it-hurts Mexican restaurants
    There's a reason why ICHQ has a Champion.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    When you want Taco Bell you most certainly do not want Mexcian. You want Taco Bell. Nothing else in the world tastes like that Taco Bell meat. Sometimes you just gotta have it.
    This. Taco Bell is not real Mexican, and real Mexican does not satisfy the craving for Taco Bell.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

This. Taco Bell is not real Mexican, and real Mexican does not satisfy the craving for Taco Bell.
    Even Del Taco does not satisfy when attempting to use as a quick substitute.
    That's because Del Taco tries to be authentic and you just can't fake that. Taco Bell makes absolutely no overtures towards being "Mexican" food.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    We actually had a long discussion about this on Twitter. It's never been about authenticity (Though I LOVE Mexican food). It's about cheap, delicious Americanized food. Taco Bell is the best of the best. It's my favorite place to eat for so many reasons.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    One time CB ordered a chalupa at an authentic Mexican restaurant because someone had erroneously informed him that it was like Taco Bell's chalupa.

Hilarity ensued.
    hahaha! That's so great!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Thumbs up from Myself and Sugar Cheryl

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    I didn't even think it was supposed to be vaguely an at
    One time CB ordered a chalupa at an authentic Mexican restaurant because someone had erroneously informed him that it was like Taco Bell's chalupa.

Hilarity ensued.
    I thought that it would at least be somewhat similar, like the same general composition or arrangement of ingredients or something. I mean the Taco bell taco is not a mexican taco, but it's meat and cheese in a shell... Nope. A chalupa is aparently something completely different, and not at all tasty.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    All I know is now I want a beef and potato burrito smothered in hot sauce AND IT'S ALL ICRONTIC'S FAULT. I don't have sufficient points to splurge on TBell today damnit.
    The Dorito Taco Loco is 15g of carbs. That means I can eat two comfortably, three if I was really desperate.

Moral of the story: Low-carb dieters can enjoy the insanity of the Dorito taco, even if it's just one.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Tried it today. It's pretty good. Also tried Taco Beall's steak while I was there. It's not so good.
    Agreed. Their steak anything is the weak side of the TB menu.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Bitches don't know 'bout my steak grilled stuffed burrito XXL. It's extra beefy.
  • bjbroderickbjbroderick Clinton Township, MI
    I understand the whole Taco Bell is not mexican food argument. I myself am addicted to baja sauce. But at the same time, if I lived closer to a 5 guys I would not go to Burger King, if you know what I'm saying.

Except I am addicted to BK mayo...
  • That's because Del Taco tries to be authentic and you just can't fake that. Taco Bell makes absolutely no overtures towards being "Mexican" food.
    I hate to do it, but I'd argue that Del Taco does not at all try to act authentic. They are fast food and they know it. Anystuff, I'll try to take everyone on a taco bell run this year, sounds like a blast. I like their food too, just not as much I think.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    The Doritos Loco Taco is delicious... I partook of some last night...
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I tried the Doritos Loco Taco and its good.
    Last night, I created something wonderful. A Cheesy Gordita Crunch with a Doritos Locos shell inside. Your body is not ready.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm actually not a fan of the Dorito taco but then again I don't care much for Doritos. Gonna stick with Volcano burritos/tacos.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    i wqnt taco belø
    edited March 2012
    i wqnt taco belø
    That's their slogan for 2013. That's the new version of "Yo quiero Taco Bell"
  • Normality restored.

It is a thing of beauty
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    ITS SOOO GOOD!!!