If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Images with overloads of Ponies

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    http://equinox23.deviantart.com/#/d4rjlkb

We've also broken 2k replies to this thread :D
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Ready for this? It's another artist spotlight!

Meet Dreatos, (a.k.a. Valcron (prefers this)) a digital artist who resides in the US. His pony pieces (lol) are regularly featured on EQD, so you may have seen something of his before ( I know you have. Cola has made sure of this.) He's done a few comics, "baby" pictures, fic "covers", and more. He generally shoots for cute or humorous in his style, and mostly humorous in his comments. A combo in which he does well.

Now behold the fruit of his labors! (The images are links to their home.)

"Reading Glasses"

image "Further Beyond" There is a comic related to this one.

image "itteh bitteh cotton candeh commiteh" (I love this title)

image "Drama Queen" I laughed.

image "Flutterpaint" Say daww

As a final note Valcron runs a (SFW) Tumblr for Scratch: Ask Dj p0n3

"I say"
    Good day, gentlemen.

(soooooo much code, it burns)

@ comic: Saw that earlier, couldn't stop laughing.

@ 2k: All according to plan.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..

LMAO!!!

• UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    That Rarity couch comic is hilarious. I love her look as she's peeking over the edge.
    That Rarity couch comic is hilarious. I love her look as she's peeking over the edge.
    That's actually the loose second part of a previous comic he did. I didn't post it cause I'm trying to encourage the exploration of the artist's gallery.
    That comic from earlier
    makes much sense to this without messing the joke up lol

• IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Anyone remember this old show?
    edited Mar 2012
    Welp.

(Iron Will is best minotaur.)
    That Pony Effect comic is a perfect representation of what Icrontic will be tomorrow.

And awww yeah Archie's weird mysteries.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I've already asked half my friends what their March Break/next few weeks will be comprised of...it's the same answer every time.
    edited Mar 2012
    Not me. I still haven't even played Mass Effect 2 yet.

Blacklight Retribution will be where I'm at. (Which is an awesome free-to-play game that's come into Open Beta this past weekend, and is actually -really- awesome.)
    I'm in sorta the same boat Hammy. Except I have played some of Mass Effect 2. Just haven't been able to complete it and move on.
    Hey hey! Look at that yet another game where Rainbow kicks Twilight's ass! Every. Single. Time.
    Hey hey! Look at that yet another game where Rainbow kicks Twilight's ass! Every. Single. Time.
    Ikr? Too bad there's no Rarity ass in that pic for you :P
    SO GLAD they put "Tardy!" as the fail text in that game.

Ikr? Too bad there's no Rarity ass in that pic for you :P
    You...you...you are completely in the right to make that comment...

What's this talk about Rarity plot?
    edited Mar 2012
    You too Rahnal?...Alrighty then I suppose if everyone is involved I just have to go ahead and accept it eh?

So, you guys win...you finally win...all that holding out and it's come down to this. You have it in writing.

...I love Rarity...

And just because of how relevant this is to the super-troll.

edited Mar 2012
    That video is very relevant.

Because Spike/Rarity's already canon.

But that would mean...oooooh. That sucks, man.

AND THEN HAMMY TOOK THAT TROLL AND TURNED IT UP TO AN 11!!!!!!!!!

You too Rahnal?...Alrighty then I suppose if everyone is involved I just have to go ahead and accept it eh?
    Let me clear something up. I never said anything about how I feel about Rarity. Two of you mentioned Rarity. I happened to find something incredibly relevant. I kinda get nit-picky when I get lumped into something I'm not.

For clarity though: Is she best pony to me? Do I "love" her? Nope and nope. Far from it. Did I unintentionally help you confess? Yes.

If you don't know by now then I'll go hide in my corner.

Have some more crossovers.

"Sailor Twilight" by tygerbug

"Handsome AwesomeDash" by caffeinejunkie
    Didn't mean it like that mate, just most of the guys have been trolling me for about a month now about my burning passion for Rarity. I just thought you posted that to troll me. No harm done eh? :D
    edited Mar 2012
    Well I didn't take it as offensive or anything (you'd have to try pretty freaking hard to be offensive to me.) I was just saying that I was not part of any trolling nor had it in mind. I honestly lose track of all the banter that goes between you all, nor do I really try to take part. I just sit back and watch or stoke the fire a little bit. Speaking of ...
    @BHHammy I LOL'ed at the hover tip on that discord pic!

I DAAWWW at that clip every time @Ilriyas. Thanks for reminding me how good it is.
    edited Mar 2012
    I DAAWWW at that clip every time @Ilriyas. Thanks for reminding me how good it is.
    Now that I've actually gotten over Rarity's inane whining from Season 1 (Yes I actually got over that, I'm not just following the troll. I'm genuinely starting to like her as a character) I've been watching a few of the episodes and that scene stands out to me, gives me a feel. Whether it's because the scene is emotionally charged and DAWWWW worthy or because I'm jealous of Spike...I'm not quite sure yet.
    Saw this on my subscriptions page on youtube this morning thought I'd check it out. I think the PMV is awesome shivers down my spine the whole time I was watching it.

That was pretty dang good. Seems like the audio de-synched a touch in the upload, some of the beats were just a bit off. Awesome enough, though, so whatever.

Though I do wish PMVers would stop using the Sonic Rainboom was an accent point in videos. I mean, I get it, it's one of the biggest moments of the show and tips off a crescendo very well, but it's been done a million and one times now. Kind of like the LOUDER bit from Dash used in YTPMVs.
    Yeah Bronyvids said that there were a few issues with the audio, but as he was just experimenting with a new technique/style he's happy with how it turned out.

On that point I agree completely, I've watched Sonic Rainboom around 9 times or so since I began watching MLP. My first reaction to seeing it has by far been the most extreme but I always found myself with a huge smile whenever I saw it in episode. Now however I think it's losing some of its magic (At least out of episode, in episode the build up towards, and the execution of the Rainboom has never felt any less amazing) because it's being used in literally every RD featured PMV.
    I still nurse a bit of a grudge against Sonic Rainboom these days.

They way they played out Rarity in that one made me -hate- her for the rest of the season, until she redeemed herself (mostly) at the Gala...which, now that I've realized how much of a great character she is, kind of makes me frown at it.

That and the 80's-style bullies are pretty stupid. They're boring at best, and eye-rollingly cliche at worst.

"Yaygate", the tour of the weather factory, and of course Rainbow's CROWNING MOMENT OF AWESOME make it a pretty good episode, though. Plus it's the first time seeing Cloudsdale, and hearing the Wonderbolts talk.

And plus, well.
    Drag-Queen Rarity.
    Why can't I hold all this fabulousness?
    Wish I would have found this yesterday as opposed to this morning, it would have been fantastic for the stream:

edited Mar 2012
    I'm bleh on "Putting your Hoof down", but Iron Will is just amazing.

That's why I'm BHHammy, and this is currently my favorite AskBlog on Tumblr.

IRON WILL SAYS THE FIRST STEP TO MEETING A GIRL IS TO MEET A GIRL!
    Seriously bookmarked. If you want more, go check it out.
    yay. This will help increase my "Iron Alistar" quotes.
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Bronies, I am looking for a new pony wallpaper. Whatchu got? SadPony is acceptable as long as she's not the focus of the image.
    edited Mar 2012

@annes - Probably will have to crop it vertically, but otherwise~
    edited Mar 2012
    'how to tame your krogan'

so good!

@Annes - these should hold you over for awhile:

Spoiler:
    image fun with the transcribe audio captions

Big Mac vs Applebloom wip by mickeymonster

A quick Pinkie Pie swf
    edited Mar 2012
    ^ Sums up my Saturday. Only awake 6 hours.
    edited Mar 2012

(Yes, I am aware that this is parodying a classic ad.)

The really impressive thing is how they were able to imitate that dot magazine printing. It really does look like it was clipped out an old comic book.
    Rarity's expression in the penultimate panel. lol Plus the little "ship ship" nudge nudge bit.
    Schizopie did a great job with the filters. Really looks like a scan and not a digital piece
    hahaha yeah, the ship ship got me. That's awesome. Reminds me of Hammy's classic sexist commercials that pop up in the streams.