Blizzard offering free Cataclysm upgrades to woo players back to World of Warcraft

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Hmmm.. bring my mage from 36 straight to 80?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    A game full of end game characters who dont know how to play their class? sounds more frustrating than fun to me.
  • A game full of end game characters who dont know how to play their class? sounds more frustrating than fun to me.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    They fear Guild Wars 2
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    They fear Guild Wars 2 everything that's eating into their profits
    fixed
  • KoreishBrad Meyer I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    With all the free MMO's out there that are basically the same thing I can't imagine why Blizzard would be doing this.
  • ChoochBinh Nguyen K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I still would not go back...
  • BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I played back before the first expansion. I got to level 40, realized I was bored, and quit.

If I were to jump back in at level 80, I would become disinterested that much faster.

Blizzard tries BRIBE!!! It's not very effective...
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    This along with the canning of employees I've heard about, and the cancellation of the convention, doesn't send a good message.

On it's own, very nice incentives, but like mentioned, the game already suffered greatly by people who didn't know their class because they don't need to to hit max level.

I'll likely still play a bit with the wife when the pandas come out, but otherwise it just doesn't hold the interest for me it used to, incentives or not.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    I want my epic Phoenix mount, Ashes of Al'ar. And if Blizzard has to give away Cataclysm upgrades, then WoW must be on the way out.
  • ChoochBinh Nguyen K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    They have been working on a secret new MMO for about a good 2-3 years now. WoW has been on their way out since Lich King
  • That was painfully obvious when they moved half their dev staff to their new project prior to cataclysm.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    Lol they lost their players to LoL :b I'm not sure that they're going to get em back.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    WOTLK was the last expansion in the coffin for me. Dumbed it down too much and the game lost its charm. No challenge + gormless credit card wielding twelve year olds was too much. RIP WoW.