ICTown News?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
I'm thinking we could maybe have a thread for daily news.

If we create a format standard for stories, we could have anyone who had server activity post in it, i.e:

STORY TITLE
Date
Byline

Story Content

etc...

It would help those of us who don't play every day stay up to date on developments in town and during group play sessions.

Thoughts?

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Most of the field for Great Icrontian Ballpark has been leveled. Just need to finish a bit more down the left field line and then fill out the outfield as it was on the edge of the ocean. Things are coming along pretty well. You can go and run the bases as they have been placed.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I like this idea. If I have time to do some wrap ups on a weekly basis I will do my best.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Too tired to follow any format for news stories. The sheep farm is being greatly expanded and reworked, please do not do anything to change blocks in that area right now. Ideally when this is done (hopefully tomorrow) people will no longer have to run around shearing sheep for great lengths of time and finish with a small amount of the color(s) they want and a lot of other colors they don't need. Sheep will be separated by color and put in 25x25 pens. The number of each color of sheep will likely be increased by 5-6 times their current numbers depending on how much room there is in the pen after I start moving them. The goal is to make it so the sheep aren't packed into such a small space that they start clipping through the fence due to their numbers but also have enough of them that when people are collecting wool they won't have to wait long (or hopefully at all) for the wool to regrow, thus allowing people to gather large amounts of the color they need very quickly. It's a bit of a mess right now but it's coming together very well I think and should be complete soon. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated as this is a much bigger project than I thought it would be when I started tearing down a mountain this morning. Also, I could really use any wood planks people are willing to donate. If you have spare I would be grateful if you put it in the community donations box near spawn or any of the chests in my house. Thanks in advance for any help :D
    I approve of this plan! I am going to need a ton of green, yellow and brown wool for the Great Icrontian Ballpark.
    edited February 2012
    Snowballs in Hell

The Nether Blaze XP Farm is now functional. To work around the fact that we can not hit their feet, use snowballs. From the Blaze Farm there is a portal in the room next to it. Through the portal is a snow farm. Take a couple of shovels and fill up on snowballs. Then back at the farm press the 1. Restart button. Once a few blazes are in the chamber press the 2. Crush button. As with most mobs, blazes glitch and while they are being suffocated you may not be able to see them. After the suffocation blocks retract, simply throw a snowball at each blaze to collect delicious XP and blaze rods.

To get to the grinder bring a cart and take the Nether Portal at spawn, there is a ladder around the corner on the other side with a sign indicating the XP Farm. Take the rail there and you will be dropped off at the XP Farm.

This blaze farm is my baby, it is my favorite thing. If you would like a tour of it and how it works, all you need do is simply ask. DO NOT edit my XP Farm. I will not be a happy boy if this were to happen.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    It's really pretty incredible, if you haven't seen it go check it out soon.
    Exactly 2 weeks to the hour after the restart, all 60 plots are claimed representing 51 Icrontians. That is so Rad.

-Digi
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    WOOT!!! that blaze farm is amazing digi!!!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    B1 is still open unless someone PM'd you and it never got posted to the request thread.
    B1 is still open unless someone PM'd you and it never got posted to the request thread.
    Yup, spoken for but not in the thread.

-Digi
    The new and improved Skittle Farm is complete enough for it's intended use. I still need to add a few sheep to some pens but that won't take very long. Still don't breed, dye, or kill sheep and keep gates closed so they don't get out. There will be 20 sheep in each pen once I finish breeding them which should be enough to let people shear them endlessly without waiting for wool to grow back (already tested). If this isn't the case let me know and I'll look into adding some more. There is a storage chest in the center of each pen for keeping extra wool of that color and each chest has 5 shears. Please don't take shears out of one pen and put them in a chest in a different pen or put wool in a pen of a different color. I will add more shears as necessary. Hope this creates a fast supply of wool, have fun.

• Nice!
    The Great Icrontican Field has been laid out and the fences are up. We need to fill out the rest of the field and then start replacing the filler blocks with the colored wool that we need. I have set up a donation box on the field (or you could use the one in my house in town) and I could use all the brown, green, white and yellow wool that anyone has to spare.
    Feel free to clean out whatever is in the chests in the sheep farm for that.
    Not ICTown news but some 3rd Grade students in one of my classes today asked if they could write a story based on a video game. I said sure, and found out they are going to write a story about Minecraft. LOL I thought that was awesome and they kinda looked at me in disbelief when I said that I played Minecraft too. :-)
    Not ICTown news but some 3rd Grade students in one of my classes today asked if they could write a story based on a video game. I said sure, and found out they are going to write a story about Minecraft. LOL I thought that was awesome and they kinda looked at me in disbelief when I said that I played Minecraft too. :-)
    He has no idea. Going to share some screenshots of the Baseball Field when you are done?

-Digi

Absolutely!!
  • I got the tour of the Blaze grinder last night and I am terrifically impressed. That was awesome. Watching the timer in action was really neat. Thanks Bobby!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I need to get one of those (tour).
    I need to get one of those (tour).
    I may be able to do that if we are both on tonight at some point. That brings me to my news:

I will be out of town from Wednesday til Sunday. I will not have access to log into Minecraft. I will still have my phone/Icrontic.com access so any communications to me please send me a PM. I will work with my fellow admins to make things happen if there are any issues.

Please do your best to spread the word to those that may not read the forum. Taking advantage of my absence will not be taken lightly.

Please be good miners and even better please be good humans.

-Digi
  • Digi out of town? AWWW YEAAAAHHHHHHHH

Have Flint, will travel!!
    edited February 2012
    I will be out of town from Wednesday til Sunday. I will not have access to log into Minecraft.

• When Digi's away.... I AM THE TIN POT DICTATOR RULING WITH AN IRON FIST.

Banalltheplayers.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    *has stocked up on extra TNT* ;)
    We've started to present options on the layout of the Warehouse. There is a corner concept setup next to the grand central plot. Currently the plan is for a set of chests for each item on the ground floor, personal lockers on the second floor and mass storage in the basement. Take a look and let us know your thoughts!

-Digi

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Saw it last night with you guys, and it was looking amazing. I love the idea of it wrapping around the disco ball library, and how it's going to have architectural elements like roman-style pillars, etc.

The lockers are a great idea for noobz to use as temp storage. And we always need more places to stock excess cobblestone. Perhaps entire areas reserved for common blocks such as cobble, sand, and dirt (as it will need the most chests).
    And we always need more places to stock excess cobblestone. Perhaps entire areas reserved for common blocks such as cobble, sand, and dirt (as it will need the most chests).
    That is the idea behind "mass storage in the basement". Each item on teh ground floor will have 1 set of 6 chests. 99% of the items will never fill a chest let alone 6. For the ones that do, the mass storage will be the overflow.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I was thinking, why not put glass blocks above the chests in the lockers, allowing for a third row, or a second row with a layer of more furnaces below?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    The rainbow pole in the middle of my property, place by Digi & Canti to mark my plot, now extends in rainbow fashion all the way to bedrock (added a few blocks above ground too). Glass is installed at ground level & in basement to marvel. It's rainbows all the way down.