Mass Effect 3 trailer gets extended

13»

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Bioware has said major people will die in ME3 and there won't be shit you can do about it. #dealwithit
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I should have expected as much. More company for the Turian general I put a hit on last night I suppose.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    yea there is a lot of rage towards Bioware right now, and not even for the DLC
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Another equally viable explanation is that the assets were complete and shipped with the GM disc, but the remaining DLC content (scripting, audio, etc.) were not done in time. Why wouldn't you package as many files as you could into the retail download, rather than wacking people with a massive DLC file later?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Why waste space on a disk or download and install for those who aren't going to bother with the DLC? You've made it easier for those who want to buy the DLC, and made it worse for those who don't want it.

Optional content, optional install. Don't put assets on my PC for the sake of doing it.
    Of course, if a plurality of your playerbase is going to purchase the DLC, it still makes sense. ;) Plus, those assets can be re-used for any other DLC (free or otherwise) along the way.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I wasn't going to get the Prothean to begin with, but now I might since I don't have to purchase DLC. Thanks Bioware.
    The DLC fills in SO MUCH back story, must have for the die hard Mass Effect fan
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    It would seem we have differing views. I guess I haven't played it without, so I can't be sure, but there's really only one scene I had where having him with me made a distinct difference and filled in information.
    I'm a Mass Effect die hard and I haven't played a single DLC for any of the 3 games.

I effing hate DLC.
    Guess you're only a critically injured hard. Sorry, bro.
    edited March 2012
    It would seem we have differing views. I guess I haven't played it without, so I can't be sure, but there's really only one scene I had where having him with me made a distinct difference and filled in information.
    I didn't say difference, I said back story, yanno the 50,000 years between

Do you talk to all of your companions after every mission/side quest?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Mission yes. Crappy little "I lost my obelisk" side quests, no.