If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Icrontic St. Patty's 2012 (ICSP)

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    I am excite.
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    sooo... Is ICSP worth a short epic?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If it were me, I'd go for long expo
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Define "Short."
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Define "Short."
    As with all measurements, that is relative

IMG_0177

-Digi
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Texas Icrontian
    yay @upslynx i cant wait tall people hugssssss :)
    edited Mar 2012
    If I took Friday off, I'd have three remaining days of vacation for epic.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    WHY AM I SO HUGE
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Stand back. I'm bringing a date.
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    YESSSSSSSSSS.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadzooks that's awesome!
    AW SNAP.

ICSP BEST LAST ICHQ PARTY EVER
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    I fully expect a followup at the real event of the year. Some of us can't just cavort around the nation to attend parties to see dates
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    Hell yeah, dude! :D
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Giggles Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Are you SURE he's not bi? ;)
    So... in before Jimmy!

LV: Thursday 15th from ORD 9:30 PM
    AR: Thursday 15th at DTW 11:45 PM

LV: Sunday 18th from DTW 5:00 PM
    AR: Sunday 18th at ORD 5:25 PM

I can has late pickup plz?
    So... in before Jimmy!
    CannonFodder is dick.
    Gotta love the last minute commitments!

The amount of jimmeh/Cannon I've seen in the last few months... What a strange world.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Alright. I'm booking a hotel at the Fairfield. Is anyone interested in splitting it? It's only $51 for a King bed, or $59 for 2 doubles. Let me know if you want to stay with me, and I'll book the room with the double beds. One rule, no snoring. ;) Or you can't mind if I throw pillows at you if you do.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    I'm staying there Friday and Saturday night.
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    I have been instructed to comment or face the wrath of being called a poopy face forever by jackie. As this fate does not appeal to me, here goes! I'm an old friend of jackie's, and I'm moving to michigan soon, so I am coming to drink beer and make new friends wooo! Anyone in the ICR server last tues may remember a certain PsychicMuffin sniping the balls out of people. For those that have them. May or may not have been me. Sniping that is. I definitely have balls.
    I have been instructed to comment or face the wrath of being called a poopy face forever by jackie. As this fate does not appeal to me, here goes! I'm an old friend of jackie's, and I'm moving to michigan soon, so I am coming to drink beer and make new friends wooo! Anyone in the ICR server last tues may remember a certain PsychicMuffin sniping the balls out of people. For those that have them. May or may not have been me. Sniping that is. I definitely have balls.
    Psychic Muffin grew up in the house where I was made. And yes, that's how I'm going to introduce him all weekend.

He also forgot to mention that he's soon to be moving to Sterling Heights for work, which is why I'm insisting he come out and meet his new best local friends.

I might also be bringing several new pals from my grad program. Some of them Anne and Eli have met before, Ashley and Sarah.

Also, is anyone staying through Monday? Debating if I want to take off work and stick around that day, since I cannot be there until Friday night.
    Awesome! Glad to have you here @PsychicMuffin! Looking forward to meeting you.

@GnomeQueen Anne & Eli will be here thru the following Thurs to help work on the house.
    See Dad, PEOPLE DO MOVE TO DETROIT FOR JOBS!!
    More than he will ever admit.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I will be there till Tuesday.
    So... in before Jimmy!

Sure. What airline?

GQ - I'm leaving on Monday, though I think my flight is frigging early that day. Jimmeh is through Tuesday I think.
    A reminder to those attending who were at ICRENN - bring yo mugs!
  • lmorchardlmorchard Livonia, MI Icrontian
    I have added this to my calendar. Can I come?

Only bad thing is, I wish I'd planned better. I have 5 gallons of apfelwein and 5 gallons of an Arrogant Bastard clone brewing in my basement, but neither is probably ready to drink.
    @lmorchard Of course! You're always welcome, sir.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    FYI: For anyone interested, I'm bringing up two 10-gallon tubs full of old science-fiction and fantasy books. I'm going digital, and getting rid of all but a very few shelves of books. The hardbacks (the majority of my collection) all went to Half-Price books (in fact, they're paying for my drive and stay in Detroit this weekend :D ), but the paperbacks are not worth much on the market.

This isn't kruft though. I'm not pruning out the crap from my collection. This is all of my paperbacks, with the exception of a very few collectors items. There are classics here, and some rare and/or very old and interesting novels, which I've been collecting - and frequently culling the crap out of - for over 20 years. It'd be nice if they went to good homes. :)

Kyle and Perry have been promised first pick, but after they pick through, I'll let you guys at them first-come. Just find me sometime during the event (I'll be there at lunch on Saturday through lunch on Sunday) after the boys have had a riffle, and you can grab whatever you want from the bins. If you feel obliged to compensate me for the books - which is neither required nor expected - donations will go toward Giant Settlers (which is almost finished) :D
    So... in before Jimmy!

Sure. What airline?

American Airlines
    @CB Sweet, sound good!
    FYI: For anyone interested, I'm bringing up two 10-gallon tubs full of old science-fiction and fantasy books. I'm going digital, and getting rid of all but a very few shelves of books. The hardbacks (the majority of my collection) all went to Half-Price books (in fact, they're paying for my drive and stay in Detroit this weekend :D ), but the paperbacks are not worth much on the market.

This isn't kruft though. I'm not pruning out the crap from my collection. This is all of my paperbacks, with the exception of a very few collectors items. There are classics here, and some rare and/or very old and interesting novels, which I've been collecting - and frequently culling the crap out of - for over 20 years. It'd be nice if they went to good homes. :)

Kyle and Perry have been promised first pick, but after they pick through, I'll let you guys at them first-come. Just find me sometime during the event (I'll be there at lunch on Saturday through lunch on Sunday) after the boys have had a riffle, and you can grab whatever you want from the bins. If you feel obliged to compensate me for the books - which is neither required nor expected - donations will go toward Giant Settlers (which is almost finished) :D
    BOOOOOOOOOOKKSSSS

• AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    We'll be in either late tonight or early AM tomorrow. Anywhere between 10pm and 3am.
  • TeramonaTeramona Baroness von Puttenham In a cute little love nest with Mymidan. Icrontian
    Really wish I was going to this. :,(
    Jimmeh is through Tuesday I think.
    Wednesday.

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm sitting at SFO. It's damn cold in here. Current time is 610am. I've been here since 1am. No sleep yet. Got into an argument a with a weed smoking hobo. I'm losing my mind and I'm out of things to look at on the internet. hungry. Flying 5 hours to Charlotte first, then back to the D. This is going to suck.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Why in the hell have you been there since 1?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    At the airport now, waiting for my flight.
    I flew out of AGO. No reliable public transit out there from my apartment for a 715am flight.

I'm in Charlotte, alive. I slept a little on the plane, I think. Woman got kicked off the plane for being frigging wasted. Caused a mess. This is one of those days it seems.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    I hope you filmed it for posterity!
  • GargoyleGargoyle Illinois Icrontian
    Kicked off the 7:15 a.m. flight for being wasted? Damn.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    On a Wednesday even. She clearly doesn't mess around when it comes to being a mess.
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    I'm in Charlotte, alive. Caused a mess. This is one of those days it seems.
    The way I read this. I freakin' lol'd.

I'm in Charlotte, alive. Caused a mess. This is one of those days it seems.
    The way I read this. I freakin' lol'd.

Caused a mess. lololo